Days ago i posted a thread about wanting to create Tinder like app based on interests and location...

Days ago i posted a thread about wanting to create Tinder like app based on interests and location. I asked how much it would cost me to hire freelancers and it was a lot of money.
I will try to do it myself. Whats the best way/platform to go with?
Is Xamarin a good choice? I want it to run on Iphone and android

Attached: 1541740052212.jpg (1080x1350, 153K)

> Whats the best way/platform to go with?
A website which will provide the api in form of, say, JSON output for various GET requests. Your app should parse an output and provide a graphical representation. Language doesn't matter, moreover, you don't need a web app for testing a concept. Make two websites, server and client, test it, then write an app.

dont Feed the faggots let hin either Pay us for it or rot in a hole how dumb are you proletarians

And OP since you are asking you will take so fucking long alone so co.gratt

In about 350 days you may have an app that loads onto a phone, that may or may not connect to a database of sort. Good luck.

your idea is terrible btw. people aren't attracted because they share a hobby although that helps.

I actually just looked up to see how one could do this. My approach was right off the bat to use JNI and C++ to build the app. Then you'd want a server of some sort that the provides a RESTful API, maybe I'd prototype that in nodejs or golang. Turns out IOS is dick shit fucky, and provides objective c to programmers for developing apps. Fuck that noise. You are top fucked, mah dude.

So what should i do then? Its a good idea but i have 0 programming knowledge.
I know it will take shit ton of time. Whats my best option then?

just use tinder, and sell drugs for profit

You do what all the other faggots that have good ideas do that want to capitalize on their idea via the backs of engineers: you become an "entrepreneur". This means you get a haircut, work on your handshake and elevator pitch, and hunt do VCs. It helps to have a proof of concept, but if you are good looking enough, and confident enough --- maybe with some sort of reputation --- and bang on enough doors, well, you might find someone to fork over some cash and invest in your idea. Sure, you'll need to give them some percentage of your company, but that's normal.

This is honestly your best bet. This is more realistic than learning to program "quickly". You honestly should be working on both fronts. Do market research. Build mockups of the app, try pitching those. Learn to program enough to get an example app, now start pitching that with the mockups. Do user surveys, so you can prove their is a market. Etc, etc. In 8 months, you may have an investor and can hire someone in India to start the actual work.

You've never taken a business class or marketing class?

To add: start reading about how projects actually get funded. Treat this like you want to get a loan from a bank. You have to prove your idea will succeed to people who have money.

That seems too much of a hassle. I doubt this app would be able to generate any income besides ads. Thus this is not an option

bump

that is the ficking reason he shouldn't tell you so you are forced to pay someone to develop it you fucking literal retard inbred

Bamp

>an app that should be used by women
>based on interests

ain't gonna work

What the fuck do you think the word interests means? Even if you're a raging faggot who thinks all women do is crave Chad cock all day, that's still an interest.

Bump

Your app idea is stupid
Not due to the difficulty in building it
Due to the fact that everyone has thought of it, tried, and failed already
The problem with dating apps is chicken/egg
You can't get sign ups without lots of existing profiles
You, like everyone else who failed, will think
Ah hah! I'll just generate a bunch of fake profiles to get traction
And that will fail badly, because your fake profiles will be obvious

What you really need are Markov bots who can pass the Turing test when posing as THOTs
If you thought weeb developers were expensive
Wait till you see how much Machine Learning developers cost

Name? Is she russian?

So basically Coffee Meets Bagel?

Its not for dating.. and you swipe not through profiles but something else. But the concept of swiping through things in your location and matching is what makes this app similar to Tinder.
Basically i need to build Tinder. With internal chat. And registration.
Where do i start?

Then you are inevitably at odds with the way the world works. Things won't go well for you if you retain this attitude. You could start playing the lottery, that might be more your speed.

What do you mean? That my app is worthless if it doesnt generate money?

No. The problem is you are not willing to accept the real constraints that go into releasing a product. BTW most digital products that provide a service get their money through ads or collecting user data. But seriously, how do you expect to provide a service to users that requires development and hosting services without generating income?

user u have 2 big problem:
first of all the product is somewhat vague and need to be reduced to a real MVP case.
Second u have a problem in the business model, but you can solve this only after you realize how you MVP is made.
About the development, for my knowledge, you need a top backend system with lot of work hours spent if you do this alone.

My suggestion is to find a real MPV and working on simple stuff, step by step.

Whats mvp/mpv?

sorry MVP , minimun viable product

Android studio?

Go to webdev sticky you nigger

Those times are long gone. Investors finally caught on.

They never buy ideas, they buy talent, knowledge, manpower. If you can't assemble a team probably capable of doing it, Zou won't get anything.

Welp OP, sounds like someone who's more up to speed on the current state of unicorns is telling you that you are totally fucked. Good luck!

There's plenty of dating apps that do this already.

The actual best way to do this is to use AWS ALB/API gateway to lambda with S3 + cloudfront for storage + static content. Use Cognito for user management. Then you don’t need to worry about servers or (most) security issues so you can write the backend first, then the frontend.

>it’s like [existing app] but for X!
it already failed

Why is everyone shitting on a dude trying to escape the ratrace by trying to build an app?