When will monitor manufacturers stop making these fucking piece of shit curved monitors and make more 1440p 144hz IPS...

When will monitor manufacturers stop making these fucking piece of shit curved monitors and make more 1440p 144hz IPS monitors or 4k IPS monitors? FUCK.

Attached: curved.jpg (750x480, 165K)

>tfw just want a solid 1440/144hz monitor I can swerve for shit like Touhou

I like my big curved monitor

>wanting 16:9 trash

Ultrawide monitors are unironically incredibly useful for productivity. My company is getting a bunch of Dell ultrawides as replacement for dual FHD workstations.

34"+ ultrawides is the only place curved displays make any sense at all. The curve works, and works well.

i'd love a hidpi curved monitor

same

More like when can we get new display tech that has the technical advantages of a CRT without blasting radiation in your face, guzzling power like a slut guzzles cock, and taking up half your desk?

There's still nothing out there that compares to a high resolution CRT when it comes to accurate colors and smooth refresh rates. But the disadvantages are pretty huge and the good ones are hard to come by. Maintaining them is a bitch now too.

Do you not understand how supply and demand work? Jesus christ the state of this fucking board. Fucking x and pol are more reasonable. Fuck me...

When the average person can afford hardware to drive 1440@144hz or 4k

Attached: 1545522560839.jpg (602x500, 80K)

agree, when the norm is at least 144hz, then the push for 1440 can happen. Right now 144hz is a meme.

>make a TV
>it has a defect
>cut it down
>sell to gamers
It's very convenient.

>or 4k IPS monitors? FUCK.

Seriously though I was in the market for a 4k monitor two years ago.
I taken a close look on a couple 27" IPS monitors
They were too fucking small and had dead pixels on them.

So I went with a 32" AMVA monitor and it's great.
Colors arent significantly worse, contrast and backlight are fuckloads better.

The norm in 2018 is 144hz.problem is the god awful 1080p TN panel.

I'm just waiting on 32" 4k 100hz+ IPS

All I want is a 4k 16:10 display with good color and decent response time, seems that's too much to ask for these days.

anything over 90hz is placebo

it is possibly the norm for "gamers," but not the average person, aka the norm.

Need more 49" 1440p+ curved ultrawides

How the fuck is an ultra wide better than two monitors

Not having a bezel in the middle allows for more window arrangements. Personally I use 3 big windows, ide, terminal and browser.

>CRT
>blasting radiation in your face

CRTs don't emit much radiation, it's just a meme.

And why not a single larger 16:9 then? A 29"UW for instance is literally a 32" with some vertical real estate chopped off, they're about the same price, and the same goes on for larger sizes. Shit I'm in the market for a new monitor myself and did the math, I find 2560x1080 29" UW's and 1440p 32's for the same prices, the UW is just not worth it. They're the same width, I'd be literally paying the same for less.

my company recently bought like 3,000 of these philips 34"s and i wasn't sure about the curved meme at first but they are surprisingly good for productivity. but given the choice i might still go for dual 27" 1440p

Attached: 2887164-a.jpg (350x350, 15K)

When the FUCK will things be updated for 4k so I don't have to manually scale shit to actually see it

make more 1920x1200 monitors

Are 27" too big if you sit arms lenght from the monitor?

16:9 is a shitty claustrophobic aspect ratio and I'm never going back to it.
Ultrawide for life.

Whatever, you do you I guess

depends on how long your arm is

make 1080p 144ha ips with hdr10 ffs

>not having a curved 1440p 144hz IPS monitor

Attached: lc32hg70qqnxza-gallery1-0606.jpg?$product-details-jpg$.jpg (800x600, 53K)

Depends on your arms length.

But probably, yes.

>curved
>samsung
holy shit user why do you hate yourself so much?

At the time it was the cheapest freesync 2 monitor available.

Im sorry you have to suffer that fate

the samsung is VA

>ips
>posts picture of VA panel monitor
you're not bright are you

the chg70 really suffers from huge variation problems, most commonly known the clouding illumination of the panel which is a mess when looking at plain grey tinted objects like Jow Forums in tommorow design.

if you want to upgrade to something better, consider the BenQ EX3203R

>not having three giant monitors

Well fuck. The review I read lied to me.

Attached: 22 percent angry.png (162x171, 68K)

From my eyes to the monitor is probably almost 70 cm.

Out of sheer curiosity, which one?

This was in april, so i forget. Pretty sure it was at displaylag.com

Displaylag is smart enough to not make a mistake like that. I'd assume so anyway especially since it's a QLED which is Samsung's own special flavor of VA

Where the fuck are my 43" IPS UHD@120+Hz panels?
I recall being promised DP 1.3/1.4 displays like 2 years ago.
Also, fuck all you niggers saying that current GPUs aren't good enough for it. 120 Hz desktop and smooth older FPS are enough to keep me happy for a while.

>tfw TF2 runs at

>Where the fuck are my 43" IPS UHD@120+Hz panels?
In a year or two actually, but they are not going to be IPS more than likely VA because it's going to be TVs.
Many High end TVs already have 120hz panels but are limited by HDMI 2.0 so you can only realistically have 1080p@120hz
HDMI 2.1 which is coming will solve that issue which will allow full 4k@120hz along with HDR, hdmi 2.1 will also have variable refresh rate and auto low latency mode

Even the mid-end TVs have 120Hz UHD panels these days

Excatly
Most if not all of them already allow us to use the 120hz with an external input both unofficially with a custom resolution and officially in the TVs EDID so when hdmi 2.1 rolls around there is no real reason for them to stop us from taking full advantage of of the panel