>Budget
>Location
>Source
>Type of headphone
>Comfort level
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Featured IEM: BQEYZ KB100: The Best Bang for your Buck $50 IEM

Attached: $_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007.jpg (960x720, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/headphones/tests/sound-quality/soundstage
mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA
youtube.com/watch?v=q99z64NjOtc
youtube.com/watch?v=cIQ9IXSUzuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

daily reminder you are putting to toxic material into your ear that leaches into the skin next to your brain and will probably develop early onset Alzheimer's.

>69057576
>69057648
Prtf is pinna related transfer function. Trying to replicate hrtf speaker measurements.
Instead of full head, they just measure pinna resonance.
rtings.com/headphones/tests/sound-quality/soundstage

t. chinks fotm shiller.

reading books is worse

meant for.

sorry, zsn part is misclick.
actually

oops i meant this for

This thread’s off to a great start.

Who the fuck uses earbuds in this day and age and isn't ghetto poor?

I don't know what marketing shit you're trying to sell me, but I'll take a good pair of headphones any day.

yeah, i made two mistakes.
misnumbers, and not putting another ">"

>inb4 we cancelled your order

Attached: dm6.png (939x278, 23K)

Any way to restore worn out comply tips or am I gonna just need to buy more? I've been through 3 pairs already and I'm tired of this shit already.

try silicone over foam tips like sony triple comfort or symbio.
foam isolation with typical silicone longevity.

>paying more than 6 dollars for headphones
retards...

I honestly don't know how they fucked up so badly with the DM6. Its like they only made 300 for the entire world and that's it.

Can't find them ANYWHERE online and the wait time for aliexpress orders is 2-4 weeks estimated before the factory ships them to the vendors.

Attached: 1350311411398.gif (281x220, 659K)

Alzheimer's is caused by build up of proteins around brain cells in ya blood .. While I agree some of these you buy could be made of some toxic resin or plastic or glue it won't give you that prob just cancer

IEMs are for recording and live music.

Do you not go outside?

jesus christ you know you can delete posts on Jow Forums right ?

magic 8 ball says outcome not so good

cant cycle around and hit the gym with full size cans you full size faggot

>Honestly I am greatful that this exists separately from /hpg/. The amount of stax shit posting used to be tolerable, but lately it's gotten WAY out of hand.

dont forget the SJW that targeted /csg/ if anyone dares sperg about creating another general knows not the hell we have been through... 2017 on Jow Forums was hellish

Etymotic BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

>The Etymotic ER4XR is a mediocre sounding pair of closed-back in-ears.
The Etymotic ER4XR is a mediocre sounding pair of closed-back in-ears.
>The Etymotic ER4XR is a mediocre sounding pair of closed-back in-ears.
The Etymotic ER4XR is a mediocre sounding pair of closed-back in-ears.

Attached: ety er4xr.png (883x696, 134K)

some things need to be pointed.
RTINGS graph has that "harman" bass boost compensation
while etymotics marketed to have diffuse field up to 16khz.

look at second graph.
well, atleast they're not lying. they're diffuse field tuned, not harman target tuned.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (400x2170, 218K)

Seems a little misguided.
As far as general transfer gain goes, it does not matter where the gain is introduced, only what makes it to the end. It doesn't look like the PRTF target is reflected in the general response target curve.

Sean Olive's review of Rtings.

Attached: Reviewers.png (555x970, 119K)

you cant measure audio with graphs stop trying color of the sound is too complex to be shown even on a 3d graph.

which article is this? or paper?

>scores based only on measured frequency response

Attached: garbage.jpg (658x439, 43K)

lol they also should rate audiobudget, the phonograph, and alike.

>A Survey and Analysis of Headphones
Something like that, but a much longer title. It's one of the papers here:
mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA

Any recommendations for an upgrade from a Dunu-2000j lads? It's comparable to AKG K3003.
I've never gone the CIEM route, is it time?

Attached: [email protected] (500x500, 24K)

thanks user, it's helps with my curiousity.

Which zishan i should buy?

ciem is mostly good, but keep in mind that it's hard to sell it.

Z2 if you want a fidget cube that happens to play 5.6mhz DSD
Z3 if you want a Z2 with a screen
Zishan DSD if you want to a gansta ballin with an AK4497 with differential output circuitry

MERRY CHRISTMAS /IEMg/ !

Attached: IMG_7108.jpg (2448x3264, 2.4M)

Just call them ear buds you aspies

because iems are older than earbuds you mouth breather

I've tried z1 before. Is those affected by latency issues when used as a dac?

etydildos reporting in

Attached: IMG_20181221_114652.jpg (3480x4640, 2.84M)

Good taste.

Looking for user who has guide for installing rockbox on agptek rocker

rtings reviews are such shit, feel free to find iems more neutral than the sr and xr

>xr
How that can be neutral?

Did I get memed? I got the zn es4 for one day and now the button stopped working and now it wont stop or skip tracks.

neutral doesn't exist

Man I love the er4sr sound but my God the fucking microphonics was awful. Never again for ety until they fix that.

That's chinked.
But target responses exist. And there's ton difference between them, but they have same idea.

try the cable over ear.

Etys are only good for calibrating measuring rigs and not actual music enjoyment.
youtube.com/watch?v=q99z64NjOtc

Mids are thin and so does the bass. Stage is none existent. Why even bother to be honest.

>Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews

he's actually a good guy, don't let the name mislead you. His patreon goes towards supporting kittens.

I did but still wasn't as great as any other half decent over the ear iem I've had.
Jusr awful. A shame cause nothing sounds as amazing as those.

then he should change his channel to good guy bad audio reviews so it's more accurate LOL

LOL good one dude. You should become a comedian.

can iem even take advantage of a good dac?

oh gosh you think so?

not etymotics. their mids are lackluster and bass is textureless. they don't resolve that well. If you want iems that do take advantage of a good dac try some BGVP DM6s.

Buzzwords, the ER4SR is ruler flat. You just hate neutral signatures.

how the fuck can you make some thing so small and have it cost 300-1500$

you guys are fucking retarded for buying this shit. what does it have like 2mm of some super expensive speaker material in it. you fucking retards.

nah. ba timbre is garbage and single driver set ups sound congested specially in such a small enclosure.

Buzzwords, you just hate neutral signatures. You uneducated audiophile.

Yes, some people just don't get used to neutral sound.
It's shame though most people just didn't get the most of music.

and what credentials do you have mr.idontunderstandsimpleaudioterms?

neutral sound isn't a real thing

95% of what you're hearing is simply the frequency response. You just don't like neutral sound. Timbre is garbage? Maybe you prefer the uneven bass response of dynamic driver IEMs. Congested sound? Maybe you prefer a weaker upper midrange sound as this can increase the sense of depth.

Yes, it's not a real thing, it's human perception.

holy shit you're retarded. go back to your hole under a rock.

What is R&D.

Is upper mid-range refer to 2k-3k area?

can't believe people actually pay more for iems when etymotics are perfection. They really rival speakers in neutrality and imaging.

Relatively, speakers and especially room treatment is more expensive.

Good op putting recommendation template.

yeah there is no point to getting speakers or anything more. budget wise.

Mainly use them to monitor my drums which they work good for

SR ia good for mixing and monitoring.
While XR, with added warmness it's actually good for music enjoyment/hifi.

For me, xr is like sr with tube amp.

both are end game.

Yes, pretty much.
Their only fault is 7-8k dip, also not so airy sounding treble extension.
Maybe in a few year i can't really hear above 16k.

But sometimes i prefer my mh755 for monitoring. Boosted low bass really help.

Fuck the chink shills
And the memes
I will never find anything that can amaze me with its sound again
I should just buy IEMs for their looks from now on.

Post nice IEMs.

I really like how the shozy hibiki looks

Attached: campfireaudio-andromeda-audio46.jpg (1024x560, 46K)

No rnd makes a device cost 2000x its manufacting cost .. Chips are different because you have to build or rent a super expensive factory

And even if some are considerably better than others you are still getting scammed there is no material on earth that would make them that expensive other than jewelry

Moondrop Kanas.

Attached: 249_ext_04_en_0.jpg (2846x1666, 765K)

Why the fuck would anyone want in ear monitors? There's a 1% use case for this, so it's definitely not a general. I mean Jesus, even if you made music or worked with audio for a living so that you needed monitors, why in ear?

Tldr; you don't use monitors as daily drivers, you dumb fucks.

Look at this know nothing faggot using monitors to listen to mixed and balanced music. Hey kid, save your parents some money and quit being a faggot.

Oh god you don't even need lube to insert because of how smooth they are.

Well post Malone uses them on stage but I doubt he cares about sound quality over that racket probably uses some 40$ pare he gets for free these people are retards 1200$ for earbuds is worse than that Japanese guy that brought 250,000$ speakers and a new power pole and transformer to his house you people are sick

those are metal too. saving yourself from plastic silicone cancer.

He's using them to monitor an audio signal. This is my point, you don't use monitors outside of working with raw audio signals. If you buy monitors to listen to music, watch a movie, it play video games with, you get a shitty experience, and bad fucking audio. That isn't what monitors are for, buy a normal set of headphones.

I get your point though, that's the 1% use case. I'm just disappointed that some sperg thinks this is a good general for Jow Forums on any level.

I can easily wear headphones designed for that. Earbuds will always produce inferior sound, be less comfy to wear and now I guess, costs almost as much as a decent pair of headphones.

Creating a separate general is autistic splitting hairs and it will be dead in a month or two, and calling someone a faggot is hilarious coming from a reddit tier tripfag.

honestly he's right. DF tunning is boring and only good for monitoring. Harman target is closer to the ideal.

you are such a shitposting sperg and calling a namefag a trip while dropping the reddit buzzword is beyond cringe

RTINGS BAD

Attached: 1536599872186.jpg (938x974, 81K)

A namefag is a tripfag, lurk moar

Quin69 the biggest diablo streamer got some super expensive audio technica headphones and said the sound was so accurate and harsh that it literally hurt his ears. I think they are the same model that sponsor Grimes like 2500$ headpones

The problem with audio on Jow Forums is lately people post graphs and literally think you can benchmark audio and buy what's best these noons don't even know what color of sound is and also literally think digital audio converted by a DAC is now magically a analogue source and the same as vinyl or tape ..

Jow Forums wasn't like this 6 years ago these consumer fucks have scared off the actual audio experts that hanged out here in 2013

>the stupid discord stax shitters realized that no one responds to their tired hpg baits here so now they need to find something else to shitpost with

Attached: 1526954839639.gif (245x245, 775K)

>think digital audio converted by a DAC is now magically a analogue source and the same as vinyl or tape ..
youtube.com/watch?v=cIQ9IXSUzuM