There is literally nothing wrong with Gnome 3 if you are using a computer from this decade and not some old crusty 20...

There is literally nothing wrong with Gnome 3 if you are using a computer from this decade and not some old crusty 20 year old think pad.
Its a slick, modern and innovative interface that looks good and functions well.

Attached: activities-overview-applications-420x236.png (420x236, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client-Side_Decoration
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is unlimited RAM a thing? no? then fuck off with your crap that needs 3rd party extensions to have basic functionality.

Attached: 1506173125099.png (3125x4420, 865K)

the memory leak has been fixed a long time ago, stop with this forced meme

Attached: fedora-29-2.png (1280x800, 1.75M)

It looks like shit, and client-side decorations are a fucking meme. It's sad because GNOME was great in 2006.

Attached: kitty.jpg (500x351, 59K)

>420x236

It looks pretty slick desu.

Attached: fedora-29-1.png (1366x768, 1.44M)

>client-side decorations
what is it ?

>tablet UI

>shit customization
>muh macos-like icons
>muh macos-like wallpaper
>shit usability in apps with big touch-focused buttons in window decorations
Sorry pal I am sure it fits your workflow well and I don't mean to trash someone else's favorite colours but it does not cut it for me.

Kde is far ahead on almost all fronts.
The only thing that I can see that looks elegant from pictures is the calendar, and that really sucks on kde.

Hello there ol' chum

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client-Side_Decoration

>computers have gotten 10% faster over the past few years, so my program needs to become 10% less efficient in order to catch up

>literal macfag desktop
>asshole devs
>runs on javascript
>every update removes features and breaks compatibility
Literally CuckDE

Attached: 1543084553926-g.jpg (1170x836, 298K)

yall realize that x and wm/de are all bloat, right?
yall know what a multiplexer is, right?

>multiplexer
yeah, who needs a DE when you have pic related

Attached: file.png (420x311, 33K)

>Imblygin

How come it lags on my system with 32GB of RAM, AMD graphics?
It also lags on my W520 with 16GB, Intel graphics, it lags on my X230 with 8GB, Intel graphics, it lags on a desktop with 6GB and NVIDIA card
It literally lags on anything, I have tried it on several hardware configurations and I would even use Windows 10 LTSB everyday over any distro running poognome
Also its ugly and shit to use

I was about to say this but then I realized that 3.30.2 does not lag on my T430 anymore. What version are you running?

>shit customization
there are lot's of themes and extensions i bet they cover most of your needs for customization.
But the application/file search function is what i like the most: fast and accurate. This improves my workflow more than anything

There's nothing wrong with gnome 3 if you are using a device with touch input only. It's shit for normal computers.

I'll try it again eventually, cheers

I'm not a hater at all, usually I can see the reasoning behind things from the other side, but in the case of GNOME (and systemd) its purely egoistical shit from the developers, braindead anti-commonsense decisions everywhere that SHOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN INTO MAINLINE DISTROS!!!!
>Bugged-ass crap that doesn't get fixed, instead they introduce a new abstraction layer that hides the bugs until someones configuration slightly different than the default breaks. Then in the ticket they close with WONTFIX, its by design lel
>"Features" nobody asked for that nobody but themselves want (see taking 20% of screen space in bars)
I could go on forever but my sanity is worth more...

Why do you fucking cunts ALWAYS HAVE THAT STICKY FOREHEAD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>client-side decorations
I hate this garbage.

what's the dock called?

Looks like Dash to Dock, a GNOME Shell extension. It's the #1 extension I install on any fresh Linux system.

Attached: Zrzut ekranu z 2018-12-26 00-50-04.png (779x138, 191K)

Fuck off, Red Hat shill

Attached: GNOME user.gif (320x240, 1.84M)

Reminder that GNOMEniggers now deny pic related ever happened

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-21 GNOME - Wikipedia.png (249x238, 32K)

Attached: GNOME.png (800x600, 397K)

Reminder that Gnomefags want to make the file picker even worse than it currently is

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-03 Redesign the file selection dialog (#1239) · Issues · GNOME gtk.png (1460x994, 134K)

You want to use themes? FUCK YOU.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-21 GNOME (et al) Rotting In Threes.png (1076x3648, 457K)

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-23 I can't keep it in anymore -- GNOME 3 sucks.png (1564x995, 144K)

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-24 Umm, GNOME Shell Has a Rather Big Memory Leak - OMG Ubuntu .png (794x2246, 522K)

>3.26
Install Gentoo, shit stain.

I did. But I bet you didn't.

Attached: GNOME must suck.png (716x640, 114K)

Fuck you, it's a tablet OS.

No. its a Mac ripoff.

No features.

Extensions

Bloat.

Just tried gn*me on wayland and it's way better than it used to be, but it needs a few plugins to become usable

Used it.
>Clicking on icons are minimized
>Window buttons are in the wrong place
>Shitty bloated attempt at a start button that can't be customized or have things ordered the way you want.
>More hardware intensive
>Filepicker thumbnails are the size of fucking favicons. e.g. completely worthless.
>Can't remove or resize that gigantic retarded black bar at the top that up so much vertical space
>Looks like an android interface
>Need to install 3rd party extensions to get feature parity with other DE's

KDE Plasma > XFCE > Everything else > Steaming cow turd > Gnome 3

Attached: 1545316221511.jpg (1200x675, 74K)

>Not I3
yuck

>Filepicker thumbnails are the size of fucking favicons. e.g. completely worthless.
Install gentoo

Attached: 2018-12-24-153208_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.07M)

gnome is gross and slow.

>you guys think gnome is bad because you have shit computers
Try, we just think it sucks when working as intended.