How do I game on linux

Is it possible to game on linux and if so how do i do it. I feel that if there was a way to run more than 3 of my games I would appreciate linux far more.

Attached: linux.png (1200x1440, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/linux
store.steampowered.com/app/368180/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nope, impossible. Linux the Linux Guy banned all the games when he wrote Linux.

I know its already possible with some games but is there a way to play all games regardless of compatibility

Maybe the founder of linux will fix this problem one day.

Attached: 1516475750270.jpg (900x750, 92K)

store.steampowered.com/linux

Linus uses Windows. He doesn't even like his own kernel.

You can game on Linux, but some games you won't be able to play.

There's a couple I'm playing, such as rise of the tomb raider, those spoopy games like Amnesia, F1 with a logical wheel, dead cells, StarCraft 2 through wine and recently got Borderlands presequel to play with my brother.

But some games you won't be able to play because of the crappy Anti-Cheat, such as PUBG. Thats why I haven't deleted my windows partition.

I don't game anymore, but when I did I ran most of my vidya natively on Debian and Arch through Steam with no problems. Steam's doing great work for Linux support.
For games which support Windows only, it may be possible to play through virtualization. However be warned: Gabe has VAC banned people for playing competitive games from virtual machines.

Attached: 1543762207250.png (445x472, 191K)

this game works on linux - store.steampowered.com/app/368180/

Attached: 1437511637674.gif (500x500, 2.98M)

The creator of Linux made a tutorial with a fat gay dude a few months back

shill

1: Install Steam, let it handle the dependencies.
2: Install game of choice.
3: Play.

It's not that hard.

Attached: raw.gif (498x280, 1.88M)

Don't bother unless you have an AMD GPU. If you do, openSUSE tumbleweed with a very light DE.

but pic related is steve jobs

I gaymen a game called enemy territory. Native port to linux.

Free team based fps.

There's way more support now for games than there's ever been since most game engines support Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, etc... and there's also less reliance on DirectX now too. Triple A titles still seem to stick to their Windows exclusive ways but Wine and Proton (valve's version of Wine) do a pretty decent job of running a lot of these "non-native" games as well.

I have about 200 games in my library and about 120 of them are natively supported on linux and a few dozen more run fine through Proton

I have tried the witcher 3 and tropico 6 on steam (on linux). Worked good, I think proton is fairly good.

Install dosbox or mednafen.

>install steam
>run steam
>install game
>run game

AMD has shit Linux drivers

Fuck off.

Retard, Mesa are the best drivers on linux right now

NVidia propiatery driver is much better than amdgpu or amdgpu-Pro driver

This fucking game, play it, works flawlessly on Linux you have zero excuse not to play it

Attached: Soma_Game_Art.png (220x255, 70K)

Wait and buy Shadow pc

vm or wine
both shit compare to windows primery host machin
if you do games photoshop etc stick with the botnet you dont have a choice

TUX RACER
That's all you need