OLED MONITORS ARE FINALLY HERE

AND THEY ARE FUCKING AMAZING.
144hz, 102ppi, 130% sRGB - it will take the monitor under 1ms to process signals (which was always just a buzzword for other panel technologies but is now actually possible since oled is that fast)

it took almost 20 years but the best crts from back in the days will finally be actually beaten for good in 2019

youtu.be/vKEM68cIEw4

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 2.83M)

Enjoy that HUD burn-in. Also, fuck sRGB.

why are the bezels so thick?
why is it so small?
this looks like a 10 year old monitor

Attached: dims.jpg (980x653, 72K)

>Also, fuck sRGB.
a high sRGB coverage also means a high coverage for other color spaces, you know

>why are the bezels so thick?
as long as there is a company that produces the oled panels, bezels can be adjusted by different companies who use that panel. you can be 100% sure that there will be a model with super thin bezels for this panel.
>why is it so small?
to maximize profit margins for the company who produces these panels of course. it is still fairly expensive to manufacture them, so they have to cut corners somewhere

-No adaptive Hz sync.
-Would prefer gsync because I’m not poor
-Burn in maybe for 2 hours of UI gaming over 4 months period.
-21 Inches (come on 27+) anything under is trash.
-not micro LED?
Into the trash it goes, my Xb271hu will be here until micro led comes

My 1080Ti sli rig would eat this up x299 Dark motherboard with 16x lanes per card

Attached: 4ADE675F-4EE5-4A2C-B90D-A76FC4316AEE.jpg (1033x1916, 417K)

t. gaymanchild

I had a oled monitor in my vita 8years ago.

it was shit had organic looking grain on brown colors and literal splotches behind the screen you had to hide by turning it super bright but you could still see in shadows.

was a horrible display wouldn't cop again.

>No adaptive Hz sync
whats important here is that there is a company who produces oled panels with 144hz in the first place. other companies can buy that panel and create their own version, with free-sync/g-sync if they want to.
>not micro LED?
micro led won't be commercially viable before 2025. increasing the efficiency of oled production and reducing burn in will be the future for now
>21 Inches (come on 27+) anything under is trash.
what they could do is sell panels that didn't make the pass for 4k, but cut down so they have 2560x1440, 27". I'm sure this will be the case.

Can’t have a side hobby? Kys you shit post on a anonymous anime weeb website, just putting input to the conversation. Anyways it’s always nice to pop a few shots and have the group come over and hang out for a few hours

>eSports monitor in OP post
>complains about gaming
Do you even know where you are right now?

This is a girl btw. I bet someone is seriously taking another look at this picture

Attached: 5BE7B0D4-66F0-4A7F-9A9B-A186FCBB3245.gif (276x260, 1.08M)

I have been waiting for this for some years now

>technology from 2010 is the same as 2018

Bezels are trash on it. Into the dumpster and back to the drawing board

Attached: F6487C6C-3007-4050-9E89-243B9D603442.jpg (1096x638, 614K)

yes... it probably is.

you realise VA TN and IPS panels where all invented and used in the 90s. they haven't "improved" they just change the back light and use dif ones tuned for diferent things to give the appearance they are improving.

retard. read the thread

and don't say some thing dumb about 144hz or 240hz. panels don't dictate that any panel can do any hz its the controller box that does that that you can actually buy from aliexpress and change on panel.

Please someone explain this thread to me

>oled meme

>he fell for the small bezels meme
How does it feel to be a pleb? Give me one pro why smaller bezzels are better. You can't, it's literally the same.

microled is better
stay poor

>Burn in: the return
Guess screensavers will make a comeback. And that's a good thing

based

props for them using the heavensward benchmark at 0:22

>vaporware is better

>im not poor
>uses 3yo gpu
lmao based poorfag poster

>why are the bezels so thick?
Who gives a shit about bezels? That's not the part you're supposed to look at.
>why is it so small?
Because it's 1080p. They have a 27" version with a 4K panel.

kys phoneposting nigger

Beats your RTX meme series actually if that’s what your bashing on his 1080TIs in sli.
>inb4 the ray tracing thoughhhh

They look better.

>he cant afford 2080ti sli
lmao based poorfag poster

This is good b8 because you don’t even own 1 I bet

Time stamp it poor fag I got my two cards for free because I mined on them. Then sold s@y coins away. Still stable after mined on too at 2Ghzcore ;^) and 12Ghz memory.

>i cant refute your post sir
Pipe down you coping faggot. I accept your admission of defeat and no more yous from your superior.

Imagine using Photoshop or code for 2-3 then see the burn in once you play a movie or open an image.

You can tile displays without an annoying gap

>imagine spending 4 thousand shekels in a gaming pc
>and then 1k in a display
>so you can sit alone in your room staring at a little screen
Chads play on 55 inch massive teles so they can do it in the living room laying back and manspreading on the couch, they don't give a fuck about gay made up problems like input lag and light bleed.

Attached: hallway.jpg (1200x756, 263K)

>doesnt care about input lag
yikes user, was with you until that, that's just retarded

Man you talk like the 98% of weebs who get punked with a fat hand of a slap upside your head. You world of war craft nerd.

Attached: CFB3461B-C8B3-4CE6-B7AF-F5D29B903B50.gif (349x165, 1.94M)

retarded your brain if it doesn't adapt to whatever microsecond input lag you experience.
Us functional human beings come with an input lag killer built in

>it took almost 20 years but the best crts from back in the days will finally be actually beaten for good in 2019
Eh, OLED screens still need to use awful upscaling and downscaling algorithms if you use them in anything other than their native resolution. A simple example would be owning a 1440p screen but being unable to play something like Ass Odyssey at 60fps at that kind of resolution. Droping the resolution to 1080p would create a blur vision.

I miss my CRT mostly because of this. Back in the early 2000s when I got my first LCD 1024x768, my PC was shit and I'd play many games at 800x600.

I bet you play online with wifi as well, epic brainlet

>playing videogames with other people
what kind of normalfag do you take me for

>not fueling on tears of others after getting them rekt

The kind of normalfag that doesn't care about input lag

>21.6"

Attached: 11wI5K8_d.jpg (640x395, 15K)

this a gpu driver issue. people have been asking nvidia/amd for nearest-neighbor scaling for years now, but they keep getting ignored. Still, I expect this issue to be resolved soon and watch it being turned into the second coming of christ type of "feature".

STILL NO RETURN OF 16:10 STILL NO 3:2

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Attached: 1507048829462.jpg (600x450, 26K)

I love OLED and have both an OLED phone and TV, but it's simply not suitable for computer monitors. You WILL get burn-in displaying static images for long periods of time.

But nearest would only work if you're using integer multiple resolutions. Like playing 960x540 on a 1080p screen. You can already do this with GeDoSaTo on a few games.

how about you kys nigger?

anything above 27 inches is memeshit unless it's an ultrawide.
>n-no I need it for muh workload
fuck off, you losers only buy shit to play gamershit and you know it.

I will have an excuse to use my screensaver again

these seem unusable, where is 1440p

>u'v'
What does it mean? Is it going to give me skin cancer?

>1080p

What the fuck. Not even 1200? Baby resolution.

>oled monitor

Doesn't really matter. OLED burn-in is cumulative, since the pixels are organic and gradually decay over time. It's not just a case of leaving the same image on-screen for hours in one go.

The real questions here are:
>how long until the panels commit suicide via persistent UI element burn-in?
>what price will I be able to buy the 27" 4K screen for?

This WILL have permanent burn after after around 2 years of daily use, if not before that.

Attached: 1522033893573.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

> Today in Jow Forums: an arrogant motherfucker claims half-baked opinion as objective truth.
At least you're not appleposting i guess.

It's going to be expensive, r-right?
I'm fine with 21 inches 1080p(yet it could be better if it was 240hz, not 144hz), but i'm afraid it will be fucking expensive.

not really, it depends on your brightness settings.
I've never had burn in happen, ie: after 3.5 years of AMOLED use, on 40% auto-brightness.
A friend of mine already has it after 2 years (same panel) because he runs at 100% brightness all day.

I'm not sure how you use your phone, but my OLED phone doesn't have to display an image for 6-16h a day like my monitors do.

2002 bezels

Id say we both had similar use cases, few hours a day.

How is aspect ration on a desktop monitor a problem, like nigga just buy a bigger screen lmao.

there is a reason they are trying to push Oled into mainstream and its not because it finally good for normal use on desktop, its the same shit as always, the true reason is because microLED or mLED, which has same advantages as OLED except it doesnt suffer from short life span and burn-in, and has almost 30times max brightness.
The thing is mLED technology is few years off. So companies are trying to cash in on OLED before it becomes totally obsolete trash. Next year you will see lots of chinkshit phones with oled screens and other trash...

Nobody asked for the specs for your shitty system.

its autism, I own 16:9, 16:10, 3:2, 4:3 and 21:9 and its all fine

Please end your life and stop wasting our oxygen.

32" 4K is the golden mantra for monitors.

>OLED
>Videogames
Yeah, nah.

brainless consumerism. just move along.

>not one mention of qled

Qled is better than oled and we've already got the Qled PG27UQ.

Make note to drop by your Costco TV section if you don't believe me, they'll have $3000 qled and oled tvs on display and they are pretty much indistinguishable from each other.

you do know Qled isnt an OLED technology and just Samsung marketing, right?

What if I told you yes and I still believe they look better

That monitor has worse pq and defects than tvs with half as much zones and nits. It doesnt even come close to oled tvs and only thing it has going for it is 120hz gsync.

finally a worthy CRTS upgrade

Wrong on many regards but you're right about the qc. The only reason I'm waiting is because I hate playing the lottery.

If money is no object the best you can buy now is qled.

>new monitor
>good looking colors
>little lag
>expensive as fuck
>will die in 3 months
>B-BUT IF YOU DONT BUY IT UR A POORFAG XDDD

I just want a 15 inch OLED laptop, is this too much to ask?

No one is offended?

It won't die in 3 months, you fucking inbred mouthbreather.
>hurr durr muh burn-in
Just adjust your vision to not care about visible artifacts or buy a new one.
>b-but I don't have the money
kys poorfag

My phone doesnt have burn in

>This is a girl btw
Depends on how loosely you take the term girl

Poor fag mad he still stuck on core 2 duo with it’s out date hardware for security

If you're okay with the image not filling the screen you can scale anything to nearest integer multiples. For example a PSP emulator looks good at 3x resolution on a 1080p screen and Game Boy advance can be scaled up to 6x. As 4K becomes more widespread we even get integer scaling of 1080p and 720p.

do i have to go back to having a screensaver every 2 minutes to not get burn in

OLEDs in the future will be literal meme screens that you can see though because that's all it's good for.

>21.6"
Holy crap, is that jOLED? AFAIK only them use this retarded display size. I have been waiting for 1.5 years alredy.
But weren't they supposed to release a 4k 21.6" panel?

t. assmad gaymanchild

>OLED
>for gaming
I don't get it, why are you trying to kill your product by marketing it to the people that are more likely to see the shortcomings of the technology it is based on?
unless you're fucking strobing it I don't think it's going to last a month for anyone playing like 2 hours a day

Nice comeback dipshit. Doesn't matter what my system is. You came here to brag and end up looking like a complete idiot. Enjoy your 16 pcie lanes.

Because when you slap that word "Gaming" or "Pro" on something that means you can charge twice what it is actually worth.

Will these burn in like tvs? If so what is the point?

Yes. There's no point other than this retard shilling.

They will but not as fast as current gen oled.

Shill harder, faggot.

Where's FreeSync?

Obviously the size doesn't matter because you can always just bring it closer to your face.