Dear CS majors who shit on self-taught devs

Dear CS majors who shit on self-taught devs,
It’s great that you paid thousands of dollars to learn about binary trees and understand the complexities of discrete math and science. You know what I did? Googled that shit and am now living my best life, debt free. But continue...

Attached: giphy.gif (500x326, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

doc.lagout.org/science/0_Computer Science/2_Algorithms/Introduction to Algorithms_ A Creative Approach [Manber 1989-01-11].pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jokes on you, I went to college for free.

eternally BTFO

Good luck getting a promotion and being looked down on for the rest of your professional career due to no education.

*Block your path*

Attached: 220px-Clrs3.jpg (220x248, 15K)

I wish this was possible where I live. Every job demands either a degree or years of experience.

COPE

I got about half a degree. I did most of the core classes, then got hired at a nice paying job before finishing my degree. I know there's some stuff I missed out on, and I would personally recommend college/uni, but I wouldn't say it's mandatory for every programmer.

I do graphics programming so I kinda need the math background and even do a lot of studying even today, I personally feel like I'm always playing catch up on mathematics.

Oops, kinda trailed off and forgot my point. My point is that no one really cares about your degree or lack of. But you yourself will probably constantly care a lot if you don't have one.

try being black

>Black belt in sucking cock

>Jokes on you, I went to college for free.
Lmfao this.

>be black
>hr hires you with no interview
>undeserved promotion after 3 months
yes, you have it so hard DeMarcus

Most HRs use filters and keyword searches to sift through candidates, so that will likely make you lose lots of potential opportunities. Doesn't mean you can't be successful without, though.

>not having subsidized higher education and thus both CS degree AND debt-free

black people don't get hired because of racist white interviewers. especially in today. Trump's movement seems to have made a lot of white men racist.

Al Gore Rhythms

Is this a copypasta or is the user posting this in 3 different threads actually retarded?

> implying trump didn't just provide a minor correction to the medias attempt to shift the overton window to the left

Remember when the stock market crashed because everybody made shitty algorithms.

You majored in that shit and still failed to profit.

>tfw my company paid for school

Attached: laughing_elf_man.jpg (191x264, 9K)

This is not movie like good will hunting world

*Blocks your breathing*

Attached: TAOCP_vol1_3rd_ed.jpg (826x928, 301K)

>your future is determined by Find in page, Highlight All
kinda deperessing

imagine working in fucking CS instead of EE

Only relevant in 2018 for people too poor/NEET to pay for RAM.

Education is free in first world countries

Please get the fuck off this board.

the problem with programming:
it very easy and not require learning
some people can some can't, it just genetic

Attached: NIGGER_NACI.jpg (360x480, 85K)

I was paid to get a CS degree.

>paying for education

Attached: 1536422358785.jpg (720x644, 53K)

>cs shitting on self taught
in your dreams.
Learning will ALWAYS be superior to being taught.

>middleschool-tier book with font for moles
>blocking anyone's path
You should read that book so you know how shit it is, instead of pretending. Fucking retard, the book has 0 material on dynamic optimality, cache-oblivious and many other elementary topics.

You don't even k of what CS is, right? We barely learned how to program at University lmfao, that's something you gotta teach yourself anyway unless you're visiting some kind of crap "university" that misunderstood the concept of CS.

......... well that's some dumb dumb thinking.

Masters of a craft/trade/skill/practice _must_ pass down their knowledge in order to keep progressing the trade itself. Those who do not receive mentorship in some form or another will continually run the risk of being in the shadows of those that do. This can be through academia, work, or through a true mentor.

Your attitude shows that you have barely begun on a path towards mastery in any sector. Keep it pleb user.

You can learn all the math by yourself if you want, just as you learned programming. /sci/ wiki is great.

I can also learn how to perform a vasectomy by watching YouTube videos.

In terms of actually learning, no, you definitely don't need a college degree. Bisqwit doesn't have one, yet knows more than 99% of CS grads out there.
Bur unfortunately some positions do require a college degree, no matter how much shit you actually know

That's the whole point of college: it's getting the piece of paper to open doors, not learning.
That said, credentialism is absolutely crazy right now. I don't blame anyone who lies on their resume, cheats in college, etc. as long as they do know their shit.

You would realize there is no irony in your post if you saw the current state of medical school in America.

Jokes on you , I don't live in Burgerland and I didn't pay anything for my 5 year long studies and my CompSci degree.

But it's still great that you enjoy your life user , I hope only the best for you!

Were you able to take Linear Algebra before you got hired?

How about Calc 3? Do you use it often?

I bet you actually could.

>tfw they could have had the sex scene from the original script but the parents objected

it's about time i got my shit together and finished the 2 years of college left, but it looks like a recession is coming up.

Is it gonna be bad for devs? Or is this industry more insulated?

That's the point.

this

>do a lot of studying even today
I've always felt like this should be much more sought for. I don't remember what I've learned a year ago if I don't use it in my work. Not sure how math classes passed 5-10 years ago are of any relevance at all.

>go to CS uni for 2 years
>fail
>whever ill just go to an easier one, its free anyway
>finish 3 years, already working in huge international company
>get paid to work around the world
>actually dont do shit most of the days
>come back home and waste money on tech and more traveling
>lol good thing i dont have student debt
>EU is pretty cool

>EU
>student debt
Where outside of the UK?

Enjoy the pay ceiling you'll hit as we can go back to school and get our masters in only a couple years.

>i dont have
maybe my phrasing was weird
but yea i can spend my money on shit like VR and huge tvs

HOLY FUCK HOW IS ANYONE RESPONDING TO THIS TWITTER COPYPASTA WITH A STRAIGHT FACE

I did not, I got up to calc 2, which is why I always feel so behind since I'm always doing graphics programming. I ended up going through all the Khan academy material for linear algebra and all their calculus material. I think it's helped a ton.

My boss seems to appreciate how much studying I've done on my own, because I'm getting large yearly raises and bonuses, as well as stock in the company.

if you went to school to learn how to code, you probably aren't a good programmer

You go to school to learn fundamentals.

You don't learn "how to be a doctor" by going to medical school, you learn the fundamentals. The basic requirements for the job. You only learn how to be a doctor by being a doctor for years.

It's the same with CS. You learn the necessary knowledge and how to apply it. You learn how to be a programmer by programming and taking critic from your peers.

The autodidact meme is hilarious to me. Have fun being essentially a pajeet for the rest of your life while I get cocaine, money, and bitches.
Loser!

what a cutie
how old is she?

Dear cs majoooors, I binary trees. What now?

Attached: 1545930030267596875762.jpg (1000x749, 501K)

She's using fucking safari

Taking the bait cause boredom I guess. Or because morons actually think this.
Totally taking the bait here but: how often does someone who's "self-taught"? actually learn about CS beyond code monkeying? If I got an application from someone who self-taught themselves, do I want to take that chance on someone who will inevitably be missing skills like ?

>tfw self taught and now doing CS

Attached: 1541975752004.jpg (500x478, 181K)

Jokes on you i took out a goverment lone which will be reimbursed by either govermnet/parents

Attached: 1544070947647.jpg (203x240, 7K)

Bro, how many binary trees did you even made?

Whats a better book for algorithms ?
Im going into cs in Feb and havent got a clue where to start
Plus this fucking double nigger of a book is 1.5k pages or some shit

I just started, i have to learn a new language and relearn all the concepts i thougth i already knew + i have to find a job and live on my own, life is pain

gib samantha john gf

Attached: 1536989292649.jpg (468x431, 17K)

Jokes/bait aside learning about binary trees is a tiny part of the theory you learn in CS. People who go "muh binary trees are ez so I know CS now" are only showing off how little they know

somebody is teaching you either way, most youtube videos are trash and barelly teach you a single concept in 10min
using a dictionary from your language or following a book is the same as doing CS just without a piece of paper at the end which gets you a foot in the door

>paid [...] to learn
lmao I'm not gonna pay to go to school, on the contrary, I'm paid to go to school

I don't know where binary trees are used except in examples for data structures and how to traverse trees.

>I'm paid to go to school
Its because you re the janitor.

Hah, nah, just a student

The only four CS classes you need:
>Intro to Programming
>Data Structures
>Algorithms

And all of these you can learn by reading a textbook

that's xcode you fucking retard

Haha, it was a ruse! I know know you're a macfag

Retard

Good for you user.

I went to school in Europe, socialized with peers and made great friends, and graduated debt-free.

How?

It's Europe.

>operating systems
>software engineering
>security
>networking
Cmon user, I focused on theory and I still know you can't be a dev with just those three classes

You're right on security and maybe OS, but actual dev and networking you should learn on your own time.

>Teach self before going to uni
>Don't waste time learning muh for loops and if statements
>Spend 3 years learning about actual useful shit
>Come out a superautist with my ass over the hiring barrel waiting for my shit to be pushed in
The best timeline

Amazing book
doc.lagout.org/science/0_Computer Science/2_Algorithms/Introduction to Algorithms_ A Creative Approach [Manber 1989-01-11].pdf

This. In fact, I made money from college.

>paying for university
We aren't all Americans here.
Probably gonna start lending money from the state soon though for 0.34 rent, can be good to have for a future house purchase.
Being a commiecuck never felt more comfy

Attached: smug anime girl with pepe clothes.png (810x793, 576K)

Tell me more.

Is this about the Romeo & Julia movie with them ditties

>he didn't get paid to go

>do I want to take that chance on someone who will inevitably be missing skills like
You shouldn't. There are thousands of highly educated Indians who have exquisite credentials from the finest schools that you can hire. Quite cheaply too!
Self-taught programmers make stuff, that's how they learned. Educated programmers took classes. The only thing you know is that they took a class. If you're hiring programmers and your first question isn't "so, what interesting things have you built?" you've fucked up.

Arn't black chokers symbols of dick sucking?

this

According to the normies on my facebook, they're black belts in sucking dick

You can't Google math knowledge, but it's easy to teach yourself.

ITT: People with a very clear inferiority complex towards people with actual education

Seriously thou, all programmers are to some extent self taught as programming is very much a learning-by-doing kind of activity. The only real difference between "self-taught" and academically educated programmers is that the academically educated ones are taught the theory behind it all, making it easier to move from one language/API/etc. to another doing the same thing.

Not that "self-taught" programmers are always useless or less useful than academically-taught ones, but not having the theoretical background supporting their practical skills they are at a disadvantage in a number of regards when compared to academically educated ones. Particularly when it comes to very mathematical applications "self-taught" programmers can be very much unsuited for the job due to not having the knowledge their academically educated peers is well familiar with.

All in all an engineer/programmer is supposed to be a versatile problem solver and this is the reason why CS and Comp. Eng. programs include all that theoretical stuff like the maths, algorithms and so on.

I studied Comp. Eng. and we shared a whole lot of courses with the CS people, but they still had plenty of courses where the course assignments were literally programming. The fist 12-18 months may be a hell of a lot of maths and other theory, but once those code-heavy courses start there's a lot of them.

The meme about CS people not knowing how to program is really just based on people who quit because they thought CS was code money school or are basing their perceptions on CS students in the first two years. Shit. some of the best programmers I've worked with have specifically been CS graduates.

My government paid me to go, employed me in the field while I was studying and I left with a master's degree and enough saved to pay the first 5% of the mortgage of my apartment.
I didn't even spend time looking for work as several companies approached me before I was done to offer me a job.
But continue lecturing me on how you didn't have to go to a university and network with people in the field.

this:

god I hope so

Attached: file.jpg (736x1064, 90K)

>living my best life
Reminder that this post was made by a paid shill. (((they))) are really pushing this phrase lately

This is top tier bait

I also don't live in a third world country like the US.

She sure is

Attached: file.jpg (1777x755, 78K)

30 or 40 something I think.
Would adopt as daughterfu if she was that age tho

i want to nakadashi matilda