So, what is actually the great thing about Windows GUI?

It's not only the GUI but the combination of GUI + directory structure.

So simple.

Every hdd/ssd/usb attached media/ has a drive letter given to it.

You see in very simple terms when you move your directory of 20GB of stuff into another drive letter which is for example your USB attached media.

And the file explorer which allows the file transfers is so simple to use.

Last but not least: go to "my computer" hit F3 and do a file search, it will search ALL MEDIA DEVICES connected into your computer for filenames you just wrote to the search field.

Yes you could probably do some of this in Linux but Linux wont give you all the mentioned stuff.

>no letters attached to medias so you dont know for certainty what it is

>no simple F3 search through all media

Attached: explorer.png (800x600, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Microsoft/winfile
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's made by a company with a lot of money to pay good engineers, and linux doesn't have any of that so it sucks

theres nothing stopping you from recreating such thing. create my pc folder somewhere in linux filesystem and mounnt different medias as different letters inside it. can windows recreate linux mount? no because its a shit os for retards

what if I want to search with f10 and name my drive op_a_fag
can it do this? linux can do this

>no letters attached to medias so you dont know for certainty what it is
that's because the UNIX-like directory structure is not based on drives, it's based on mount points. Because really, drives don't matter.

Example, my media drive is mounted as /media in the root of the file system.

I could mount another drive anywhere in the system. Another physical drive could be used for /home/user/VM_hard_disks since it would need a lot of space. There's no reason to know it's on a different disk, but only where it is in the structure of your filesystem.

from the file system, type "df -h" and it will show each disk and how much space is used out of its total.

true but it shouldnt be too hard to improve Linux GUI, it seems the programmers are brilliant in coding but terrible in GUI design

They don't want it to be good. They want their secret club OS that is annoying to use. This is why no Linux distribution has a good GUI. They could just copy windows and macos, combining the best parts of both, but they don't want that.

>drive letters
They're partition letters.

>It's not only the GUI but the combination of GUI + directory structure.
Yes, it has a VMS style, not a Unix style.
>Every hdd/ssd/usb attached media/ has a drive letter given to it.
That's the default, but not required. Configurability!
>And the file explorer which allows the file transfers is so simple to use.
Hell, any Windows file manager is light-years ahead of Linux file managers. MS had this downpat in 1993: github.com/Microsoft/winfile
>Last but not least: go to "my computer" hit F3 and do a file search, it will search ALL MEDIA DEVICES connected into your computer for filenames you just wrote to the search field.
… and you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Not something to crow about: Search has been crap since Vista. Not something you can't fix with a 250KB third-party search program, though.

On Windows 10, I'll place mpv/torrent client on top of a browser window, after which I just clickhold any link and drag it directly to mpv/client, and it starts whatever it's supposed to do.
I can also clickhold any pictures from browsers and save it direct to any folders, just by dragging.
gnome, XFCE, cinnamon etc. simply can't do the same.

exactly

BEST PARTS ACCORDING TO FUCKING WHOM

you absolute dipshit

>another freetard throws meme tantrum like a 5yo

Attached: 1541140137124.jpg (618x679, 30K)

>They could just copy windows and macos
RedStarOS copied the macos ui

>>Last but not least: go to "my computer" hit F3 and do a file search, it will search ALL MEDIA DEVICES connected into your computer for filenames you just wrote to the search field.
>… and you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Not something to crow about: Search has been crap since Vista...
Windows GUI file system search is a terrible experience, usually a linux-esque "dir /s " is more effective

In fact, you can mount another disk's filesystem to a directory instead of using drive letters... Retard.

Been there since NT 4.0.
Microsoft put it there specifically to prove what a useless fucktard you, and your whole family, are.

Attached: This is why everyone laughs at you, fucktard.png (380x184, 5K)

… or download any search program (I use an ancient version of Agent Ransack) in one second. Nice (if busy) GUI, PCRE support, and preview pane.

Funny enough this is actually required if for some reason you run out of letters to give to drives

Yes, on your computer you are op so I guess it makes sense.

>its crap
What's wrong with windows search?
-besides no "full regexp" in the gui but instead pattern matching and aqs.
-ignoring the command line facilities

kde can do both of these things

>Every hdd/ssd/usb attached media/ has a drive letter given to it.
Drive letters are an inelegant meme and Linux file managers can display a list of your attached devices just fine.

>And the file explorer which allows the file transfers is so simple to use.
You've probably never used Linux and just assuming its file managers are hard to use.

>go to "my computer" hit F3 and do a file search, it will search ALL MEDIA DEVICES connected into your computer
Damn. Imagine what it would be like if Linux had a file system where everything is mounted somewhere under a certain directory so you could just automatically search all mounted devices by searching this directory.

Attached: file.png (169x136, 8K)

>RedStarOS

Implying this is a FOSS and secure distro.

Do you have something to hide from Uncle Kim?

What do you consider good? All the ux crap pushed on us these days?

I just want to be able to connect my PC to the internet outside that ching chong regime

Attached: 1530173315077.jpg (633x640, 51K)

This is why Windows is used by adults with jobs.

Why are you lying?

Attached: out.webm (640x360, 301K)

This

Drive letters are retarded meme from DOS days and largely pointless. Linux can just list the drives without having to assign a letter to them

>>no letters attached to medias so you dont know for certainty what it is
/dev/sd(LETTER)

>NTDev
>Pajeet

Pick one. Majority of the people still working on the core (not UI) are not Indians.

Holy shit that looks terrible. How are Microsoft pajeets able to make something better than that?

They use friendly names for drives, everything's actually \device\HardDiskVolume0 or \\PhysicalDrive0\

Aesthetics are irrevelant to that post. It shows that you can simply drag and drop, contrary to what the other poster says.

Just curious, if you know or not, is there a path to get to a disk with a specific UUID?

>someone's been playing with an NT Ob browser

Attached: 1544173895213.gif (387x248, 1M)

\\?\Volume{baadf00d-feed-abba-beef-deadcafed00d}\

Windows 10 is merely a black bar at the bottom of the screen filled with illspaced flatshit-icons and monocolred window frames without shadows. The menu looks like some cheap airport "info-point" shit.
Get used to different systems and soon you'll realize how shitty Windows and MacOS are looking.

I am on i3wm and I'm as comfy now as I was on WinXP with the classic theming.

Directory structures, in order of best to worst:

1. Gobo Linux
2. macOS
3. Windows
4. Conventional Linux

Conventional Linux is ugly and confusing. Apologists frick off, you know I’m right.

Windows gets some things right such as putting applications in their own directory but drive letters are an ugly relic from MS-DOS.

macOS is closer to good but introduces some fuckery of its own

Gobo Linux has by far the best directory structure. It’s a shame it never took off because it makes system admin a breeze.

Chrome is nothing but a tab bar and an omnibar. A UI that destroyed every other browser on the planet.
A desktop OS UI should not take up 90% of your workspace with Fisher-Price icons.

Might as well mount a Windows VM. Might as well install a real OS. Dumbass