I got a amazon fire 7 tablet for christmas that I probably wont use. what can i do with it jailbreaking-wise...

I got a amazon fire 7 tablet for christmas that I probably wont use. what can i do with it jailbreaking-wise? i dont browse Jow Forums often, sorry if this is common knowledge.

Attached: 51zfRJ3JqeL._SY300_QL70_.jpg (300x300, 11K)

xda forums is your friend for this stuff.

thank you, i appreciate your guidance.

merr crimnis
good look with xda, alot of the users have superiority complexes - - very rude

Attached: 1544445155856.jpg (1200x1200, 381K)

also thnx 4 the heads up :)

Attached: 1527469530428.gif (640x480, 610K)

Who got the 7 for you when the 8 was literally the same price?

my grandparents didnt have the knowledge of that, i guess

=( sorry OP, maybe you can return it and get a HD8 or fork up a little more for the HD10 like I did, which you can root and has a 1080p display.

Ill try to look into this more, but my grandparents live alot of states away from me. Ill see what i can do tho.

I have an hd8 anf love it. All I wanted was remove the ad on the lock screen but all tutorials I found are outdated.

What do you do with it? What does it do that a smartphone or a laptop doesn't? I always have both near me. I don't see where a tablet would fit in. I kind of want to get one, but I've bought a cheap android tablet before and never really did anything with it.

There is one that still works. On the xda forums a guy made a tutorial with the Automate app you can get from the google play store. It still works

t. Someone with an hd8

I just use mine for youtube and twitch when i don't want to waste my phone battery. Almost exclusively for media consumption

I dont have a laptop. I mostly use it to read books for college. But right now im without my pc so Im using it to browse Jow Forums(clover) and watch youtube, netflix etc. I can carry around and the battery lasts for almost 2 days. I setup a cloud too so I can take it to my bathroom and watch something while I take a dump.

Thanks, bro. I will look into it.

Merry christmas buddy

Write yr own zero day, otherwise yr fucked

Did they ever manage a way to install custom bootloaders so you can put LineageOS on them? I'd really like to get a tablet dedicated for reading books but I'm not buying some Apple shit that costs 800 dollars.

How the fuck are there roots for the 10 and 7 but no roots for the 8

I think you can do it with a 7 if you never updated it but I don't think you can do it for anything else.

I bought a hd 10 for 9980yen :^)

Tablets are nice for reading books, better than meme e-readers.

Enjoy the piss poor battery life then. Mine lasts for months, how long does your last for?

E-readers are superior for reading books in every way.

>Tablets are nice for reading books
Yes, good but not great.
>better than meme e-readers.
False, and you know it