Does KDE actually krash, or is it a meme...

Does KDE actually krash, or is it a meme? Using a tiling wm and want to know what I am getting myself into before I compile it.

Attached: preview (1).png (1920x1080, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ocsmag.com/2018/02/16/plasma-the-road-to-perfection-is-paved-with-bugs/
dedoimedo.com/computers/opensuse-leap-15.html
github.com/PapirusDevelopmentTeam/adapta-kde
github.com/alex47/BreezeBlurred
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It used to be a bit unstable which is where the meme came from, but I have been using it for years and the last 12 months I haven't had any issues.
Using a somewhat customised Manjaro install.

It's pretty stable for me on gentoo using the stable ebuildö

Only have issues with opening two instances of Spectacle where the whole DE will freeze up for like five minutes, other than that it's fine.
I just use Gnome with Dash to Panel anyways. Can't stand the way Qt apps look.

ocsmag.com/2018/02/16/plasma-the-road-to-perfection-is-paved-with-bugs/

Nothing wrong with it on my end
Just watch out for discover

Attached: 64AEF72A-D2BA-4A2D-B725-B7405951AF80.png (1920x1080, 3.24M)

dedoimedo.com/computers/opensuse-leap-15.html

you will find any way to sneak in your desktop, won't ya

why does anyone use desktop environments

It used to be hilariously unstable but nowadays it's fine.

Attached: 72567230-CC87-40CA-A252-FE628B34F8CB.png (118x139, 28K)

He's worse than the blur fag.

I've had much more problems using mint with cinnamon than with kde, so here's that

If we're thinking of the same blur fag then he's the guy that made the blur. That's perfectly fine in my book.

halt die fresse du mossad agent

May have been true at one point, but not now. It might depend on the distro, but I've been using KDE Neon for a while now which is as bleeding-edge as it gets for Plasma, and it never has problems.

Does it come ootb like this?

Unfortunately not.

nope

Damn, KDE looks like THAT now? 2019 may actually be the year of the Linux desktop.

Do you know which theme was used?

KDE got a bad rep for releasing KDE4 before it was ready, it crashed constantly and was barely usable. This was years ago, it's all been fixed, I've been using it for a couple of years with no problems

Is it worth dumping KWin for another window manager?

no not even for tiling there are kwin scripts that emulate tiling well enough

Adapta KDE
github.com/PapirusDevelopmentTeam/adapta-kde

That’s the problem with KDE. There are extremely nice themes like OPs out there, but they deliberately choose one that looks like a horse’s ass, and it takes fucking forever to make it look clean and pretty.

It's a nice theme for you. Dark themes are generally not easy on the eyes, specially in the shitty screens people are used to use. KDE's stock white theme is basically a clone of Win10's appearence.

Breeze looks fine. The only thing I'd change about it is the title bar.

I've been using KDE for about 3 months, and it has crashed literally zero times. Keep in mind, this is on fucking Kubuntu.

Depends more on graphics card these days, I disable the desktop compositor and it's fine.

There are always weird issues with Nvidia proprietary drivers, but that's nvidia's fault for refusing to follow the same standards as Intel and Radeon.

It's very stable. It feels like ass at first, but after some customization + yakuake + kvantum + a decent screenshot utility, it's the most comfy desktop experience possible on free software.

how do I make my kde look like this? I can't find the theme anywhere.

Attached: 1543502795873.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

It's not stable but but it's usable, every other weeks you`ll find a bug or another, sometimes some crap that literally kills your memory/cpu like broken kactivities wal db or baloo acting like a jerk on some random file, other times it's just a weird behavior or temporary bugs like dolphin spacing and etc.

If you don't have time to solve crap like that from time to time, stick to XFCE.

I frickin' love that theme!

Awesome, thank you

can you make it look like anything else than flatshit though
all the screenshots ive seen look the same

KIO is still fucked, cannot use native KDE file browser until they fix this.

>If we're thinking of the same blur fag then he's the guy that made the blur. That's perfectly fine in my book.

Attached: 1690289850116dad426f2620a5401ede.jpg (600x454, 22K)

That looks fucking hot

>Does KDE actually krash, or is it a meme?
It's a meme.

It used to be a bit unstable on Kubuntu/Neon for me, but I fell for the Manjaro meme and it's rock solid.

huh

Attached: 1544914792493.png (1920x1080, 3.79M)

At least it doesn't jCrashFactory.New or gDoCrash or iMcCrash

KDE is bloat.

Attached: 2018-12-26-120241_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

I've stopped getting crashes since 18.04. Still not as polished as it should be. But it's impressive how far it has come with probably 10% of the effort that gets spent on Gnome, while supporting 1000% the functionality. What KDE needs is more love by the community.

Until they fix what exactly?

>single click opens folder
its still shit

>7700hq
>quadro gpu
>16gb ram
I'm sure your CAD workstation laptop can handle any DE you throw at it
you don't have to worry about bloat

It used to krash in settings menu but it seems like they fixed all those issues all of sudden, it works good now.

github.com/alex47/BreezeBlurred
Literaly 10s in google, how retarded cab you be?

That's just the titlebars though

blur is bloat

Bloat is a meme.
Comfy is the only metric that matters.

wallpapers are bloat

Tried opensuse two months ago which apparently has the best KDE implementation and found few bugs IMMEDIATELY.

>What KDE needs is more love
I'm ready to make love to Konqi

Attached: konqi.png (495x599, 86K)

Konqi is not for lewds!

You can replace kwin with I or something and maintain the best features of the DE while having a tiling wm. Can probably get bspwm working with it too.

I had it krash when I tried it a few months ago.

This is some fucking eye-bleeding.

There is nothing lewd about sincere love between a grown man and a cartoon dragon shota.

>69068412
baloo file indexer segfaults on startup 90% of the time and sometimes when you click shutdown or restart it crashes and you have to open a terminal and shutdown that way

but other than those two things its pretty based and never crashes or freezes in the middle of normal usage. its the best full de by far

So set it to double click then.

>Literaly 10s in google
as oposed to figuratively 10 seconds?

underage turds should fuck off back to 9gag

openSUSE as a KDE distro is deprecated. Use Neon, or even Fedora KDE

Do they even have thumbnails in the KDE file picker for Firefox? Because SUSE does...

On Fedora you can export GTK_USE_PORTAL=1 and Firefox will use KDE dialogs, don't know about Neon. But don't do that to Thunderbird (it segfaults).

RedHat drops KDE to fully support gnome and xfce (or whatever second option they have). So i wouldn't expect kde be good on fedora.