*inhales*

*inhales*
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1518867302735.png (674x794, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zy6w1ll16G0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In before Satania

>he buys Apple products

Yikes!

"MACS ARE THE ULTIMATE CODING PLATFORM, YOU CAN RUN MAC OS, AND LINUX, AND WINDOWS ALL ON ONE MACHINE WITH NO PROBLEMS"

Well, that's one argument down, now.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1517983117764.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

>YOU CAN RUN MAC OS, AND LINUX, AND WINDOWS ALL ON ONE MACHINE WITH NO PROBLEMS
that's not the reason why people prefer developing on macs.

based

>disables secure boot
Nothing personal kid

mactoddler subhumans arent people

>the hardware's preventing you from making a mistake and even attempting to run that dogshit called Linux
They're doing you a favour if you ask me. That's not a bug, that's a feature.

t. PC user

It makes sense, Linux isn't secure so you need to disable secure boot
>buys laptop with best OS and best trackpad/gesture support on the market.
>doesn't use the OS nor gestures

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1538165257486.jpg (720x480, 131K)

Inb4 you have to pay Apple for a key to allow you to boot Windows or Linux.

But it’s literally okay when apple does it

Based as fuck

Just run them on a vm or can't you afford a fully speced model?

based and redpilled

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHHAHHAAA, IMAGINE BUYING AN APPLE(R) MACBOOK(TM) TO INSTALL YOUR SHITTY INDIAN OS ON ONLY TO DISCOVER BASED APPLE(R) BTFO'D YOU AND YOUR SHITTY POO OS. ONE WORD: FUCKING BASED

Attached: 1519066792831.gif (540x540, 279K)

*never blocks your path*

Attached: 1499028820610.jpg (2448x3264, 451K)

>'YOU might want to think twice before splurging on new Apple hardware..'
MOAR news! at the top of hour folks, meanwhile, here's Tom with the weather..

>using cuckOS
>no native package manager
>no, faggot, (You) can't do anything you want with the product (You) bought
>goes back every year for the same cucking

Attached: 1449516142517.gif (367x219, 523K)

>no native package manager
excuse me, but what is the App Store? Stop letting your baby duck syndrome prevent you from using it.

has there ever in the history of pc's been a company as anti-consumerist as applel?

>developing on macs
Only faggots doing meme languages use Macs.
If you use a real language to do real stuff, you use Windows or Linux.

>what is the App Store?
Where sóyboys get their "apps." Fucking faggot, that's not a real package manager.

Just use a WM machine if you want to play with linux, that way it is easy to go back to OS Mojave.

Linux boots, just can't be installed on the storage drive. Nice false blog post.

Attached: 1425255.jpg (1200x801, 67K)

As long as refurbished business class laptops exist for $1000 less than a Mac with better specs, then who...the...fuck...cares?

>buying a laptop with a pre-jizzed on keyboard

>tfw just biding my time waiting for microshit and x86 to die off and take the steaming shitheap that is loonix with it
No more piggybacking on Uncle Bill's back for you.
Year of the Apple everything soon, and you freetards will literally be barred from entry.

Attached: 1532143420618.jpg (2272x1704, 144K)

Woah! How do you change the Thinkpad's splash screen like that?

but its successful businessmen jizz user
who else could afford to upgrade so frequently
just by touching that jizz your business should thrive via osmosis

Even if you were serious, You could buy a brand new keyboard with your real laptop and still save $950 over a fucking Mac

Probably the chip that enables a FHD screen

why install linux in that expensive crap?

Sometimes it's a choice between a Mac and some shitty Windows PC. If an XPS 13 Developer Edition is an option that's beats a Mac every time.

Seriously, this
>buy a Tesla
>wtf it won't run on whale oil!

based

based

>Tesla
>good technology

go back to le reddit

imagine being this retarded that you need to spend 3x more for a mac just to do basic things pc can do with zero effort? my fucking sides. iTODDLERS BTFO.

why did it get deleted?

this guy knows

Irl package manager

>implying Linux had shit to do with x86

cringe

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1544501841912.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

based and resurrectpilled

Hail Satan

Attached: 62001509_p0.png (568x620, 204K)

Is Satania the poster girl of Jow Forums? I thought it was Cirno. Well then again maybe its more for Jow Forums.

She's just the redpill.

based

Attached: 601.gif (500x500, 2.98M)

WTF?

pathetic

based

The bios update utility for most thinkpads provide the bios image swapper tool
do a quick google search or ask

Poor macfags, they should just buy a PC if they want Linux instead of a $tarbuck$ showpiece.

>want linux

Literally nobody

buttmad applefag mod just confirming he's BTFO

based

>Shit going down with EFIhax and cryptolocker years back
>Apple shits themselves, don't wanna be the next wannacry
>"Hey, what if we ported the secure code signing from our iOS devices to our Macs?"
>"But we don't trust intel's chips! It'd be damn near impossible"
>"Fuck them, we fab our own silicon, we don't NEED to trust the CPU anymore!"
>Meanwhile they push system integrity protection into their OS's for all existing models
>First machines with security coprocessors come out, gently, "We're using it for the touchbar and fingerprint sensor!"
>Everything goes smootely
>Push it into a pro desktop
>"It handles the drives and verifies the bootcode"
>T2 looks at the data before the main CPU, main CPU can only ever access data through the T2, Intel can go fuck themselves
>Chip only hands main CPU data if it's confident that it's secure
>Option in MacOS setting, hard mode
>"Won't boot anything other than signed OSX, can boot signed OSX from flash drive"
>Super fuck off hard mode
>"Something wrong? Flash your mac like a fucking iPhone, faggot!"
>Chance of fuckery drops to absolute zero
>Able to disable if you want so you can USB boot anything you fucking want
>Be today
>New machines with T2
>Has the option to disable verification been removed or is OP just a faggot?

>t. mactoddler

Attached: 1526199168861.png (912x639, 115K)

> He doesn't know that iCloud runs on Linux

Why would I buy a Mac and put some crusty ass distro on it? I would run that on my crusty ass stinkpad.

Attached: 9945CEE4-53B4-4C71-A49A-D634EC5F1B24.gif (250x202, 414K)

>why would i want a functioning OS instead of a fruity manchild toyOS?

how in the world did you know that?

based

Had to scroll down most of the thread, you had me worried there.

Countdown until Louis removes one the same way he removes the JTAG connectors?

I think you mean anti-consumer.

Because many unaware people buy Apple trash, by doing that that become unable to switch to gnu/linux in the future, there are also people who offer their old computers to other people who may be gnu/linux users

mods are fags and deleted the first one

This is about principle and is absolute proof that Apple doesn't give a shit about it's customers. And before you Apple fags say "but who wants Linux anyway?" The fact that Apple would take away your ability to use Linux is just controlling, dystopian and generally fucked whether you want to use it or not. And this being said I have used a Macbook Air and I liked it but this makes me not want to go anywhere near another Apple product.
>tldr imagine taking away features for no reason other than to control your customers

Micro$hit did the same thing with winblow$ 8 and up.
Then you're macfag curious.

T. Pajeet

Wrong. Microsoft followed Secure Boot requirements to the letter and it could be disabled right out of the box with no strings attached.

>Well, that's one argument down, now.
>This is about principle
I have to agree. Apple has completely lost the plot. This is a sad turn of events.

>real language to do real stuff, you use Windows or Linux
if you're developing for windows, you use a windows machine. if you're developing for linux, you use a mac.

that's just the way it works

apple is selling their customers a high-quality experience. they take a 'walled garden' approach to their products.

why the fuck would you buy an apple product if you didn't want the experience they're selling? apple doesn't even try to hide the fact that their products are part of a closed platform, only the dumbfucks on Jow Forums would buy it expecting otherwise.

Bazowy i czerwonopigułkowy

>>Apple shits themselves, don't wanna be the next wannacry
>>"Hey, what if we ported the secure code signing from our iOS devices to our Macs?"

you're fucking stupid if you think code signing measures like this stops something like wannacry. how the do you think people escalate to get kernel code exec for modern iOS jailbreaks?

has anyone bothered to even fucking logically debug this issue?

Can you install Windows with secure boot enabled? I'm guessing the answer is YES

With secure boot disabled you should be able to boot whatever image you want. With this capability to just fucking debug the OS with secure boot disabled, just see how Windows/macOS interact with the Mac hardware and see if Linux does it the same way. It's not that hard. Nobody has from what I've seen done this kind of technical analysis to determine:

1. Is it intentional and the T2 IS detecting Linux, and thus blocking it?
2. What is the exact failure point of the install? The hardware has to failing in some way you can understand from the OS. How does Windows talk to it and what are its differences with Linux?

Nobody has from what I've seen begun to debug and answer these questions *in public*. someone please fucking link me if people are actually trying to figure this shit out or even explain HOW a Linux install fails *at a software layer*

>czerwonopigułkowy
got me

Its basically just normal secure boot but the media is making a fuss

>Stupid pajet replying to himself.

>apple is selling their customers a high-quality experience

Attached: lmao.gif (400x234, 500K)

Can the app store be used to update your OS? Can you install important libraries from it, or just full apps?

see

>Can the app store be used to update your OS?
Yes, all OS updates are done through the App Store. It's completely replaced the Software Updater.
>Can you install important libraries from it
I don't believe so. That doesn't mean it;s not a package manager though, just that it's not as good of one.

I wonder when they'll prevent changing the default browser, like they do on iOS.
There already is "System Integrity Protection" in order to limit what root can do.

quack

>Has the option to disable verification been removed or is OP just a faggot?
Afaik you can't install Linux on the internal drive. Yeah, you can boot from USB, but that's obviously retarded for everyday use.

>Apple shits themselves, don't wanna be the next wannacry
How will signing the OS prevent a program running in the userspace from encrypting all your files? It doesn't even need root permissions to do that because you normally already have write access to your personal files, which are the ones that are targeted.

Well then this retard was completely wrong in claiming baby duck syndrome when the app store offers measurably inferior functionality.

>Implying C# isn't a meme language

>Buying a macbook to run linux on

Nice one, OP

Attached: sein.gif (290x200, 898K)

cringe and currypilled

based and basedpilled

youtube.com/watch?v=zy6w1ll16G0

i don't think it works like that
pretty sure removing that chip will brick the device because its supposed to be a """security chip"""

Attached: How to Take Care of a Thinkpad Laptop(2).webm (640x360, 989K)

How is that a problem?
OS X is everything people want Linux to be

But it's not everything Linux already is

It's a fully POSIX compliant UNIX system. It even has a terminal. Like what fucking more do you want?