Custom Rom General

What rom are you running? On what phone and what kernel?

I'll start; OnePlus 3, CrDroid 8.1 stock CrDroid Kernel

Attached: lineageos-15.1.png (854x581, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lineageoslog.com/14.1/kenzo
download.lineageos.org/jfltexx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not using a custom rom because android one is good enough

Renovate Ice 14.1 on Samsung S8 until 15.0 has been further tested by others.

>Samsung S5
>Lineage 15.1
>Stock Lineage kernel
Incredibly comfy, would recommend.
Not heard of CrDroid OP: why did you choose it?

Attached: happyxmas.jpg (640x360, 22K)

I spent almost an hour yesterday researching how to install LineageOS onto my brother's gen 5 2015 Kindle Fire 7" only to discover that I can't even get root anymore after 4 updates ago.

Attached: Screenshot (7).png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

I have a Samsung S4 that has been working on the original factory rom for five years still (android 4.4). What's the safest alternative? Lineage 14.1?

Tested all Roms, CrDroid was the only smooth one with good battery

redmi 5, aicp, stock aicp kernel
lineage ports are trash for this phone

I don't see the point in running anything but LineageOS. Most of the other ROM are just a fork and the developers ghost on you after 6 months.

How did you fix the low volume microphone problem during calls? I have an s5 too, on stock the microphone works without problem, but on LOS it barely recording.

Oneplus 3t, stock ROM but rooted with Magisk. On 8.0 oreo.

Inb4 stock rom, I like it because it's got good features and quite frankly custom roms tend to be slightly unstable, and as my daily driver, I don't want to take risks of it not booting up or randomly crashing when I need to call someone in an emergency. Yes, very unlikely, but I'd prefer the lower risk of stock rom which has been maintained by paid employees and tested regularly, rather than custom roms done by volunteers.

I am in no way shitting on custom roms though, and actually used custom roms for most of the time on my old HTC. I'm just sticking to stock while I can still get updates; as soon as OnePlus stock updating, I'm switching to a custom rom

stop*

Are there any improvements in input and audio latency on customs roms when compared to stock? I might switch to LOS16 on my V30 in a couple of weeks.

stock oxygen OS for 1+5t. I consider it a custom ROM because it's buggy enough to need the min frequencies bumped up otherwise it doesn't wake from sleep

I want to try lineageOS, whats the best (in terms of drivers/less bugs etc) phone cheaper than 300 USD for that? I can raise my budget but really would not like to do that.

I've not had that issue desu, there were some random crashes but they've been fixed with the last few builds

it fucking sucks balls on moto g4plus, reboots at least once a day out of spite.

>XA2 with lineageos/microg
Cheap, comfy and google free

Redmi 5 Plus running Xiaomi.eu ROM. It's basically stock MIUI, but with the ads removed and some extra mods. And more frequent updates too.

Recommend me a custom Rom for the Xiaomi Redmeme 4 Prime with support for chinese gaymus.

Using a mod of LineageOS called FireHound

> factory rom
> 4.4

Yeah you should definitely upgrade. Not just for security patches but old TouchWiz versions are absolute garbage.

LineageOS is a good bet. What's your modem number?

>modem number

I'm retarded.
s/modem/model/

Redmi Note 4 with Xiaomi.eu ROM. I wanted to try a Pie ROM but I cannot trust the Indians at XDA and this ROM I installed already locked my TWRP recovery with some encryption error...

OP here, I got Paranoid Android running on my Redmi 4 Prime. Pretty neat

the main reason i dont root my phone is because i dont know what i can do with it.

like you can pirate apps or something?

Attached: 1a4a454ea2e3f676f7a1038e9ca39035.jpg (320x320, 23K)

NLOS 15.1 with microG on my OnePlus 3T. NLOS is just an aftermarket Lineage build with signature spoofing and Substratum support built in.

What do I use on my Redmi Note 3 Pro after LineageOS dropped support for it? It still feels like new since I changed its battery and I think I'll keep using it for at least another year.

Advanced features of some apps require root, with some apps requiring root period. Also look into Xposed framework.

Nokia 8 stock, no roms available and stock Pie is great

No ROMs exist for my phone, so I'm going stock with root.

When's the official LineageOS 15.1 build going to be released for the Samsung S6?

Attached: 1528462120247.jpg (255x176, 6K)

Lineage with MicroG.

community port of Sailfish OS on OnePlus X

Attached: file.png (1080x1920, 1.05M)

>Buy new redmeme note 5 (this was a couple months ago)
>decide to wait on the warranty before doing anything since I'm having rotten luck with electronics lately
>MIUI 10 comes along
>well this doesnt look so bad
>try fullscreen gestures
>holy shit this is amazing
>wonder if there's anything like it on ROMland
>apparently only 1 pajeet trying to do a clone and works like shit
help.
Also, MIUI isn't half bad all things considered, and you can just flatten the ugly bumps with root, so dunno, might stay on this shit.

Attached: 1529015874947.jpg (500x748, 85K)

If you really love Nougat (which is probably the best choice for this phone) you can find unofficial rom based on the last relased build with newer security patches on xda.
If you don't then you can try AospExtended based on Pie.

Is that actually daily driver material?

Oneplus 5 AOKP

MIUI's battery saving is ridiculous

it causes some small isisues with keeping apps alive but it's worth the battery liife

Essential Phone, LineageOS 16.0, custom kernel I made myself

Moto G5+, MSM Xtended 8.1. Surprisingly stable, a few glitches with silent mode and the screen every now and then which are solved by a reboot. Wanted to mod the camera because the stock module gimps the hardware (combines pixels, over sharpens).
Sad that there's no maintainer for the G5+ 9.0 rom. Maybe someone will pick it up again in the future. Maybe.

I am running Resurrection Remix 8.1 Oreo ROM with undervolted EAS kernel on LG V20.
Fells good so far.

Attached: Screenshot_20181225-222251_Настройки.png (1440x2720, 230K)

Resurrection Remix 8.1 on LG G5, stock kernel because all the custom ones are garbage. Only wish it was more stable.

So, why does Lineage and AOKP reboot the phone when I try to encrypt it?

Saw MIUI 9 (i believe?) on my dad's device, ffucking wow, looks so nice. Anyone know if there a way to put it on my shitty samsung galaxy s8?

XA2 doesn't work properly with TWRP so I can't easily put anything on it, which is frustrating.

G4 play (backup phone) is running LOS 14.1 with Squid kernel. Lacking in features obviously, but it's perfectly stable and insanely fast for such a low-power phone.

>mi a1
>lineageos 15.1

Just found out that
>/system/bin/sh: vdc: not found
Where do I get vdc from?

Aren't there MIUI ports for basically everything? I remember the moto G4 had some.

Have you tried gamma kernel for g5 los15.1-based roms?
That is a tuned EAS kernel with GPU undervolting.

Its gt-i9505, official updates for it have stopped coming long ago.

Yeah, it made my phone more unstable and there's an issue with the newest one where the charging indicator is stuck at 50%. Honestly it wouldn't be such an issue if I wasn't applying for jobs now and I didn't need my phone to be 100% stable.

samsung galaxy s3 mini
lineageos 13.0 (android 6.0.1)
stock kernel

yes very stable but no Android app support, so you are limited to native apps

OP3 LineageOS, no gApps, magisk, stock kernel.

>moto G6 plus is too expensive for pajeets so there's no pajeets to port LOS onto it
fuck my life, worse than that is, it didn't even get released in NA so I can't even hope that a mutt with too much time on his hands gets one.

Z5 Compact with LineageOS 14.1 and Magisk.
I'll upgrade to the XZ1 Compact whenever it gets official lineage i guess

Attached: ss.png (720x1280, 88K)

I'm pretty happy with low-end moto phones, lineage gives me updated and safe system software that can run every app I use, if I replace a phone is only for hardware problems nowadays
lineageos worked perfectly on e/e2/g4 play (current one, hundreds of hours of uptime, I reboot once a month just for backing up and upgrading los)
a coworker was happy with his moto x so I think los support is good for motorola smartphone, just check the supported devices and buy one

>Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
>LineageOS 16
>The one included with it
Maximum comfiness, MIUI is spyware, cancer, bloat

for starters backups and an adblocker without abusing VPNs

Android with manufacturer bloat on the wagie phone, and something else on other phones.

You lose the shackles Google put on your ankles.

>Xiaomi Mi A1
>AOSP Extended 6.1 (android 9)
>Stock AOSP Extended kernel

Pocophone
LineageOS 16
Franco Kernel with the app that autofkashes updates
I underclocked the CPU and tweaked other stuff and the last time I charged the battery it was the 21st and I still have 20% left

just installed lineage 14.1 on tab s 10.1. was on a 5.0 rom before. haven't noticed many changes

Can i put this on my chink phone (p20 pro)

i havn't used any custom roms since my galaxy s2

miui is fine despite what some memelords say

I'm using Syberia on my redmeme note 4x , but I'm thinking of installing miui

Isn't switching to MIUI a pain in the ass? And why would you go full botnet?

>Isn't switching to MIUI a pain in the ass?
Not on a fucking xiaomi phone u tard

It's like installing another stock rom via fastboot, also Android already is full botnet

lineage on my LGG6
I'm still mourning over my dead riced out nexus 5 so I haven't started ricing it at all, me not caring about phones doesn't help either.

Lineage 16 on my galaxy tab a 10.1
Stock rooted on my mi a1

Still waiting for Lineage on OP6.

Attached: 1543072302886.png (575x1024, 1.42M)

Install
download both zip files one is rom and the other is vendor
save mirum rom zip file in internal or external storage
extract mirum vendor with winrar or winzip or 7zip you'll get MiRum_Vendor folder
now move MiRum_Vendor folder to TWRP > BACKUPS > Redmi _3S folder if such folders aren't available then create same as above one inside another
now flash twrp given in first page post
wipe data, dalvik, system, cache, vendor
now flash mi rum zip file
now go to restore and restore mi room vendor folder
reboot n enjoy

Lineage on a Redmi 5 Plus.

Comfy.

What can I run on a pixel 2. I'm close to smashing it.

Paranoid Android 7.1.2 on Redmi 4 Prime, don't need to upgrade. This rom is amazing and I'm getting 15 hours of SOT

Dumb question, but how easy is it to brick your phone when you install custom ROMs?

Attached: 1492967314507.jpg (500x493, 90K)

depends on the phone. most can soft brick and still be fixed

it was easy back then in 2013
now it's impossible

lineageoslog.com/14.1/kenzo

Noticed I haven't been getting any updates for my Redmi Note 3 in a while.

What rom should I install now?

Pixel 2 XL

Stock Android because pajeet shitware isn't appealing to me.

I used unofficial Lineage 13.0 buildz with SecureRadon kernel, it had the best battery life of any ROMs i've tried.

>Huawei
You are fucked as new huawei have no real way of unlocking bootloader anymore

Oneplus 5
Jaguar Rom 8.1 / microG
Jaguar kernel

Security oriented rom, tons of security implementations, like it a lot.

Used LOS 15.1 on my Galaxy S5 but the camera was shit due to proprietary drivers apparently and battery life slightly worse so I am back on stock

download.lineageos.org/jfltexx

Enjoy the chink government spyware.

Still better than mutt government spyware.

Thanks, user.

>pajeet shitware isn't appealing to me
>uses stock rom full of useless googlel's pajeet shitware
based retard

I leave Clover open for an hour and it doesn't die. Probably because I only leave 3-4 apps open at a time.
You can manually change the battery-saving setting for each individual app as far as I know.

Or you could've bought a phone which isn't as lockef down as Huawei.

But it's not official for Vince, how stable is it? 15? 16?

What is the best custom ROM for Leeco Le 2 ?

aospextended 6.1 hacked up to fuck by russians

not out of choice, just due to lack of rom availability.

crdroid is pajeet tier
prove me wrong

Rn4
Lineage 15.1 because is the only ROM that's comes pre-rooted

Whyred with liquid remix, used los but support dropped