Gaymen is literally cancer

Back in the day when being like 7-10 yo I had Sega mega drive console. That time my mom used to limit me so I don't play for more than an hour a day or so.

After a while something happened to my Sega, it died and I've trashed it. God knows how many years passed but very recently I somehow remembered it and those games I played (Superman, Spiderman, VR troopers, Robocop vs Terminator, Boogerman and Road Rash III which was the king for me). I started to look em up on youtube and watch how people play them, then I downloaded some emulator along with several games and started playing them.

Initially I thought hey bro I'll just play Road Rash for like 10 mins cuz it was cool and reminds me of good old times. And shortly I found myself playing this shit everyday (like 4 or 5 times) for a week. Yesterday I spent more than 1.5 hours in total playing. Fucking 1.5 hrs of my time playing useless childish bullshit! Even more, this night I had dreams about playing this bs.

Off course I will stop this and already deleted the emulation tool and games but the conclusion is gaming is fucking addictive and has to be avoided. Now I realize why people spend 1000s to build a PC solely for gaming, these are sick and ill just like those people on drugs.

Attached: Road-rash-3-tour-de-force-gameplay.gif (320x224, 14K)

I hate those fucking manchilds too. I deliberately give them false advice every time they come here. /pcbg/ should be deleted or moved to /v/.

*crack*
>pshhhhhh
*sips*
>glug glug glug glug
>ahhh
Road Rash
Now THAT was a true racing game.
*sips*
They don't make games like that anymore.

>ho noes, having fun and hobbies take time, better not waste time and go back to work
nice blog retard

you sound like a christian who just discovered masturbation at 26

Attached: face_with_tears_of_joy.png (800x800, 301K)

Kekked

Feel you, brother. Good that you figured it out.
Sadly, I didn't have this much luck or self-control, I don't even like playing games anymore, yet I still waste my time on them. Worst thing is, I don't know what else can I do beside gaming.

Attached: 1540491518819.png (804x876, 456K)

What the fuck?
Road Rash III is a masterpiece of programming and an excellent game. No time spent on it is wasted.
Games are more than just fun little distractions, multiple people put more time into MAKING Road Rash III than you just "wasted" playing it. It's a program. The input is you and the output is fun. if it isn't fun, do something else. It's not a drug. It isn't some magic attention sink, it's just another human product meant to entertain like music or film. If it bores you, stop.

but honestly if there was one game to be addicted to, Road Rash III is absolutely fine.

lol

>Road Rash III is a masterpiece of programming

Attached: 1533727966763.jpg (384x342, 75K)

>Late stage capitalism in full effect makes people ashamed of having fun and enjoying themselves because you should be producing profit 24/7 or learning how to maximize your profit production
Do whataver you want as long as you can sustain yourself, live is meanigless, no one cares about how much money you make.

Attached: 1360136862945.gif (140x140, 1.27M)

Cringe

>a piece of software was hard to develop and somehow the end user should appreciate it, ITS SO MUCH MORE GUYS

I dont give a slightest shit that cleetus the car manufacture had a hard days work making a nice car, sorry.

then don't act like anyone gives the slightest shit about you. Getting bored of video games woe is me ffs

>Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha.

Attached: go away.jpg (1631x1373, 1.13M)

sour grapes: the thread

*sips*

Ahh boomer

*sip*

now that was a meme

DAYTOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>having fun is bad

Attached: 1513609146573.jpg (660x500, 85K)

PC gaming is one of the biggest driving force when it comes to hardware improvements.

>muh games are a time waste
>spends a day a week ricing his meme window manager and watching borderline pedo animes

Attached: question.jpg (550x550, 21K)

PEDO BAD

Attached: 1539228123437.jpg (552x615, 73K)

Y I K E S

>masterpiece of programming

lolz it looks like something drawn by a 3yo kid.

The absolute state of the brainwashed edge lords. KYS lemming.

> Now I realize why people spend 1000s to build a PC solely for gaming,

Now spend 2hrs per day shitposting

Attached: 1459102966976.gif (245x207, 2M)

Thrashed n trashed

>wall of text
i aint reading that shit, fuck your crappy thread
with that said, i liked road rash on ps1
also

reading this just saddens me. I can't even imagine a person so fucking boring that they can't even sit down and play some genesis games and enjoy them. it's fucking sad

OP ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED!

Attached: 1437950315918.png (560x469, 119K)

>Fucking 1.5 hrs of my time playing useless childish bullshit!
As opposed to what, browsing Jow Forums?

lame blogpost OP
not Jow Forums
MODS!
reported

I stopped playing videogames, but now i've became addicted to the internet.

Fuck

>borderline
Sure

He could have spent that time doing something productive like spending 1.5 hours watching a movie. Now that there's real adult entertainment. Fire up a good Marvel movie and you're set.

T.People who unironically think this

>2hrs per day
I wish I could limit myself to only 2hrs a day.

Good thing im not a retard and dont need the advice of a Jow Forums neckbeard

It actually wasn't that funny

The thread is officially over, why are people still replying.

And very quickly understood its dissipating and corrupting influence. Unlike the habitual gaymen spending hours every day wanking on their joysticks. Really makes you think, doesn't it.

>watch a 90 minute movie
>this is fine
>play 90 minutes of video games
>i am dying aaaah this is cancer why am i having fun this should be banned holy shit i enjoyed something

I jerk off 5 times a day, play video games whenever I want (which isn't much these days admittedly) and I can gaurantee I've achieved 100 times more with my life than you ever will

welcome to adolescence
just wait until you actually become an adult and actually learn how to manage your time, it's great

>implying you can't spend your time on anything else than watching tv and playing vidya
massively assblasted manchildren detected
the standard "oh well you watch tv dad, so shut the fuck up" isn't gonna cut it
what have you achieved?

i'm having trouble with video game addiction, so i'm wondering
what do you spend your free time on?

all fun things are addictive, the problem is the addiction itself and what you're seeking to distract yourself from

What a ridiculous post. Being a teenager, whether literally or just stuck, is a hell of a drug, I guess.

Arguing with strangers on an anonymous anime image board

Go back to your #cave. Terrestrial human capitalism is early capitalism.

im a self employed software developer, but if telling yourself that makes you feel better

I don't spend my time productively either, but at least I admit I waste most of my time and not hide behind the "oh well other people are doing it too so it's ok" or "you just hate it because it's vidya!" meme. it sounds like they were stuck in the early 2000s when every other kid was butthurt because their addiction wasn't as socially acceptable as other addictions
no, faggot, you aren't special for playing vidya, and the only reason tv or internet addicts don't get snarked on is because they don't try to defend it

anyone can make a few bucks from home doing shitty webpages
but how much money do you actually make?

>I don't spend my time productively either, but at least I admit I waste most of my time
humans are not psychologically designed to spend all their time working, even a 40 hour work-week is fairly unproductive for most work that uses your brain

not posting that here but I don't make webpages

WILL OP EVER RECOVER?

Attached: 1443232583807.gif (300x200, 1.57M)

I think it's extremely unhealthy to refer to things that people seemingly enjoy doing but aren't necessarily harmful or uncontrollable as addictions. Dunno. Seems a counterproductive label that exists only as an excuse to be ignorant of real solutions.

I love the fuck out of video games but I can't see why people would play them for so long that they just don't even know why they're there anymore. Get up and go outside goddamn.

I just wish something could be entertaining to me for once.
>tfw don't get joy out of anything

not everything productive is "working"
normally hobbies were things like fixing cars, working on your home, hiking, learning an instrument, becoming better at a sport or just getting health or bigger muscles at the gym, socializing with other people in your city, getting involved in a political movement, etc.
things that brought you a tangible benefit or skill in real life
humans ARE designed to spend their time working, socializing or otherwise figuring out how to improve their lives. save for the occasional artwork (which again probably was something valued by others, no different than learning an instrument in modern times) what the fuck were primitive people going to do in their free time? they didn't even have books or anything to do in isolation from their immediate community, unlike the shitton of introverted time wasting activities we have nowadays

Your post showed you have an inflated sense of self-importance that is inevitably out of step with reality. That you feel a need to defend your compulsive masturbation is another sign you labor under some kind of delusion resembling megalomania. A sober-minded person would recognize an obvious problem and try to solve it. Moreover, if the attitude of that post is reflected in your ordinary behavior around other people, it is highly unlikely you're making life better for people around you. In other words, your achievements might actually be a net negative and your metrics for evaluating your achievements entirely misguided.

I interpreted the cluster as a sign of immaturity rather than as a sign of a fundamentally malignant personality.

Weird flex but ok
Yeah playing video games isn't productive. What a revelatory statement. It's leisure. You just told us you spend time on leisure too. What makes yours different? $20 says at least half of it is staring a screen. You're basically just mad because it's vidya, even though you called that a meme, that's literally what your post is

what harm would would there be in posting a figure rounded to the closest 10k or something on an anonymous board? it's obviously because you know it's not a number to brag about, and you know lying about your salary on an anonymous board would be a stupid thing to do.

you're just listing socially acceptable things. Getting involved in a political movement? Lol, that's a constructive use of your time. You could say playing video games increase your mental acuity if you want to, but the reality is people just do things they enjoy, and unless that becomes a malignant addiction there isn't anything wrong with that

>That you feel a need to defend your compulsive masturbation
im not defending anything, I'm trying to debunk your cucked attitude that you need to hold yourself back to achieve anything in life

>what harm would would there be in posting a figure rounded to the closest 10k or something on an anonymous board?
you wouldn't believe me

>>>/reddit/

iTODDLER BTFO

Attached: 1537354633437.gif (500x281, 1.35M)

where did I "flex"? why the fuck would I brag about my life on an anonymous board? it's not a "flex", just a reality check. if some faggot was acting like making 20k a year wasn't poor, even another faggot making minimum wage could point that out for him. not everything can be reduced to either "flexing" or being humble about your life

>you're just listing socially acceptable things
except that's kind of my point. what's being productive but doing or producing things that other people consider valuable?
>Getting involved in a political movement? Lol, that's a constructive use of your time
>I'll just pick the least productive point in the list and use that to debunk him
sure, whatever bro. but if you're looking for a girlfriend that might help, my parents met by participating in a political movement
that probably happens way more often when doing something together in meatspace than playing a game online while being separated by hundreds or thousands of miles, wouldn't you agree?
not to mention that you could also meet people for all kinds of shit, jobs, businesses, friends. if that doesn't apply to you then change it to programming meetup, heck even a D&D convention or whatever. still probably more productive than playing vidya.
>You could say playing video games increase your mental acuity
I guess
>but the reality is people just do things they enjoy, and unless that becomes a malignant addiction there isn't anything wrong with that
videogames in particular tend to become addictions more often than a lot of other activities, but sure, everybody is going to have some unproductive time

OP is not fucking retarded at all

Attached: 590.gif (280x207, 453K)

>What makes yours different?
that I admit I shouldn't do it and I'm trying to stop doing it or at least if I decide I'm ok with the amount of hours I just shut up about it, instead of trying to defend it and whining about how it's ok to be a gayming or internet addict just because other people are wasting their time too

ahh.. to be young and mentally retarded

why do we keep allowing underage turds here is beyond any logic

social media is a much bigger addiction than video games but that's also socially acceptable
alcohol, smoking, drugs, all objectively harmful, socially acceptable things that are more addictive than video games
so your argument is "other people don't consider it valuable so you shouldn't be doing it"
and I wouldn't agree that meeting people IRL is going to mean you meet people you can form a bond with, it's pretty much the opposite in todays world, people have an easier time meeting people they share common interests with online

>social media is a much bigger addiction than video games but that's also socially acceptable
I'm not saying do things just because they're socially acceptable or not. I'm just saying social capital is one of the things to be considered among others such as time investment, money, health, etc. If smoking was seen as cool by other people and it was healthy, then maybe it'd be smart to do it, but no, it's very bad for your health, so it's clearly stupid.
social perceptions not being exactly aligned with the pros and cons of things is not an excuse for videogames (or social media, or drugs, or anything) to be addictive as fuck.
in fact, sure, if we consider the whole of forums, irc, imageboards, etc. as social media, then social media might be a much worse problem than videogames in terms of wasted time.
>and I wouldn't agree that meeting people IRL is going to mean you meet people you can form a bond with, it's pretty much the opposite in todays world, people have an easier time meeting people they share common interests with online
sure, but how likely is that you move in together and/or build a family with somebody you meet online vs in the real world, or how likely is it that they'd be there for you for, say, the loss of a loved one, or if you lost your job/house, or to do other activities with you besides gaming or just chatting online once in a while? maybe for some people the online thing does really work, i don't know, but I think for most people videogames and "socializing" on the internet in general does not lead to any benefits in life

I agree online video game friends generally result in shallow friendships, but the internet in general is a great place to meet people, that's where I met my girlfriend and most of my best friends
>I'm just saying social capital is one of the things to be considered
Jesus christ you really are cucked
Do what you want to do, not what would make you look cool to others

maybe it's because I'm an aspie, but I never got this argument, maybe you can explain it to me
most things in your life are determined by how other people perceive you
if you look like you know your shit, then you get the job, otherwise you don't
if you're perceived by others as a cool guy, you get the girlfriend, otherwise you don't.
if you're perceived by others as a cool guy, you get the friends, otherwise you don't
if you look like a weak guy, then you get mugged or given shit, otherwise you don't
if you look like a wealthy guy, then you get a loan, otherwise you don't
if you're a politician and you look honest, you get votes, otherwise you don't
if you're a ceo and you look like a smart successful person your stocks get up, otherwise they go down
if you're a musician and you look all punk and shit, then you become a popular band, otherwise you don't
how does the way you're perceived by others not matter again?

>entertainment and fun is addictive!
Yeah, that's what self control is about.

I like cars, both driving and wrneching. I like building plastic model kits. I like messing around with simple electronics and soldering work. I like dressing up as fictional characters.
Objectively, all of this leaves me with a car that I spend too much money on, a load of small plastic robots and a bunch of props and costumes that I'll use maybe a couple times a year, and very little of actual value.
Vidya is similar, sometimes I just fire up a game to unwind, or to fuck about in multiplayer with a mate. It's just one of the things I enjoy doing now and then.

Sounds like you have little to no willpower and want to blame your personal failings on an entire medium.

>t. teenager: the post

op got fucking obliterated

The idea is you're supposed to do what you want and you'll attract like minded people by displaying your own qualities, rather than you desperately trying to adapt your personality to social norms in hope that other people will like you

Holy shit, how will OP ever recover?

I dunno but somehow vidya addicts are stinking fat fucks with no sexual or social life.

I've heard it from teenagers more often than not actually
>The idea is you're supposed to do what you want and you'll attract like minded people by displaying your own qualities
there are some qualities that are almost universally beneficial, and some that are almost universally detrimental
>desperately trying to adapt your personality to social norms
I never said to do it desperately

That's the fucked up part. I'm 27.

>there are some qualities that are almost universally beneficial, and some that are almost universally detrimental
you hobbies and interests aren't among them

Being 27 and blaming your personal issues on software is pretty fucked up.

>I never said to do it desperately
None of those things are wholly or consistently true. Yet that is what you believe the world is, and so you have to constantly remold and sacrifice to do...what? To be...who? You're an insignificant speck on the face of a massive rock hurtling through the void of space. Nobody gives a fuck if you play video games. Nobody really gives a fuck how you dress or act or whatever because you will be gone from their mind by the end of the day.
Shouldn't have to coach someone on how to enjoy existence. Don't be somebody, don't bee yourself, just fucking be and let everyone else be too, god damn.

Where exactly did he blame his personal issues on software? All he did was state he was addicted to the internet.

>None of those things are wholly or consistently true
then we'll have to agree to disagree
>and so you have to constantly remold and sacrifice to do...what?
do a little sacrifice so in the future you can do the things that you actually want to do.
again, I don't say do THE MOST cool thing. I never said to be THE MOST good looking guy in the job interview. etc.
just go to the extent that it's worth it for achieving the things that you actually want to achieve
but if you're playing 3 hours of vidya per day or more, then you're probably confused and it's not that you're doing the things that you actually enjoy the most, it's just that you haven't invested in being uncomfortable for a little while to get at a point when you're good enough at one of the things you can level up irl for them to actually be more satisfying than vidya

shallow appearances don't get you very far in society unless you're an actor or something like that
it doesnt matter if you pass the interview if you're shit at your job
or if you can get a date but you're a boring fuck so you cant get a second one

>i cant control myself so we have to regulate everyone
Behold the birth of a cuck

ok, sounds like valid criticism. but how does focusing on shallow appearances make me a cuck?

The OP is a rant about how he had to throw out all his emulation software because he spent to much time on it. The thread is literally 'gaming cancer'

OP is a child with no impulse control, thank God he doesn't drink.

because you care more about others think about you than what you want to do
like who the fuck says that should play less video games because other people look down on it
thats embarrassing

>stop defending this thing I'm attacking
Wouldn't happen if you stfu first

I don't know man. I think wanting to be valued by others and adhering to some kind of societal norm seems to be something inherent to being human.

I didn't make the thread bro
I told him to stop defending it because he's just justifying his waste of time to himself
I waste a lot of time on here and if somebody made a thread about internet addiction I wouldn't come out saying how wasting your time on the internet is just fine, no, I would say "yeah, the internet is super addictive and if you don't have a strong sense of self-control you will end up wasting a bunch of time"