Ok Jow Forums I need help and I'm getting desperate...

Ok Jow Forums I need help and I'm getting desperate. I'm having a Windows issue that seemingly a reinstall does not remedy. Here's what's going on:

I ran the latest Dec 2018 Windows 10 update for build 1809. Update runs and prompts me to reboot. I do so. However when it comes back up it hangs on the Windows splash screen. The spinning dots just freeze. I let it sit for a while and nothing happens so I power cycle. Same thing happens when it comes up again. I run through all the Windows repair tools, nothing works. I'm actually able to boot into safe mode and it uninstalled the updates. Still can't boot normally. I decide, fuck it I could probably do with a reinstall anyway. I reinstalled and get back into Windows. First thing I do is run Windows update. It does the same thing. Again. What the fuck? I decide to try an older build, very 1803. Same deal, clean install is ok, can't update without it breaking. It won't even let me update my display drivers without getting pissed.

Hardware:
Core i7 6700k (stock clock speed)
ASUS Z170 Gaming pro Motherboard
16GB memory
MSI GTX 980
Samsung Evo 800 500GB SSD
Couple of WD blues for my data that haven't been touched and are fine through this whole ordeal.

Help Jow Forums!

Attached: 174351-1.png (1024x768, 12K)

Literally installing Gentoo will fix your issue.

Using Windows Ten to start with. Install 7 and be happy

Use 8.1 enterprise N
Get the updated iso and be done after installation
Well, you need to do the usual to kill the metro shit but it's a solid OS
t. 8.1 master race

>windows

Windows 10 updates have a high chance to brick your system.
May as well install Ubuntu.
If you want to play games, install windows 7 or 8. Avoid windows 10 for as long as possible. It's garbage

I should just do this shouldn't I?

I did get the display drivers and the rest of the hardware updated just now. I'm scared to try and run a cumulative update or reboot though.

>I ran the latest Dec 2018 Windows 10 update for build 1809.
Found your problem.

Attached: 1544964291957.png (358x272, 124K)

Well nevermind. I rebooted and it hung up again. The pajeets at microshit couldn't help me either. Ugh why in the fuck does Windows suck/ the only OS I can game on?

I have the same problem with 1803. This is getting really gay and frustrating.

Might as well try the windows insider build at this point.

Can you boot into safe mode?

Try resetting your bios settings to default and/or update the bios to the latest version.

> the only OS I can game on?
You know what time is this. Install Linux w/Proton and try your games there. Windows doesn't work anyway, you lose nothing.

use linux boot disk and dd the fucker.
then install gentoo u fucking faggot.
jesus Shit10 in 2018.

Yeah I can get into safe mode. I can get a clean install but as soon as I give it network to update the device drivers to something other than the generic MS driver it causes the system to hang on normal boot. I think it could possibly be a driver conflict at this point.

If it's an expendable piece of hardware (external wifi adapter or something) it would be easily solved by using something else.At any rate, try to find out which device driver is being updated. Alternively you could manually update all devices by ferrying the installers from a different pc on a usb stick before connecting it to the network again.

Currently just have a keyboard, mouse, monitor, and network cable plugged in. It updated my display driver just fine and then 3 or 4 other drivers for like the sound card on my Motherboard. Windows update said it was successful but it freaks out as soon as I reboot. I can't look at my update history insafe mode either, it just doesn't load Windows update. I'm going to try 1803 again to see if that works. If not, I'm pirating Windows 7 and calling it a fucking day so I can have working Windows at least.

Run memcheck86 to see if your ram is why shit is going crazy.

If that doesn't work, unplug all your non-critical hardware like hdds and graphics, update and reset your bios to stock settings, and clean install.

Would it be my memory if it only occurs after it tries to update drivers from my Motherboard?

Try to install on another pc, then return hdd with maybe a working Windows back.

install windows enterprise ltsc 2019.

>cursed with win10
>stupid enough to still use the built-in updating interface
>doesn't even have indefinitely-deferring update methods in place, such as WUMT Wrapper Script or changing update behavior via group policy edits

Attached: 1526679588047.jpg (340x314, 78K)

Attached: 1435872935419.gif (512x384, 2.56M)

enable debugging on the system partition bcd store and kd that sucker!

>Windows 10

7 was perfect,go with that