Do i need to be good at math to be good at programming?

Do i need to be good at math to be good at programming?

Attached: ED1411DF-05C7-4ABD-AD28-747D79D34628.jpg (1134x1599, 400K)

up

No, it's just a filter for brainlets.

No, but you usually need to use math for algorithms, and need to be able to use algorithms to do most things beyond babby's first tetris clone

It's not so much that you need to know the math itself and more that you need to be good at the kind of thinking that makes you good at math. It's like lifting to be strong and healthy in general, even though you don't actually need to pick up heavy things in your daily life.

absolutely, because if you cant do math you're a brainlet, and if you're a brainlet you can't ever be more than a code monkey (poojeet)

Im talking about like high level maths

My university was structured such that you need to take a pure math course on things like linear algebra and vector calculus before taking a programming course using those concepts. I always really struggled with the pure math, didn't grasp the concepts, barely passed. When I finally got to the programming courses and saw the concepts presented in code I grasped things right away and got top marks. Things like pic related are pure chickenscratch to me but code I can understand.

Attached: Capture.png (724x214, 14K)

>iphone poster
>pedo
Checks out. Hope you know Apple has cached versions of every image on your crapple device :)

In short: no

In long: it depends on what kind of programming you want to do. 99% of programming doesn't require anything more than basic math.

Just learn programming and you'll pick up the math along the way, it's fun.

If you ever want to be more than just a webdev monkey, then yes, otherwise no.

You need to be good at Anime,
therefore, yes, math is a minimum requirement

cunny

regular shit not really
I love cute girls

Yes and no. You obviously need to know most of algebra concepts, but that's not too hard, pre-calculus can be useful and in some rare cases necessary, calculus I don't think is gonna bother you unless you have to do extremely complex stuff that I can't even think of. Basically, what and said, especially that you'll pick the math along the way. Having to study theoretical maths can be really boring and annoying, but if you try to learn math by yourself and in a more practical way, you can actually enjoy it, maybe even useless stuff that you won't ever need, like counting past infinite, look at Vsauce videos

Henreader is god

u do know that simple line of code does all those calculations for you? its literally obsolete, unis are dying out with boomers.

You know that simple line of code calls math functions someone smarter than you wrote?

its a drawing user

Attached: B6CECA4C-1678-4193-B5AD-E70E70BAE2C6.jpg (2500x2000, 1.23M)

No. Programming is a lot more logical than math.

0.999 != 1

But do you need to know basic calculus and linear algebra? Yeah, if you want to do anything more advanced than a website.

if you unironically argue for the regulation of art then you need to read 1984 immediately. if not, carry on shitposting
sorry everyone this is just a big trigger for me

>Do i need to be good at math to be good at programming?
Yes. If you don't even have a Ph.D. with a dissertation expaning the field of discrete mathematics, don't even bother with programming.

>b-but its just pixels!!!
Literally the only argument pedophiles have. Gas yourself.

>Programming is a lot more logical than math.
>he doesn't understand why 0.999... = 1

Attached: ayy.png (360x346, 142K)

Strictly speaking no.
But it helps.
You need the same kind of thinking to solve programming challenges as you need for theoretic maths.
Without it you’ll also be a shit dev in engineering teams.

This really, even if you can barely pass Calculus or Adv Trig but understand algorithms I'd say you'd be fine.

If you want to go into graphics/physics programming, yes. Otherwise no.

Have you read A brave new workd by aldous huxley?

Dystopian & cyberpunk novels are quite the fetish for me.

Do you by chance know of any like 1984 but not mainstream garbage like maze runner/hunger games?

Attached: 90168C7D-C8D0-496B-A769-06E70A2A3443.png (600x420, 173K)

world**

No, I normally read shit like King and Gaiman.

No. But you do need math to be a good computer scientist.

You have to be a lolicon first.

reductio ad absurdum.

no all you need to do is watch anime

He wrote 0.999 != 1 not 0.999... != 1 brainlet

Yes, thanks for pointing that out, dickwad. Even more proof of how stupid he is. 0.999 is obviously not equal to 1 in math as well as in programming languages.

Attached: 18.jpg (1080x1350, 340K)

>Things like pic related are pure chickenscratch to me
You don't know how to do discriminants? How did you even pass the course?

>discriminants
Determinants, you fucking imbecile.

programing superoir over mach
so if (You) cannot even in mach teachin you is waste of time

Attached: KILLS_CS.jpg (627x360, 21K)

I want to nakadashi her mouth

anime is for children

You're on an anime board, child.

True. Read Manga and Light novels instead

No. Coding is 99% trivial stuff, see webdev and so on.

But for the 1%, which are actually interesting and not just codemonkey stuff Paneer can do, you need slot of math.

No. I'm not that good at math and I'm an excellent programmer.

What you need is to be clean and ordered. A bad programmer will try to do stuff without understanding what he's doing.

>Hunger Games
>not mainstream garbage

>I don't need to understand the code I'm writing
this is how shitty code ends up everywhere

Attached: 1541562470784.jpg (640x535, 36K)

no

Don't project your codemonkey levels onto others...