/mkg/ - Mechanical Keyboard General

/mkg/ - Boxing Day Bonus Shilling: 32$ memeboard edition

>gboards.ca , OOFMYWALLET at CO
>what do you have
>what do you want
>why did you have to buy a keyboard with browns because you couldnt use one with clears since you still live at your basement
>why is this placebo
>why are you poor and you have to chose a keyboard with chink cherry mx knockoffs
>why do you type faster at your rubber dome $5 keyboard
>why did you spent your paycheck on those fancy keycaps
>why did you spent $200 in a keyboard and you aren't able to touchtype
>why haven't you been to gboards.ca

Attached: 9wvou0zt9m621.jpg (2448x2448, 549K)

Other urls found in this thread:

typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for 75% 84 key boards.
The best layout, no contest.

Sounds good, thanks. Not trying to be spoonfed, but could you point me towards good PCBs? I've already decided on Kailh Box Reds, now I need to look into casings.

>gboards.ca
Theres not much of interest there

DZ60 is alright. Very customizable layout, runs QMK, has various official cases.

Post your typing speed and your keyboard
>Logitech G105
When I upgrade I'm gonna get that extra 0.1%

Attached: Typing speed.png (633x530, 54K)

Around 105-110 wpm.
>No brand $2 rubber dome

Wait DZ60 does QMK? RIght on!

What's the best TKL money can buy with RGB that I don't have to assemble myself like a caveman?

That cooler master one

Link?

typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/

Are optical switches a meme?

If I get a Gergo ready, am I able to put that trackball on it?

First try, shitty laptop keyboard
I don't think keyboard quality affects typing speed at all though, unless the keys were resisting actuation or something

Attached: test.png (612x192, 38K)

test

Yeah and it comes with two of them ready to go!

What's the difference between reds and clears?

Depends on if you mean cherry or gateron. If it's the latter then clears just have a lighter spring. With the former clears are tactile with a heavy bottom out & reds are a light linear.

done with my trusty, shitty rgb trust :^)

Attached: chrome_iNvHxh7hUJ.png (531x74, 7K)

I just finished ripping my Gergo apart to change out the shitbox razers to my proper gat clears.

If you're going with Gat clears you are going to need orings. You will bottom out, and when you smash a key, it's going to hurt.

Downside of it is that any other keyboard will feel like work. Even goddamn membranes.

so why doesn't the memeboard just use all 1u keys

Probably a Ducky One 2 TKL RGB or IKBC MF87

Because fuck that, I like having a bit of space for my memefingers to land on for modifiers. Also reminds me of wings instead of utilitarian rectangles. You can replace them with 1us though, same with the paddles.

Might look a little wonky.

Attached: 48967492_280231999343777_8892354724053909504_n.jpg (2448x3264, 505K)

You mean Novatouch?

Novatouch didn't have backlighting, let alone RGB. He probably meant the Masterkeys Pro S.

Is that one good? Or would the corsair k63 be better?

>corsair k63
I meant k65, sorry.

If you want RGB then get either Ducky for their superior build quality, or cooler master for their superior software.

I'd get a CM or Ducky over Corsair any day, mostly because FUCK Corsair's non-standard bottom row.

I cannot find Ducky in Europe unless I'm willing to buy an extremely overpriced one

The other thread's not dead yet guys.

Attached: hud9.jpg (1800x1200, 756K)

>extremely overpriced one
How much?

Alternate has them for €135-€140 depending on switch type, Candykeys has them for €150. That's pretty fair.

A Ducky Shine 6 RGB goes for 250€ here

The 6 is discontinued, go figure. The 7 is the new model.

Thank you SO much for the sites. I think I'm gonna preorder the Ducky One 2 Mini with Speed Silver keycaps. What do you think? This would be my first mechanical keyboard :)

Speed silver switches are pretty damn light and easy to make typos on, and I myself like to have dedicated arrow keys for a couple of gaymes, but it's a solid prebuilt 60% that comes with PBT keycaps from the factory and has rainbow lights. Could do a lot worse.

is gboards guy around?
what shipping service are you using?, local beaner mail sucs and DHL rapes me with handling fees.

Tenkeyless was my initial choice but then I found out about this mini layout and it's exactly my type because I never use the arrow keys and I like minimalistic stuff! I play mostly games where I have to click the same key many times fast like a,a,a,s,a,a,a very fast, I thought Speed caps would be good for that what do you think?

It'll probably serve you fine, you know your own wants and needs better than I do after all. Silver switches probably won't make a huge difference for your actual gaming performance but they're great if you want a light key feel.

He said Canada Post, not sure what that translates into once it leaves his country

Thanks again for the help and patience, user. Happy holidays :)

Yeah CP, it's cheap and I have a business account I can use. :D

yeah that should be local post here in mexico, well that's a 50/50 chance of loosing the fucking package, thanks fren

Nice user. This is pretty sweet

It's better as is with the bigger keys

thanks buddo, I don't need another board but the lain print and track ball got me

wait what, I just ordered, how do I get the 2 trackballs?

Oh man wait until the mods start coming out! It's also extremely comfy. Try it with clears and rings

>it's
>cheap
CP is like the only service where I consistently have to pay $15-$20 for the most ridiculous shit. CP charges like $20 to ship a single keyswitch to me. CP is the gayest postal service I have ever seen used by anyone in any country. My own jewish as fuck Royal Mail can ship a "small parcel" which can handily fit a gergo or a box of a a couple hundred switches for about £5, which is like $7, to Canada, in 5-7 business days. Whenever I buy from the US I pay $5-$10 in shipping. Needless to say China has free shipping on 90% of things and the rest of the time it's like $5. But Canada Post, fucking Canada Post, always charges at least $15 for the tiniest shit.

Fuck Canada Post.

Wait there's different trackballs?

Colour wise yeah. There's some photos on the site, it's candy coloured as hell.

Business accounts man. It's like half the price and pretty dank

Topre.

>Business accounts man. It's like half the price and pretty dank
Well apparently that means consumer shipping costs $40 for a tiny package like a keyswitch or a 40% pcb? Because I'm talking about what I see when ordering from businesses.

No it means the gov has limited the minimum price that competition can operate at. It's fucked but it is what it is.

So that's what the gergo ready will look like?

Where can I get *good* PBT keycaps on the cheap? My ABS keycaps are starting to shine and feel greasy.

aliexpress

anything in specific?

Where are the boxing day sales?

Smack that code in at checkout. Instant 30% off :)

Yeah, but with a black PCB. Same caps!

I'm off to bed, it's been a fuck of a day. I'll be around later boys

is that it?
only one shop doing a sale?

I generally do a bit better on 10fastfingers but this isn't too bad

Attached: 2018-12-26-175929_641x587_scrot.png (641x587, 72K)

oh yeah and my board is a pok3r with cherry mx greens

Whats the best full sized keyboard money can buy?

Getting sick of my TKL

Attached: watch-angel-olsen-s-new-quotsisterquot-video-angel-olsen.jpg (960x637, 78K)

A fully restored F107

This to be honest, the thing is 10lbs of cast zinc and steel.

people might say beamsprings, but honestly those switches are too tall for normal use. If you can make a custom desk where the keyboard sits recessed in then definitely go for that. I do prefer beamsprings over buckling springs, but I don't have enough autism for them so I went with an F107 instead

how do i switch a tada68 to nkro mode
i just had to replace one and i remember doing this on my old one, it's some key combination that's not part of the regular firmware

anyone know what the fuck i'm talking about?

Is it running qmk? If so try holding both shift keys + n.

it's stock, i don't know what they use, but that was it, thanks
there a list of similar combinations anywhere?

qmk website/docs theoretically has mostly everything, I don't remember if they have a neatly compiled list of keys like that.

you mean this?

Attached: 2018-12-27-02:38:24_938x349_scrot.png (938x349, 47K)

Are there any silent choc switches? In general, how are linear chocs?

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

Every mechanical keyboard I've gotten eventually ends up getting key chatter. I've tried Corsair, HyperX, and even Razer. Every single once eventually gets key chatter.

What keyboard can you recommend that doesn't have this issue?

Get something with hall effect or laser switches.

look at the post above yours

Topres are rated for 50 million keypress without key chatter, while MX based switches are rated for 0. That's right key chatter is an inherent design flaw in all contact based switches. Many people get triggered that a rubber dome is more durable then cherry MX trash, but their triggered anger is misplaced. They should be laughing at cherry for releasing such a horrible product, but their buyers remorse prevents them from seeing the facts that a rubber dome is better built then their $200 custom MX trash keyboard

You literally listed three of the worst brands you could buy. Get a Leopold or like others have said, Topre.

Thanks for the advice. Do topres still feel clicky? I honestly don't think I can go back to any keyboard that feels like a rubber membrane.

No, they're just a fancy rubber dome.

Topres are tactile switches. They're more tactile then MX browns, but that's not saying much. Depending on which route you go they can be even more tactile then cherry clears.

you can just get a HHKB for like ~150 bucks from japan then mod it, and even if you don't like it you can sell it on reddit for 150

Time to share your endgame wishes.

Keyboards:
Ducky Mini with Silver case, ISO-UK, Red-Blue LEDs and MX-Blue (sentimental value)
ZZ96
KBD75
IBM Model F62 Kishsaver
IBM Model F122
Novatouch
Ergodox
Massdrop CTRL

Keysets:
GMK Terminal
GMK Red Samurai
GMK 9009
SA Round 6
SA Danger Zone
EnjoyPBT Black on Grey

Attached: 476857856785.jpg (2449x1632, 523K)

that's just beautiful

Thanks. The rshift and backspace are misaligned in this picture, but I've fixed them since.

what switches are you using on it?

who else here #fastasfuck

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-26_23-08-17.png (628x410, 37K)

>those basic bitch wishes

Attached: iag.png (950x1050, 905K)

68g vintage blacks

sorry, my guy

that's hot

user.. i don't think that's #fastasfuck

I'm getting a durgod k320, options are either MX reds, silent reds or speed silvers. I have reds currently ordered but I can change it. For reference I really like light switches, light as possible. Smoothness and lightness are the most important aspects.

What do you guys recommend?

Attached: 1545414980081.png (1373x833, 59K)

thats the joke you humorless fag

they feel like a toilet plunger, I'm not even joking

That genuinely sounds awful.

I like my cm pro S, but wish I had gotten browns instead of blues.

This is my second cooler master keyboard and they feel really solid / well built. Also what's nice is that they have a white backplane so the backlight shows up well.