Any good alternative to Snort on Windows?

Any good alternative to Snort on Windows?

Attached: snort.png (600x327, 14K)

ANSWER ME FAGGOTS

NOW

HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Osaf.jpg (317x699, 183K)

>security products
>on widows
ahahahahahahahaha

no u

>not knowing what snort actually is
you're the idiot here

doesn't it already work on windows? why do you need an alternative?

why not run it on your router?

brapps.

Well, technically it SHOULD work but it is buggy as hell. It gives random errors that don't make sense and then works the other second. For me it doesn't load the preprocessors and the whole rule imporation shit does not work.

Elaborate pls.

>Elaborate pls.
ok user, giving you the benefit of the doubt

from the wiki:
Snort is a free open source network intrusion detection system (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS)

So it would make sense to secure your network at the perimeter. As your network is what is referred to as a stub netowork (one way in, one way out), it would make sense to use the network security tool at the point where your private network joins the public internet
simultaneously, by securing your network at the router, you secure all your devices on your network.

oh, sorry to hear that
I remember using snort on a windows xp vm through vmware in uni and it worked perfectly. so if push comes to shove, you could always try windows xp

>brapps
What

yeah ok, wasn't sure what you meant by "run it on your router". In my case it's not about establishing a permanent protection so it didn't really make sense in that context.

An intrusion based detection system. Why would you run one on a Windows machine

in that case, you should use a vpn to a secure network, which has Snort running.
this prevents injection, etc.

Pfsense with suricata can use snort rules

As I said it's just for a short test. Running an IDS on a Windows machine is of course a bit retarded.

>intrusion based detection system
lol

Meant intrusion detection system. IDS. Sorry I'm phoneposting

Most security professionals use Windows. The best security tools only run on Windows (e. g. Nessus, Armitage, Acunetix).
t. CISSP-certified auditor
I'm assuming you wanna use it to analyze captures. The best software in town is SolarWinds.

Your mom

Is this bait? CISSP is a joke.

Also all of those tools have Linux versions.

>the best security tools only run on Windows
Get a load of this guy

Cissp isn't a security professional
If you aren't finding 0day you aren't doing security

>short test
don't you mean a
SNORT TEST

Suricata on PfSense. It makes a great IDS+Firewall.