Say something nice about it

Attached: fedora-logo.png (546x546, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

if-not-true-then-false.com/2015/fedora-nvidia-guide/
spins.fedoraproject.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

More stable than Arch, more up-to-date than Debian.
+Wayland.

Although I couldn't get Nvidia working, the package management is really good

Wayland is shit idiot

It's a very well integrated and tightly woven system, if you don't mind doing everything the way Poettering thinks you should.

I literally have nothing bad to say about it. Fedora Core 6 is what got me into Linux.

I got it to work easily heres a guide if-not-true-then-false.com/2015/fedora-nvidia-guide/

isn't worse then the shitty xorg graphics pipeline performance

>defaults to gnome
There is nothing nice to say about this, literally anything would be better.

no u

It's not windows

Nvidia drivers are in rpmfusion now, you literally just click install in the software center if you have the nonfree repo enabled.

>gnome
pls no

Attached: gnome.jpg (1600x900, 74K)

>oh no, it’s a desktop that does things differently
It’s actually pretty nice if you try to use it the way it was meant to be used instead of customizing it till it ends up looking like a shitty version of windows or any other DE. And on Fedora it’s pretty snappy too.

What's your thoughts on Unity?

Not him but fuck unity and fuck whatever ubuntu is trying to do with gnome, I think the only implementation of gnome I didn't hate was what system76 does.

Just be lazy and don't try to make Windows out of gnome and it is surprisingly usable. There is a "classic" mode if you need it a bit more windowslike.

Does that shit still exist? I thought they got rid of it a while ago.

I liked the Unity, definitely better than the abomination they have going right now. If people are judging Gnome based on what Ubuntu has managed to do with it, I’m not surprised they hate it.

botnet.

>Not him but fuck unity and fuck whatever ubuntu is trying to do with gnome
Unity wasn't Gnome, it was a functional version of what they are trying to hack gnome together as, today.
Hell, Unity as it stands today, is more functional than Gnome will ever be, for at least the next decade or so, unless the gnome committee suddenly decides to accept criticism, rather than respond with "don't like it, don't use it".

The most polished linux desktop out there, I’m surprised it’s not used more.

I like the logo

You're right, unity was gnome shell, neither accomplished what cinnamon can do, and even then I feel like cinnamon is missing a lot of shit. though, if you ever get the chance, try pop_os, it made me not completely hate gnome.

>cinnamon
clinging on to false promises, are we?

It exists and probably will do so for a long time. It works and makes mouse-only navigation comfortable.

It's one of the best distributions out there. I'm using it with GNOME and it's super /comfy/.

nah I moved to kde soon after, it's just crazy to me all the DEs that spawned out of gnome teams incompetence.

Attached: mhr7yQQ.jpg (750x405, 46K)

>Fedora
>Polished

You’re still trying to make Gnome something that it isn’t. The Gnome workflow isn’t supposed to be the same as something like Windows. You aren’t supposed to use a dock or a minimize button, that’s why it’s not there by default. Rather than minimizing a window and then restoring it you use a new workspace, thats why they are created dynamically. You are supposed to use your keyboard for opening apps and navigating through the workspaces, not click icons on a dock. When you think about it it’s pretty close to a tiling wm like i3.

Something nice about it.

Attached: 45411338_367756593965997_7330268306680578048_n.jpg (539x552, 35K)

dnf is so slow i have time to go do shopping while i install wget

maybe if you put it on a ssd isntead of your 8 year old harddrive.

>hurhryhhhrudyreygyrhur crayons
>what thebfuck is fedora kde fedora Xfce lxde damn

brand new nvme BUCKO

It isn’t Debian based.

I have a 860 evo and a 970 pro, I don't know what you're complaining about when it comes to speed, I get that shit hot out of the oven PAL

Attached: 1540589224856.jpg (1024x595, 69K)

have you just never tried another distro? dnf is hopelessly slow compared to pacman or apt

ah, someone of culture I see
I can't fucking install ntop from the repositories. T-thanks Fedora

I’ve been using Fedora 29
KDE. It’s not full of cancer like Ubuntu, Mint, or Elementary and it has packages from this decade.

It's the only Linux distro I've actually used for more than a day.

Yea, apt is about the same speed, I don't care for arch or any of its derivatives, so into the trash they go.

Attached: 3lsNHVg.png (919x747, 806K)

spins.fedoraproject.org/

>Although I couldn't get Nvidia working
>Wayland is shit idiot
lel

Nothing nice to say about Facebook.

Explain to an OS illiterate how Fedora's different to Ubuntu

Attached: 1489701529655.png (379x472, 262K)

>Fedora's different to Ubuntu
Fedora just werks 99.99% of the time and is more up to date in terms of new features in software
Ubuntu just werks 99.999999% of the time but may lack some newer features in some software

tl;dr new hardware go bleeding edge fedora, old hardware try ubuntu unless you want X feature not backported yet

Muchisimas gracias papi chulo, that works perfectly!

f is for friends who do stuff together!

Literally this.

Nicer logo and meme name.

Cheers. Might just keep one to main and another on a VM as backup.

ubuntu is you hate your pc experience, fedora if you hate your coding experience

I hear this "dnf slow" meme a lot. Is that really the case though? I'm not too familiar with it, but I have used its predecessor, yum, on CentOS, and it doesn't seem too bad. How did they fuck it up?

It's not a meme, I want to like fedora but dnf is pretty garbage especially if you have several copr repos enabled

No, its a fucking meme.

Attached: 1543873594279.jpg (900x750, 85K)

This plus xfce is the best setup you can get

Have you actually tried using it? With copr repos enabled (if you want any software it's unavoidable)

this