The C Programming Language

Attached: TheCProgrammingLanguage.jpg (379x499, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/metajack/cgit
youtube.com/watch?v=dLmyey_18TM
fortranwiki.org/fortran/show/Fortran 2018
github.com/kristapsdz/kwebapp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, C.

Of course, The C Programming Language.

Can someone explain how this book is god-like compared to other C programming books?

Attached: 41+bFKtFHjL._SX405_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (407x500, 24K)

Explain what K&R or K.N.King?

K&R

fucking useless piece of shit hate all the faggots who told me to start with this just so they can feel superior on an anonymous imageboard when people should be learning how to actually write programs first with any beginner friendly language like python or ruby and do useful and relevant shit like creating a simple CRUD application or interesting algos fuck C fuck this book fuck you

I just use man desu

Let me see your C backend for a web application.

The B# Programming Language

mad pajeet

Fucking this
Only pajeet tier retardation brings this rage out. C is such an easy language to learn you're probably a complete brainlet who needs their hand held with java.

C is pretty nice if you know what you are doing, and are writing most stuff by yourself.
It used to have a bad library culture, but single-header-libraries are becoming more common, and are making c more viable for a lot of stuff.
I like C because if I just use it, I know I won't be dealing with much bullshit necessarily, but rather can just program.
I recommend it.

github.com/metajack/cgit
here.

libuv

The Unix Programming Environment

cos ritchie actually designed the language

systemd spaghettification environment

>The C Programming Language

C wasn't designed, it was hacked together. It shows.

>still out performs anything
why can't they hack like that these days

There are several languages designed for bare metal systems programming around these days, and they're all on the same speed level with specifics depending almost entirely on algorithms. C is one of them, but there's also C++, Ada, and Fortran.

*C++ blocks your path*
Enjoy your RTTI quicksort retard
*dabs*

i bough this meme for my younger sister. I hope it'll scare her away from programming quickly

All these fagits who didn't reply with
baka

>I know I won't be dealing with much bullshit necessarily, but rather can just program.
this

>The Cuck Programming Language
FTFY

>The Best Programming Language
FTFY

Attached: MV5BMTJmZWRlZGYtNjYwZC00NGUzLWJlOGEtZGUyOTE1YmRlYjYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY5NTM5MjA@._V1_.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

you forgot the name and email fields, dingaling

Strongly recommend "Teach Yourself C" by Herbert Schildt.

Buffer overflows: the language.

>C doesn't have training wheels i might make a mistake!!!
t. Pajeet

If it isn't C89 it it worthless.

>even after several decades, even the best C programmers still commit buffer overflows on a daily basis
>greatest security issue in the world
>no other programming language has this problem
>"haha you're just a pajeet, the language did nothing wrong letting you write beyond the buffer you explicitly told the language to allocate lmao"

Attached: ycidWO8.jpg (243x300, 22K)

>lets just remove all the guards and lockouts from industrial machinery
>it'll be fine, nobody ever makes mistakes!
t. one extremely dense motherfucker

What's on your mind, chum?

C is a blight on software enginnering

Name a better replacement that performs equally well.

>Name a better replacement that performs equally well.

C has been replaced in every field of computing except kernel development and micros. It's legacy stuff.

>in every field of computing except
Well then it hasn't been replaced yet, has it?

COBOL hasn't been replaced either

they replaced it with haskell though

#include

int main()
{
printf("The C Programming Language");
return 0;
}

Java Script is the future.

youtube.com/watch?v=dLmyey_18TM

Thank you Jow Forums.
I didn't know there was a place where people actually knew about computers, programming, and how to have a pleasant conversation about these things on the internet.

Attached: 1512640946348.png (1349x695, 78K)

I'm glad you found a link to Hacker News

#include

int main()
{
auto print = [](auto any)
{
std::cout

>Herbert Schildt.
terrible book by a terrible author

> Fortran
It's almost 2019 brainlet. Is your rig an S/360?

The Only Programming Language

Imagine being this disabled. Want help with your comp-sci homework user? We can talk about bounds checking pointers and indexes you little shit

>*tssst*
>*sip*
>Now C, that was the programming language! Not these easy-mode toys you sheltered kids play with these days...

Attached: 1530214384035.png (281x215, 44K)

disgusting

Isn't this the worst fairly well-known C manual in existence? I remember being told to steer clear far far far clear from one book, and the author's name seems to ring a bell in distant caverns of my memory.

le calling "free" is so hardcore

Very good, but make sure to not use it outside of where it has it's useful.

Fortran is still being updated fortranwiki.org/fortran/show/Fortran 2018

I completely fucked this post up. I am absolutely ashamed.

You are forgiven, friend.

>t. can't into chad++

Attached: file.png (500x522, 77K)

> C has been replaced everywhere, except micro's.

Is like saying

> C has been replaced everywhere, except everywhere.

The C++ Programming Language

Attached: 9780321958327.jpg (1000x1250, 93K)

You're right that you should begin with something basic like python but you're wrong about everything else

Add a fucking newline at the end.

More like "Straight Way to Hell" ahah

What is a good IDE for C?

EMACS

>cquery takes almost 6G for a ~60kloc C11 project
>ccls takes about 5.2G
>every other backend takes 2s to do M-. and can't do semantic highlight without choking
:( why do haskellfags get all the good stuff (intero works blazing fast on ~30kloc) and Cniles are second-class citizens

I don't understand your comment.

" \n"
"Good book.\n"

Just took a job exclusively programming in C. Expecting to be high performance networks / OS stuff.

Should I be feeling good of feeling bad? Tell me how to feel Jow Forums

peak comfort

Attached: pepe comfy.jpg (1082x695, 287K)

>Should I be feeling good of feeling bad? Tell me how to feel Jow Forums

If it's an established old company you better have your ass prepared for horrible legacy code duty.

I just started learning this month. I'm learning pointers and structures :)

> Expecting to be high performance networks / OS stuff.

What does the company do? Do they make routers and switches and operating systems?

Not everyone sucks at their job like you, user.

I'm not sure how you arrived at that point. Legacy codebases are a thing, especially in banking and healthcare, and most are awful because they are mostly hacked together monoliths that have been overdue for a architecture for years. Being good or bad isn't going to change this.

I’m nervous since I haven’t written a lot of C code in the last few years user
No legacy code for me
It’s a large company, and part of it does that

When you were in your interview did you ask specifically what you'd be doing?

I was too nervous

> Name a better replacement that performs equally well.

Go.

struct bitsetn{
unsigned x:1;
unsigned y:1;
unsigned z:7;
};

What is sizeof(bitsetn)?

Good luck. If they didn't tell you and you didn't ask them your guess is as good as mine then as to what you should be feeling.

Attached: .jpg (480x360, 19K)

are you attempting to imply that it is hard to implement a backend in C?

you just pass parameters via stdin and output the results via stdout. what's hard about that?

I tried to go back to programming in Python (which is what I learned on) but found that Python makes it hard to do stateful programming.

The only language I've learned so far that I liked more than C is C++ and that's just for its operator overloading. Mostly when I try to learn a new language I end up getting frustrated at its restrictions and start feeling claustrophobic and I get upset. I still don't understand the appeal of object oriented programming vs augmenting procedural programming with objects as a complex data type.

Attached: ayylmao.png (538x402, 439K)

desu

Attached: 1226182022~2.jpg (3492x4656, 2.38M)

based

github.com/kristapsdz/kwebapp

Why do C fags always use such shitty inefficient solutions.
Oh wait it's because their language is too inferior to use more efficient solutions conveniently.
Lol.

C CGI is a thing and has been for many decades you underage retard.

I've gotten pretty good with python but am starting to hate it because of how slow it is and not being able to share executable files.

i'm looking to make some simple games and GUI utility programs to share, where should I start with C++ and what tools should I use?

Would you care to elaborate?

start by learning C instead.

its the same language with less features. if you jump in with C++ you'll have to contend with a lot of features that don't make a lot of sense on top of having to learn C anyways.

>GUI utility programs
run.

Of course not, as that would mean having to make a valid argument and not just troll baiting with their emotional rhetoric.