Is this the end of Apple?

>no longer reporting unit sales figures as of December
>No relevant product launches since the failed watch
>Stock nearly halved in 3 months
>OS X is basically a deprecated platform now, the unix core is now 10 years out of date in some components (lol Opengl 3.2)
>iOS is still basically the same as 5 years ago, while android has surged ahead with new features and performance improvements

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-24_18-48-03.png (1693x858, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2018/11/19/apple-cuts-orders-iphone-xs-xr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You simply can't sell slightly different $1000 phones every year

They might try something different now. Or they might just be killed off.

>killed off
Pls Santa.I've been good this year...

There entire global economy is dependent on iphones. Apple can single handedly trigger a global recession with one bad quarter

please let it happen

Attached: dahyun finger.jpg (801x1200, 108K)

iTODDLERS BTFO!

Attached: 1502552250407.gif (500x491, 376K)

They've been doing it for a while now

Based

Hardly. iPhones are PURE discretionary spending. They may be a big fish, but they're a big fish in a medium-sized industry that people only care about for purposes other than investment and reading market signals. If Apple disappeared tomorrow the only people who would care are the end consumers and its competitors.

based

Absolute bullshit. Demand would not disappear if apple did, there are alternatives and they would quickly fill the gap. People may not like being forced to change but it would happen.

that's where you are wrong fucko just watch

As much as I hate to say it, they need a new marketer-in-chief like Steve Jobs.
The iPod saved Apple in the early 2000s; they need something like that now.

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

Attached: 1521289207239.png (1043x889, 134K)

>miss me yet?

Attached: Sure_Got_Told_400x400.png (400x400, 303K)

zoomers aint buying 1500 dollar i phones every 12-18 months or 3000-4000 dollar mac book pros every 2-3 years.

>failed watch
Stopped reading there

Losers like you have been predicting the end of apple since 2005

>when your social symbol loses value

>it will happen I know it!!
kek

fuck apple but also cringe and retard pilled

Apple's big fuckup was making cheap versions of the iPhone

The entire selling point of the iPhone was that it was the rich man's phone. Now with 100 million poors running around with one they've ruined their brand, all for a brief surge in profits

I had no idea anyone even disputed that the apple watch was a failure. Google, Amazon and Ebay all pulled their app support from it well over a year ago.

Attached: tn_1235245586270.jpg (220x180, 8K)

Apple has over 200B in cash. They could operate for 5-6 YEARS without making an expense cut and making ZERO dollars of income. They could lose 50% of their revenue and still be profitable. If anything were to happen, they'd become like IBM and tread water for 30+ years. If you think they're going anywhere, you're a literal retard. They may make mediocre products, but they're the kings of marketing and run their business very well.

Used to work selling phones. The shift was very noticable. When they launched, it was only richfags who bought them and they even had special credit checks to keep the poorfags out. When I left a year ago, it was mainly poorfags trying to buy them, and the richfags coming in pissed off that the new iOS update had fucked their phone's performance, buying HTCs, Samsungs, Sonys, Huaweis, etc.

The other thing I always used to hear was how much they wished Blackberry was still around. The only reason they bought iPhones in the first place was that Blackberry fell behind the game.

Attached: xperia-s.jpg (439x450, 29K)

/thread

You checked on IBM lately? They just blew their wad buying Red Hat, and their share price is down massively because of it.

IBM also survived because they have a huge market of business customers who are locked into their offerings by contracts and the cost of switching. Personal consumers are far more fickle and it's much easier for them to abandon a company.

Attached: squadwad3824952.jpg (400x266, 17K)

This. Nokia also depended purely on the consumer market.

I can't believe zoomers would just go and kill Apple like that after everything they've done for them

Jesus, you're missing the point. IBM is still around even though it's been mismanaged to hell. It's straddled with debt with the RedHat acquisition and I could go on about 10 other things but again it's not the point.

Nokia, same thing, mismanaged, lack of vision, poor marketing and positioning. Never even half as big as Apple. It's irrelevant.

Apple is ran MUCH better. Better marketing and money management.. Even if it were to shit the bed. It would be just like IBM of the 80s and we will be talking about Apple in 2048 because they'll still be around.

A slow decline is still a decline. Also, are you fucking serious? Well run? Have you even seen the garbage they've come out with since Jobs died? Every single pre-existing product has gotten worse, and every single new product is absolute trash.

Apple products have always been trash. SOME of the earlier ones like user-serviceable Macs were slightly less trash, but still trash. It's always been about marketing to gullible morons, and that part they're still good at.

Attached: 1541105233571.png (610x1054, 160K)

I'm well aware of that, however I don't think the glowing veneer is really there anymore. Remember when they released the iPhone 7 and all the news media went to film the "crowds" queuing up, and nobody showed up at all? Then they all said "Well, they're just waiting for the iPhone X" and then the same thing happened?

The conditioning is broken, Apple are done as a major player.

Attached: 19672_261690931291_512001_n.jpg (160x160, 8K)

>"End of Year Selloff"
>"The January Affect"
Why are none of you idiots talking about these perennial market trends?

Attached: 1543987346066.jpg (500x375, 43K)

>37% loss in 3 months
>market trends

Attached: 1530379741786.jpg (720x664, 225K)

based and redpilled

>apple gets $200,000,000,000 loan
>uses it to buy back stock to limit supply, inflate stock price, and generate fake growth to keep investors happy
>applel stock crashes
>apple still owes $200,000,000,000 on that debt but all that stock they bought with it is worth less than toilet paper
Where were you when Applel BTFO themselves?

Attached: 1518632611909.gif (500x282, 315K)

Based Rossman singlehandedly destroyed Apple with his YouTube shitposting.

While that's above average, it's not unheard of at this time of year.
Most investors reevaluate their holdings at the end of the year to avoid tax hits for the next year.
It will level out in late January. APL may still be down, but not that much.
TL;DR: Jow Forums is trolling you guys.

It's funny because the stock price doesn't even truly reflect investor behavior.
Apple's debt and assets have remained static through this entire course of events, only investor money has been moving around. They tanked from 1.1T to 700B, and have only 100B in equity left. That's 400B or 80% from investors that have pulled out.

Attached: 1532632308020.png (874x982, 83K)

They've also had to cut down on those and not only those:
9to5mac.com/2018/11/19/apple-cuts-orders-iphone-xs-xr/

This

>b-but fruit logo bad!!

>mfw Apple reports quarterly results and they break all records again
Come on Jow Forums you know the drill, it's been years

Attached: 1383482415374.gif (250x230, 927K)

If a company's market capitalization drops from $1.1T to $700bn that does not mean $400bn of investor money has pulled out.

That's not what market capitalization means at all

Attached: 1286204605919.jpg (200x196, 34K)

Apple watch is just an expensive Fitbit now.

All stocks are being adjusted now. Expect things decaying by half next year. We are on the verge of a global recession. A violent one.

And it's selling like hotcakes, turning Apple into the largest watch company in the world

Anyone who claims the Apple Watch is a failure has no connection to reality

Apple Watch is -literally- the only good smartwatch on the market.

Attached: 1481913757204.jpg (571x571, 83K)

This Tweet is now 7 years old.

Jow Forums still as clueless as usual

Attached: Apple Every Year.png (433x146, 10K)

based and sataniapilled

Short term profit business model says you must.

Smartwatch? No the pebble still is.
For fitness tracker its not bad, but really not much better than the mi band 2/3. It survives on the paranoia of boomers who think their hearts are exploding.

Heyy i owned that phone

Apple is eroding its own brand image.

The earphones are a bust. The iPad pen was wonky. The expensive flexible iPad is a joke. The Mac Pro has a supremely last century feel. Their wastebin workstation is self-limiting. The iMac is for old people. The watch is a giant load of who-cares?

Samsung and Lenovo actually have more interesting product ideas. Even Microsoft.

>appleshit
>good
Good joke.

Attached: 1515734403850.png (700x10000, 3.95M)

we're watching alright.. we've watched how they've pulled a fast one on investors by not revealing sales numbers any more and we're watching how every other OEM is slapping them around like a cheap whore in terms of technological advancement. oh yes, that always impresses shareholders.. especially hiding figures and not coming up with one original or new idea in over a decade. yes, sure is going really well for apple. my fucking sides.

> global economy
> depends on apple making phones
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

You'll be surprised to know Samsung is considered an extreme joke of a brand by any Apple user. Buying Samsung is the equivalent of willingly buying knockoff products.

Apple users are lamenting about
1) Apple not updating hardware frequently enough (Mac Pros, Mac Mini etc)
2) Inconsistency between the same software on different devices (iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro)
3) Macbook Pro keyboards (huge flaw here, rare for Apple to make a hardware mistake)

The AirPods have been extremely well received (and appear to be selling faster than Apple can manufacture them) and the Watch has consistently been the best product on the market (which is why Apple is now the #1 watch maker in the world).

I think the problem with non-Apple users is they are completely out of touch with what Apple's fans are actually interested in, like your post.
At no point do competing products come into the equation - nothing is even comparable or comes close. It's not even a thought, there's a reason Apple has the highest user loyalty in the world.

Attached: 1294436354922.png (468x494, 31K)

>Remember when they released the iPhone 7 and all the news media went to film the "crowds" queuing up, and nobody showed up at all?
I remember. it was hilarious.
>The conditioning is broken, Apple are done as a major player.
they've been done for some time. only applefaggots don't realise they're dead yet.
yes, there was the sticky issue of bringing back in their own cash from overseas to pay off investors, because it would be hit with tax. it's awesome watching them dig their own grave even deeper as the years roll by. brings me much joy.

You mean the iPhone 7 when Apple geared towards online pre-orders and it broke sales records?

You'll be surprised to know Apple is considered an extreme joke of a brand by anyone that isn't a brain dead troglodyte. Buying Apple is the equivalent of willingly buying knockoff products.

Even Apple users are lamenting about
1) Apple not updating hardware frequently enough (Mac Pros, Mac Mini etc)
2) Inconsistency between the same software on different devices (iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro)
3) Macbook Pro keyboards (huge flaw here, common for Apple to make a hardware mistake)
4) All Apple iProducts being bendy fragile garbage
5) All Apple products in general spontaneously exploding and causing serious third degree burns and deaths

The AirPods are a complete joke in the audio community and iToddlers look like complete morons with toothbrush heads sticking out of their ears.

I think the problem with Apple users is they are completely out of touch with what humans are actually interested in, like your post.
At no point do competing products come into the equation - nothing is even comparable or comes close. It's not even a thought, there's a reason iToddlers are considered sheep or subhuman troglodytes.

Attached: 1517826249222.jpg (996x954, 319K)

> being a loyal corporate cock sucking faggot
> = who cares about the technology!
> it's all about the brand and loyalty!
> please keep gluing in my batteries i can't replace on my own!
> yes, keep soldering the RAM and SSDs to motherboards! so useful!
> MUCH INNOVATION!
fuck off and die, you pathetic corporate cock sucking shill. I just love how their fans are so "loyal" yet they treat them like fucking idiots. and you know why apple treat them like fucking idiots and ship poorly made equipment? because they know they can get away with it as long as their apologists/cock suckers like you in this universe.

>the audio community
Oh no, not the audiophiles.
How can Apple ever recover?

Attached: 1290823530966.jpg (450x373, 49K)

iTODDLERS GET INTO THE FUCKING OVEN.

>buy audio listening device
>it's complete fucking shit at it
>it costs 500% more than products with identical performance
>appletoddler untermensch wonder why they are the laughingstock of every community they try to shoehorn their garbage chinktoys into

Attached: 1514507315342.gif (160x160, 743K)

> apple runs cubase
> crashes
> apple runs logic pro
> crashes
> running vst plugins that take too much cpu power..
> crashes
this is what i commonly see from producers having to use macs. this is nearly a daily occurrence. they've seen apple as fucking cancer for quite a few years now.

Apple users don't even think about other brands.

Do you think the average iPhone user understands that iOS is a serious, well-made OS that has been GPU-accelerated from day one, while Android is a bloated mess that can't even get 60-fps smoothness due to memory overhead issues with GPU acceleration?
Of course not, all an Apple user knows is the iPhone is smooth and all the other phones are laggy. That's all they need to know.

Do you think the average iPhone user even knows that Apple's A12 now beats Intel Xeons in CPU performance on industry-standard SPECfp benchmarks? Or that the Galaxy S9+ is only now barely reaching iPhone 7 levels of CPU performance (2 year old device)?
Of course not, all an Apple user knows is the iPhone is fast and everything else is slow. That's all.

Apple is the only company that makes products for people who care about technology, that hasn't changed in the last 20 years.

Attached: 95169[1].png (650x600, 43K)

>rare for apple to make a hardware mistake

Attached: magsafe-melted-large-e1325695975478.jpg (640x480, 38K)

And this time Steve isn't coming back to save it.

SUICIDE: JUST DO IT, CORPORATE SHILL.

Attached: bKbWxQy.jpg (1200x800, 116K)

Seriously, is this Jow Forums I'm posting on? I thought we knew better...

Attached: 2e09bSz.jpg (2448x2115, 499K)

rly tho, at this point, they have more defective by design products than stuff which actually works.

Attached: iphone-6-plus-bendgate.jpg (782x475, 123K)

Based

nothing is going to save it if they refuse to innovate. all they'll have left in the end is an operating system, an SoC and an app/music store. i do see a future where apple stops making anything and becomes a service provider that licenses out their abysmal technology and brand. but by then, the brand itself will be pretty worthless. the real value being in the technology.

I never understood why Jow Forums has such a hardon for magsafe failures.
The magsafe was a key selling point of early nu-Apple Macbooks, everyone loved them.
Out of all the things non-Apple people liked about Macbooks, the magsafe was probably top of the list.

what an awesome design. for fucks sake. did the person that design this some drunk they picked up in a bar that just happened to say FUCK APPLE in a drunken rant but was misheard as "I'm a hardware engineer"?

>>Stock nearly halved in 3 months
What the absolute fuck, you are not lying. Looks like the first trillionaire company bubble bursted hard. I hope it crashes and burns even harder.

Attached: nee.png (704x611, 88K)

>the magsafe was probably top of the list.
absolute fucking nonsense.

>why are people mad our chargers keep catching fire and melting

but muh magnets...

First of all nice trips.

Secondly, perhaps Steve's greatest creation wasn't making the mouse popular, or capacitive touch screen phones, or even NeXT (arguably his most influential thing) but Apple itself.

He probably would have seethed at a camera bump and probably the notch too, but otherwise they've kept going the way he intended them to.

It's not Jow Forums, it's just that one autist who posts incessantly from his grandma's house.

only way is down for these over valued fucks.

If Apple is doomed, how did they get to be a $1T company?

>Sony Ericsson
Good shit

over valued stock price and market manipulation. they're paying for it now.

great

Attached: Really_makes_you_think_different.png (724x866, 204K)

RIP in peace USA

Attached: 01E54089-E53F-45D7-9903-770902C894AF.jpg (1330x574, 143K)

First company to have 1 trillion valuation. More cash on hand than any other company. The company has grown YoY since Jobs death. Their products have never been great but acting like the company isn't ran well is just hilariously wrong.

You can have a mediocre product if execution of marketing is godlike which Apple is the best at. Otherwise, explain Apple's success if it's not.

Again, as a business their primary objective is to make money and they do it well.

based

It's run like a joke. LITERALLY the only thing they've done well is marketing.

They are in massive debt in the US. $170b at the moment. Apple doesn't not have enough liquid cash to pay it back if they bring it back to US soil thanks to taxes.

baste

itoddlers will defend this

>too poor to afford an iPhone
Lol, stick to your slow ass android.

enjoy being a paypig

>enjoy being able to afford premium goods
Thanks, I will.

>applel

truly based