Would you buy an ARM laptop?

Would you buy an ARM laptop?

Attached: snapdragon-8cx-prezentacja-1420x670.jpg (1420x670, 127K)

>what is a Chromebook?

no

yes

Attached: reform-beta3-halved (1).jpg (1231x848, 522K)

Literal botnet computer

>puts RasPi in lap

Attached: Pepe_pls.png (499x499, 203K)

>proprietary interfaces everywhere
no

no but i would buy a risc-v laptop
risc-v thinkpads fucking when

Nvidia Arm yes

Never.

>chromeos != chromebook
Samsung Chromebook Plus with ArchLinuxARM
pcomfy desu

If it had a Trackpoint and could run Linux, sure, why not? Won't miss out on any software.

yes but only if it costs less than £95. ideally I'd like a raspberry pi 3b+ based laptop but all the commercial pi laptop kits are ridiculously expensive, even more expensive than buying a shitty braswell celeron n laptop that would probably be faster and have more RAM.

Would you buy phallic shaped, shit flavored hardened-cum lolipop?

Depends on
OS/software support
Speed

If it can btfo an i5 U whilst saving battery life, I would

>costs less than £95
that is literally impossible

I would rather have intel inside ™.
It's just more convenient.

Yes. Why do you even have to ask?

Already did, it's okay. Much shit doesn't run but also there's no libre video drivers so lots of shit that runs doesn't run usably. All in all a good portable terminal (unironically).

>1
Put like 6 in there, honestly might do that.

No

Unlike x86/86_64 based cpus, after using ARMs for 5 years now, I still don't know how to compare them performance-wise.

>Chinky brands with crazy ass numbering, Snapdragon with model names that don't make much sense, apple/samsung etc special snowflake SoCs, any probably even more stuff Idk.

Therefore, ARM cpus are to be considered normie - normies don't care to compare specs and performance.

Pinebook

>If it can btfo an i5 U whilst saving battery life, I would

my phone is fucking faster that i5 for internet stuff, including hd videos etc, got 12 cores arm.

If it was cheap enough sure. Dual boot some flavor of linux and android

not yet
a couple more years and they'll be pretty useful
improving faster than I thought they would

I think you mean POWER ThinkPads when.

It would have to be like $300 USD.

Only with a soup to nuts Free Software stack. Initial loader, GPU drivers, everything.

Sure why not.
Would prefer for a powerpc one though.

If it's not as botnet or at least as botnet as x86, sure. My guess it will probably be some locked bootloader Chromebook or some other horseshit crap though. That or it will require a million out of tree, nonfree, lkm's for some ancient kernel version.

If that's the case, fuck no. I don't need a shitty Android-like laptop.

I'd consider it. I'm hoping my next laptop will be PowerPC, although I may just build a MIPS one with an SBC instead.

20 years ago. Well, PowerPC, but close enough

They already have all your info, stop resisting.

The hell?
PowerPC was electricity hungry mess.
Why would you want to use it?

It's still in use in low power SoCs. There's a project that just started a donation campaign to manufacture the motherboard.
powerpc-notebook.org

I've always seen it as vaporware just to not get my hopes up but now they've got completed schematics so hopefully this PCB campaign goes alright.

It's one of those who fap over obsolete CPU architectures. There's even people "developing" 68k architecture with a dream of somehow having it produced and used in a modern computer.

No, ARM is a shit ISA.
I would buy MIPS, or RISC-V, or POWER for desktop.

>Chrome
Why does everybody use that placebo piece of shit? There's so many to choose from and they behave identically.