/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread

Attached: yande.re 261242 christmas headphones hiiro_yuki mifune_miyu minus_art_works nitta_minami the_idolm@s (4863x3476, 3.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for beyers

cute animu

what midfi headphones have good bass

reminder to report all sapphire posts, he is ban evading.

Best electrostatic Stax headphones sound worse than average dynamic "mid-fi" cans

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Attached: 1545780201789[1].png (251x242, 114K)

Stax incels on suicide watch lmao

Marry Christmas hpg

What category should it be under?

I shuffled some stuff around on my desk but should I switch the CRT over to the right side of the desk and the stax amp to the left?

Attached: JPEG_20181225_214628.jpg (2016x1134, 363K)

Seems like the cable would get in the way of the mouse

what do you use the thing on the left for?

spam. he spams the same catchphrases over and over.

So..... Is beyer user confirmed deaf or what

Stax confirmed being 100% audiophool garbage

wrap the cable around the back of your sony amp

nah Not too muchi just let it sit on my arm when i move my arm it moves it of the way
What thing the CRT?
Nah Its not too long

Do you think she has sweaty smelly feets /hpg/?

The thing underneath the light.

>Nah Its not too long
I wasn't suggesting it, I was telling you to do it

who here has dt1990 and is willing to do me a favor

is sidegrading a non tube amp the most retarded thing u can do?
im thinking of buying the atom when i already use the a30

desu my mouse is super high dpi because im used to it so ive had like very cramped spacec for my mouse before.
my retarded monitor stand is the thing that it sometimes catches on these days cause i keep old cups to the right side of my desk.
i could just move them tho or get a mouse anchor.

I still don't understand how you don't have a single spec of dust showing even WITH A LAMP POINTED OVER GLASS/ACRYLIC

I just keep shit clean and and to top it all off I have carpet so I clean often but eh
sounds like a Good opportunity for my stax cable to get fucked up and I Dealt with my 3m K400 cable before the stax
The Wihite thing at the base is a Wax melter

Sup

>atom-chan finally arrived
it's beautiful...

Attached: 1525402038420.jpg (3024x3506, 1.5M)

>$100 amp for $1500 headphones
L U L
U
L

he has a dust cover lol. my room is hella dusty sometimes and i cant see any on mine.

alright, take your dt1990 and plug it into your phone and play it at full volume, is this too painful for you to listen to? then download an app that boosts the volume up to 60 or 100% is this too painful for you to listen to? does the sound quality sound distorted to you?

>you need to use a $200 plate to eat a $200 meal

Bought myself some DT880 for Christmas, tell me how I fucked up.

You didn't. It's Beyer's best open headphone.

Attached: 1518191737239.png (1792x2048, 2.92M)

What are good headphones with built in microphones? I'm not too worried about anything beyond lastibility. Budget is around $40 max and it's for use on a Computer. (Casual listening, chatting with friends, etc) Location is USA.

that's three YESes for me

Attached: 1327765567189.jpg (704x396, 94K)

>sapphire purged AGAIN
mods keep delivering on this blessed day.

Stax incels on suicide watch

No not really although I wouldn't recommend getting them and playing them through a fucking phone

>Best electrostatic Stax headphones sound worse than average dynamic "mid-fi" cans
>
>$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
>aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
mods can not censor the truth

>sapphire now whining about freedumbs of speech
LOL
guess what happens when you decide to use a privately owned platform lol

so the volume wasn't super loud for you to listen to? did the audio distort at all?

>mods can not censor the truth
don't act like it's anywhere near the truth, you have been spamming. take your licks like a man not a child

Attached: Screenshot_20181127-214319~01.jpg (444x805, 70K)

>be 4channel, a safe space for all walks of life and also advertisers
>freeze peach
pick one

>t. triggered stax incel

im confused at to which is the truth anymore.
sounds like sapphire has been recommending stax over and over again and then spamming stax are objectively garbage right next to it.
basically nobody likes stax and its all been 1 person this whole time?

No, there are 5-6 people that actually have stax in these threads. Sapphire is the one spamming the stax is objectively garbage shit.

>sounds like sapphire has been recommending stax over and over again and then spamming stax are objectively garbage right next to it.
what? no. that's obviously a different user. you can look at old threads to see which posts were purged

oh did the mods go for ips rather than just posts?
i may be new lol, and id think sapphire was posting from 2 different ips so they could post faster

Mods purge by IP.

inb4 sapphire had 2 ips samefagging an argument this whole time about headphones like 5-6 people have

>implying those 5-6 people aren't sapphire
>implying the entire thread isn't just sapphire

no, this was lowballing. there's more than just 5-6 stax owners here. if you stick around you'll see them post their setups. I lost count a long time ago

ok so i usually just take my hd600s for granted right
they sound great, idk why people keep saying muddy and all that, but they might have corrupted my taste for sound signature.
i was playing a game and listening to some like really good tunes and it finally hit me just what sound was going into my ears.
felt like that fag with the orpheus crying. once you realize what you're listening to it's amazing.

you were crying because the mud from your headphones got into your eyes.

aye, ive been around about a month or two but the regulars are like 1 or 2 people.
ziplock bag user... actually i think ziplock bag user is the same user as hp keyboard user

He's not talking about stax shitphones

go home sapphire

itt only one samefagging stax incel, others left instantly after stax audiophool meme was exposed

you go home too sapphire

I wonder what /hpg/ would have been like if it was never burdened by sapphire's existence. it's like wondering what civilization would have been like if the library of alexandria was never burned down

Attached: 1525150056609.png (329x272, 185K)

lol i havent worn these in ages.
god they have not aged well since goin to hd600s ;-;
very shrill sounding, now i know why my ears would ring lol

Attached: IMG_20181226_010935.jpg (4640x3480, 2.36M)

pad mod them

i like the pads ;-;
or do u mean to improve quality

they become a good bassy fun headphone after being pad modded.

oh ok, that sounds good owo

Atom is end game quality.

only retards would spend over 100 on an amp when atom-chan exists

>report post
>come back an hour later and its gone
What have I ever done to be so blessed?

Attached: 1485852675073.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Really hope JDS releases a DAC to go with the Atom, hopefully with a metal enclosure. Would really love it, especially if it's anywhere near as good as the Atom.

Should I buy fostex tr-x00

There is nothing wrong with the OL DAC

A part of me just wants something that matches with the Atom visually.

yes there is, it has those stupid grill lines that ruin etchings and a new version the same size as the atom would stack better plus there would be more room for a larger anime trap girl

Need A new Dac for my SR-007
gotta have Balanced XLR outputs

smsl su-8. balanced out with a remote and measures very nice

I just ordered a pair of Monoprice M1060. How bad did I fuck up?

>smsl su-8.
Hmm it looks nice but Uhhh it doesnt come in black I had been looking at Dx7 I've heard good things about it

ask

Just get better headphones, any dynamic mid-fi cans will be a serious upgrade over stax shitphones

HMM considering I favor my Stax over my K701 I will disregard your advice Sapphire :^)

Today a received a notification that my Topping DX3 from 11.11 is actually in transit and not lost like I though. Have the clicking issues been fixed yet?

Attached: 1540783255473.png (273x366, 130K)

Post an image of both your AKG and stax with a piece of paper with the words "AKG sucks, you lied to me sapphire".

fixes are temporary. clicking is eternal.

don't bully the akg, they are the only trap posters we've got! a precious commodity

I will and also I dont have my SR-007 yet but I'm gonna get it soon

Stax shitphones often come with severe case of post-purchase rationalization. Especially for poorfags like you. You are just a victim of buyers stockholm syndrome, a victim of stax audiophool memes. A stax incel.

>I dont have my SR-007 yet but I'm gonna get it soon
uh huh....

Maybe you have serious hearing problems. Trained listeners rated K701 significantly higher than SR-009 in blind tests. You can read about it here

Attached: 20181226_015426.jpg (4032x2268, 2.74M)

B A S E D

Stax are objectively garbage tho

Is there surgery I can do on my ears to hear better. I feel like that's better than buying any headphones

007s and 009s are shit tho, get l700

l700 are even worse lmao

get 3100 and padmod them to be as good as l700 then

Dont really want L700 looks bad piano black on something you are gonna touch ehhhh I'll pass also they uhhh flipped the cups around so now the Wedge is facing forwards

u can look like a monkey and brag about your niggerbass.
win win.

is the atom really that good

that's sapphire