Can I still make it on my i5 3570k?

I bought this thing back in 2012 and it has been holding strong for a long time. For some reason I started looking into new hardware and got me wondering if it was absolutely necessary for me to even replace it. Right now I am running a Nvidia 970 and was wondering if I should just replace that or if it was time for an entire new rig.

Attached: 30yearoldavacado.jpg (640x629, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QAoisKyQyFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you stupid?

Answer the question shitskin.

>don't specify what you're using your computer for
>sperg out when people call you a retard for asking a retarded question

Yes because Normans use K model processors all the time for watching netflix... What the fuck do you think I am using it for?

I am obviously using it for gaming. Thus far I have had no issues playing everything on high as I have overclocked the CPU to 4.2 Ghz. The only game which gives me marginal issues is Kingdom Come Deliverance. I am unable to tell if it that is a result of poor optimization or a CPU or GPU bottleneck.

>Thus far I have had no issues playing everything on high
then why the fuck do you want to buy shit you don't need, dumb goy

>The only game which gives me marginal issues is Kingdom Come Deliverance

hurrrrrr

>Kingdom Cuck Deliverance
that game runs on shit with high end hardware, you're fine.

So which do you think is my bottleneck? CPU or GPU?

Motherboard.

Also still on my 3570K, but with a 770.

Waiting for Zen 2.

No.
I was in the same boat and you need an entire new rig.

Are their big advancements coming which I should wait for?

>For some reason I started looking into new hardware
>For some reason
lol he is falling for the algorythms

It's the CPU. I had terrible stutter in the cities like rattay on a 2500k 4.5ghz, replaced it with a 3770k and low and behold no stutter.

Just open task manager and see all your cores pegged at 100%. It's not the only game that maxes out 4 thread cpus.

3770k was just a stop gap for me for the last year, I'm replacing with a 3600x when they release.

Just check this out, it's not even in the bigger cities and the Xeon is like 3.4ghz.

youtu.be/QAoisKyQyFs

I know I am a newb but if the Xeon is 3.4ghz why is it performing better than the i5? The 8 cores?

My mobo is a LGA 1155 is there a better CPU I can get on that socket or is it just too outdated?

3550 here.
Just Waitâ„¢ ing for the 3600 like this user

If I theoretically did upgrade to a 3770k how long do you think that would hold me over? If I can squeeze another 2-3 years out of this rig on that it might be worth it. I am just shocked how long this thing has lasted to begin with.

>I am obviously using it for gaming
Could be using it for about a thousand other things you /v/tard. If you arent having problems dont replace the hardware you thick skulled retard.

Yes the 8 threads really help in CPU intensive games

No need to buy anything. Just install Gentoo.

Same setup here !

What socket will that go on? Clearly my 1155 isnt going to cut it.