How do I do programming on a chrome book...

How do I do programming on a chrome book? I've noticed in the past that doing C++ on my chrome book has not been very effective, and programs that didnt run on my CB ran perfectly on any PC I tried the code with. Is it possible or do I have to get a laptop to run my code?

Attached: 1536202316534.gif (528x369, 3.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

solarianprogrammer.com/2017/09/11/cpp-development-chromebook-chrome-os/
wiki.galliumos.org/Hardware_Compatibility
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Step One: Rip that shitty Google consumer OS off of it and install something decent.

Such as? Isn't the default OS already Linux? Also what difference would it make, spec wise?

The difference is getting rid of the garbage Google layered on top of the base OS. Same way that Mac OS X is technically a Unix OS, but with so much proprietary hackery grafted onto it that you can't really use it as anything except a passive consumption device.

Right but you didn't answer my other questions. And yes I'm aware it's botnet crap, hence why I barely use my chromebook and why I'm asking this

God she was so fucking hot

>developer mode
>install loonix
>lets you add dev tools and use local file system
am i doing it right?

no

god i wish i were that horse

Honestly dude? I'd say you want to program FOR a chromebook, not program ON a chromebook. But if you have no other choice, here's some instructions on getting a C/C++ compiler installed onto a chromebook: solarianprogrammer.com/2017/09/11/cpp-development-chromebook-chrome-os/

mommy

Main way to do it is to store your files in the cloud and ssh to edit them. I believe that's what google is intending you to do. Go 100% non local.

linux chroot

the other anons in this thread are right. install something useful like arch or gentoo.

> do I program on a chromebook
No. You don't.

chrome OS is not a "real" distro. galliumOS is a good choice for chromebooks

Hello world from ssh is the future

bump

>d-d-do I fit in yet guys?
sad!

Are you guys memeing or not? Because not a single person has told me WHY I should install linux on my chrome book or why it would make any difference

you can't do much apart from light web browsing on a Chromebook, plus you can't really install any programs on it. if all you're using it for is google docs and 4channel then you don't have to install anything.

if you want to install programs and use it as a real computer then you might want to install gentoo or galliumOS. If you want to write and run programs locally, I think you have to install something else. if you are just going to ssh into your homeserver and work from there then you can do that with chromeOS

Alright I guess I'll look into it then. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that but if it means I can do what I want with it and get more out of my chromebook in general so be it

if you haven't gotten your Chromebook yet look at this

wiki.galliumos.org/Hardware_Compatibility
there's another site I am looking for but I am at work right now it's bookmarked on my home computer. there's a script you run in dev mode to reflash the firmware. I'm sure if you look up a tutorial you'll find what I'm talking about.