Ubuntu vs Mint

Wich one of these distros does Jow Forums think is better for a desktop environment?Post pros and cons.

Attached: uvm.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

why not kubuntu

who not arch

If that is the only two option I take mint.
If flavors are playing than go with Ubuntu Mate (de, I am not an emu)

you're a fucking plebian

>ubuntu or mint, which is ubuntu with cinnamon?
shit nigger what the fuck are you doing?

That's not KDE neon

Attached: 706AB5EB-33E7-4248-9F1B-FAF9A51A050F.png (478x456, 407K)

>botnet or botnet?

Mint seems usually a bit more polished, but doesn't push users to update that much.

based kde poster

Debian stable with KDE. Fuck both.

mint is completely fucking redundant and serves literally no purpose that can justify it's pointless existence

Install Q4OS. It's the only Linux distro with a competent desktop environment. Everything else is a buggy clusterfuck with too many buttons and bad defaults. The only thing that TDE can't really handle well is multi-monitor setups. But you can use xrandr to fix that pretty easily.

Attached: snapshot1.png (2560x1024, 1.27M)

Mint only has 1 plus. It natively handles the stupid nvidia driver setup in my laptop. If it weren't for that, I'd run openSUSE Tumbleweed

Arch has installers that make it just as easy to install as Ubuntu so ive just taken to using it on everything. I've installed it the manual way but the result for me is the same.
Why are you limiting yourself to those two distros?
The only decent way to use Ubuntu is to install the barebones server variant and build up the system from there which is even more of a pain in the ass than arch.

I'm not a Linux expert but I've tried Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, Arch and now Manjaro.
Out of the Debian family I would definitely recommend pure Debian.
Arch is great, but I installed Manjaro after a long break from Linux, until I get my bearings again. It is very noob frienl, just like ubuntu and mint.
After I am used to it I will probably install Arch again.

If you have to much worthlees time, choose Arch
If you like 2006 design, choose Ubuntu
Try Solus

Attached: Solus_3_with_Budgie_Desktop.png (1919x1080, 991K)

Mint cinnamon is the only linux distro that includes the wifi drivers in the liveUSB.

KYS, Kevin.

>Debian testing with spyware or frankendebian with cinnamon
gee I don't know, since I love both *chuckles*

Ubuntu (or its flavors) for security, Mint for normie use.

Xubuntu

So braindead easy my family used my computers this Christmas with no comments. They probably thought it was W7.

>but doesn't push users to update that much.
And that's a good thing

I have lubuntu 16.4 LTS on My potatocomputer from 2005, works like a charm and isn't as bloated as Ubuntu and mint

Attached: 1362937288137.jpg (325x371, 18K)

what do you mean by "competent"? It's too old fashioned and just plain primitive. It is based on an obsolete framework and can\t even tile windows.