Is raspberry pi the best way to emulate on the big screen for cheap or is there a better chink alternative?

Is raspberry pi the best way to emulate on the big screen for cheap or is there a better chink alternative?
>wow FAG op is asking Jow Forums for vidya advice
yeah im looking for none meme answers

Attached: ambientmonkeysounds.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9OooT1Xbnbs
filthypants.blogspot.com/2017/03/raspberry-pi-240p-composite-output.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Raspberry Pi is cheap and has plenty of support
There are better options in terms of grunt such as an Nvidia shield or other Chinese SBCs but something like a shield is rather expensive and other SBCs may not have great support but might be able to do more than a Pi

>retro gayming

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

the raspi is the only SBC I know of that has native 240p composite out (the 3.5 jack can output video w/ a zune cable like pic relate). that's a big plus if you want to use a CRT without any extra fuckery.

with that said, do any anons know of another SBC that can play n64 at full speed that have a composite or component out?

Attached: raspberry_pi_277-00.jpg (1024x768, 75K)

use a better SBC or desktop computer and one of these converters if you insist on using an old CRT

youtube.com/watch?v=9OooT1Xbnbs

mister fpga

Inb4 the huge fags

Just buy it OP it's worth the annoying set up

I have one

>Check out my i3 gaps setup on Arch, dude!

Attached: 1537529551815.gif (413x243, 51K)

an old phone?
retroarch is multi platform faggot

Yes, a laptop. Rpis are cool but they're over hyped. Unless you're using the GPIO there are more likely better and faster ways to do whatever you're trying to achieve.

I thought it was 480i, and you needed an extra board for 240p.

>tfw you are currently retro gaming on your arch+i3 setup

Attached: 9037B6F6-BBE6-43E2-AA24-BEFC818C5087.jpg (358x373, 42K)

>making fun of people by comparing them to the pic related
>implying it's supposed to be an insult
>implying it's actually a bad to be a skinny bearded glasses-wearing O-face-making basedboy
t. retarded muscle-men who probably lift weights and fuck girls all day instead of contributing to society

The pi is more fun imop. But a firestick 4k would work too.

Pretty sure you can emulate anything bellow PS3 with an Athlon 200ge.

unironically this even though I fit more in the latter category

Odroid Xu4 is a lot better because of moar processing power. If you phase it out from this use, its also the better gigabit ethernet NAS.

I guess the best chinese made emulator boxes would be more powerful windows x86_64 boxes.

(cont'd)
BTW or a Ryzen 2200g/2400g is also a good plan. Can still be built fairly compact, fairly cheaply (okay, it costs a multiple, but it's not going to be one of the big yearly life expenses at all), and they also don't consume very much power.

nope, it does 240p using the barrel jack (since Q1 2017). filthypants.blogspot.com/2017/03/raspberry-pi-240p-composite-output.html?m=1
but it does have small issues, perfectly usable though. hats can do scart perfectly though

If you've ever used Linux you know support is 10x more important than power. Do you want to spend your time getting some frankenshit working? Some people like the challenge but otherwise just get spoon-fed rpi solutions

East Asian legume extract consumers detected

>implying it's actually a bad to be a skinny bearded glasses-wearing O-face-making basedboy
yes, it is a bad thing. jesus you GNU-males are something else

If you want to get up from the PC and play in the living room, yes. Hands down this is the best way. Any controller, any rom, any emulator core. Tons of support and options, my only complaint is, unless your grabbing a pre made image, setting up controllers, audio and actually loading the ROMs is a huge pain.

Rpsberry Pi is fine.
In fact, it may be preferable considering all you have to do is load Retropi and you're literally done.

Anything else and it's going to either require money, modding/hacking, or both.

Not to mention, anything above PS1/N64, and it's going to require a lot of individual tweaking per game. Or at least it did, not sure now. It would be nice if you could download community profiles or something.

Orange Pi
$16

>yes, it is a bad thing.
No, it's not. There's literally nothing wrong with being weak and a nerd

Odroid xu4 does a great job with everything up to about n64

>modern gaming
honestly, gaming is pretty blue pilled but retro is preferable to modern. modern offers nothing new except the following: online features, drm, streamlined and dumbed down, expensive hardware requirements. go get drm'd, nigger

Attached: 179087.gif (1920x1080, 2.12M)

but the RiPi3 cant do dolphin or pcsx2. they have great libraries.