Watch 4 hour long "learn python" video

>watch 4 hour long "learn python" video
>it's like the most basic syntax
>"Woah isn't this cool?"
> no it's literally not cool and the fake enthusiasm makes me not want to go further
>45 minutes in and he's still talking about fucking strings
>thinks variable.upper is something to talk about for more than 10 seconds, talks about it for probably 5 minutes

Attached: 9e1.png (200x161, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kSKeWH4TY9Y
youtu.be/Hvx4xXhZMrU
docs.python.org/3/
docs.python.org/3/tutorial/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that's why I never recommend youtube videos (with very few hand-picked exceptions)

He is probably a oldschool/office BASIC programmer. Judging from most of those dialects proper string functions must mean an eighth world wonder to them.
This, so very much.

It's free content. Take it or leave it.

>watching videos to learn anything
Are you too fucking stupid to read documentation or something?

print("Hello World!")
Am I a programmer yet?

>needing to watch a video to learn python

i was going to tell you that not until you learned to put semicolon after each statement but then i remembered we were talking about python
you aight white boi, you're now ready to hack the world

watching video
not speed up to 1.5x
brainletzoomer.jpg

>watch NES programming series for 6502 assembly
>each episode is like 30 minutes of him coughing and googling shit
>50+ episodes later he barely has a single sprite on vertical scroll screen and its fucking choking at less than 60fps
And this isnt even the worst. Why do so many people who cant program make youtube videos to teach others something they dont know themselves? Real answer, if they knew programming they would have jobs and not waste their time on shitty youtube.

delet this

I never got the idea of watching videos to learn a programming language.
Sure, you can watch videos which explain some algorithm or the theory behind a concept. But to learn the syntax of a language? Why would you do this? It sounds really tedious.

If you know enough about programming to write what you said, you shouldn't be watching such videos anyway.

The library is full of free content

Bisqwit is quite cool to watch

youtu.be/kSKeWH4TY9Y
youtu.be/Hvx4xXhZMrU

The GDC one is pretty deep, the shorter one is much more approachable. Both are fantastic.

>mfw I watched that video as well thinking "well I guess I'll just thought it out and be good at python"

Attached: vlcsnap2018091219h48m30s776.png (960x540, 431K)

csdojo is the only consistently good learning tool on youtube

>csdojo
good shout user

shut up csdojo

Reading is boring, I like having content beamed directly into my brain

reading is the only way to go after you learn the basic syntax, videos are only for explaining or giving you a foot in the door to abstract concepts in cs

I learn better by doing watching it done than Reading. Videos are what taught me c++ it's not bad just not your learning style

>watch video for people who know nothing about programming
>get mad when taught things people who know nothing about programming dont know
user if you know anything about programming you don't need a video tutorial to learn python

so, leave it, definitely. Not only it's free, it's also trash content

2.0x masterrace

So on the topic, what is the best way to learn Python 3? I've been trying to find tutorials that go straight into teaching concepts through projects so I don't have to sit through a 5 minute lecture on strings, then him repeating what he just said for another 5 minutes to reiterate like I didn't get it the first time.

I like to be thrown in the deep end when I learn

Attached: sips.png (1172x675, 32K)

Do codeabbey.com

nothing in python is "basic", it's a high-level language with strong abstractions. what python can do with strings so easily should not be taken for granted and it is cool, fuck you nigger

docs.python.org/3/
getting used to read python docs is something you'll have to eventually if you want to write python code, so why not start there with the tutorial right away?

Spend $20 or so on a book, probably.

t. sentdex

If you already have some programming experience the official tutorial ( docs.python.org/3/tutorial/ ) does a good job of going through the entire language. It strikes a good balance of going into some details of each feature (which I have often found to be lacking in, e.g. youtube videos) without delving into the intricacies.

It's just because you only look for the amateur stuff. Google knows you're shit so they point you where the other newbies went.

I'd tell you what I watch occasionally but I don't want more recommendations pollution.

then read a book you stupid fucking imbecile

learn C to make angry

Attached: dell-latitude-e6400-top.jpg (800x800, 37K)

obligatory

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 16.55.43.png (1369x217, 130K)

OP's comment was free content. Take it or leave it.

Attached: discombobulated, retard, homer, simpsons.jpg (145x166, 4K)

> watch programming video
> Apu
We both know you're retarded.

literally proven that some people learn better by listening to a professor or watching videos
some other people learn better by reading books

if you like reading books so much, then read more because you sound like a retard

Delet