wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread

Attached: hpg.png (992x1488, 815K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for stax

staxlets on suicide watch

Attached: katzendynamic.jpg (750x726, 38K)

for people who listen to niggerbass music and classical, harman target curve is holy grail.
whay headphone with most harman in it?

stax

Posting again.

>Around $200-$250 CAD
>Canada
>Computer
>Full sized
>Closed
>Irrelevant
>V-shaped/bright/bassy. Whichever is the best quality for my budget, I'll take. I don't necessarily have a strong preference to one of those unless V-shaped can truly outdo the others.
>I've used DT 770 Pros, ATH m50x and others that I can't remember. This was a while ago.

I'm looking to use my headphones for games and music mostly. I typically enjoy a well rounded sound. Bass is appreciated but so is treble. I tend to lean toward v-shape but I also like bright/bassy or even neutral headphones. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking of just getting DT 770's again, but if anyone can give me a reason not to or tell me why ATH m50x might suit me better, that would be very appreciated.

>>Best electrostatic Stax headphones sound worse than average dynamic "mid-fi" cans
>>
>>$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
>>aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Why best Stax electrostats sound worse than cheapo dynamic cans?

Attached: 15191455799340.jpg (800x480, 42K)

Custom one pro and Canadians get the rope

nice try but no harman bass.

>/hpg/
man u guys r such virgins...
come ovr 2 the cools guys... over @ /iemg/...

Butthurt samefagging parrot nostaxer sapphire on suicide watch

urbanfun ts1

sticking dildos in your ears doesn't count as losing your virginity

Where are her feet?

/iemg/ is just chink shill.

Alright, /hpg/. The year's drawing to a close. What's the one thing you're most happy with picking up this year?

For me it'd be Fostex TR-X00's. They may be mid-fi but this is pretty much the exact sound signature I love.

Why Custom One Pro over DT 770?

k7xx master race

L300LE

Is this stax? They sound bad.....

L700, the best headphone in existence.

Attached: 7b9473c7.jpg (762x635, 63K)

My Lambda Nova Signature and SRM-006t best audio purchase I've ever made

Attached: 20181217_211507.jpg (4032x1960, 2.56M)

Are the pads actually gel?

I've decided to go with DT 770's again. Will I need an amp to get the most use out of the 80 ohm version on a computer or am I better fit to go with the 32 ohm version?

>the best headphone in existence
>stax
lmao

Make way.

Attached: beyer macht frei.jpg (1274x716, 53K)

'lmao'

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

This Stax incel has a severe case of post-purchase rationalization. Stax are objectively garbage though.

Because stax is an audiophool meme.

nostax incels outed as schizo maniacs, locked up in state penitentiary

(You)

>stax incels outed as schizo maniacs, locked up in state penitentiary

Attached: 15218924824260.jpg (398x500, 23K)

where were you when nostax incels were BTFO and stax were proven to be the objectively best headphones in existence?

Attached: 1515092054383.png (861x758, 26K)

>the objectively best headphones in existence
>sound worse than $200 akgs
kek

this nostax incel is lost, help him find his way back to sbaf

Stax incels on suicide watch

How much will I be losing out if I use DT 770's 80 ohm without an amp on my computer? Is it better to go with 32 ohm in that case?

Nothing.

You're absolutely certain? I'm not at all concerned with using these on my phone. I have a separate pair for that. You're saying my computer will power the 80 ohm perfectly fine without an amp?

Lol they make 30om DT my 10$ headphones are 60om

>hide sapphire posts
>report sapphire posts
>do not reply to sapphire posts

Attached: 98A499B1-1776-4DE7-AE96-1F7C2B71A6BA.png (680x1360, 1.05M)

I am getting an amp with my 250ohms. I can tell you if I notice a difference. I doubt you will be missing much from the 80 ohms though.

They're memory foam

Average motherboard should power 80 Ohm Beyers perfectly fine.

Thank you.

it's still loud, even on phone.
but i highly reocmmend 32 ohm version, 80 ohm is different soundthing than 32 and 250 ohm version.

I've tried both. Custom One sounds better in general. More bass and you it's adjustable so you can have more or less. Changes the overall soundstage so it's nice and fun to have when listening to different genres. Really makes a huge difference.

How come? I hear the 80 ohm has heavier bass but still overall better quality than 32ohm

Its worse you retard

personal experience and actual measurements.
i think 32 ohm version has identical sound signature to 250 and 600 ohm. and 80 ohm is different.

>more ohms
>more bass
Hurrr

No, I've read tons of reviews and they all say 80ohm is the bassiest of the version, including 250ohm

I don't own the beyers but I tried them once on my music player and my portable music player wasn't capable of driving them, meanwhile I got the HD280pro and those even though loose some bass on my portable music player they work reasonably .
WIth this I conclude that the dt 770 pro seem harder to drive even though they are about the same impedance 64ohm for the Sennheisers. WIth this I mean that the beyers misbehave more when there's not enough current.
My HD280pro sound OK on SOME motherboards and absolute trash on some, I tried on 2 asus and a toshiba laptop which it worked well, but I also tried on one HP laptop and one HP desktop and they sound pretty bad on those.
Keep in mind that the Beyers seem harder to drive than the Sennheisers.
So basically what I'm saying is that it depends on the computer.

I larped once too

The music shop you where in was noisy or the demo station had a shit amp

They're fine without an amp. If you plan on getting 250 ohm Beyer cans then you will definitely need an amp. 80 ohm should be okay on a decent desktop, but don't expect to get the best from it when plugging into your phone.

Attached: 1533787219514.jpg (736x1285, 101K)

Thanks guys. I decided to go with 80 ohm.

Are velour and memory foam ear pads a meme?

Attached: 1535643543959.png (355x355, 104K)

>velour
Not really
>memory foam
Depends on the manufacturer

are you watching pokemon on twitch too?

maybe he referring to M version.

Attached: dt770.jpg (1356x834, 163K)

I'm looking into some replacement earpads for my M50x and was wondering what manufacturer to go for.
Is Brainwavz a reputable brand? And is $20 too steep for velour memory foam pads?

Attached: 1521085524910.png (300x299, 37K)

THEY ARE COMFY

Brainwavz is very popular on here.

What the fuck is that graph even.

Is that basically saying the M requires a lot more power, and the 80 requires a little more than 250?

it's frequency response graph, not sensitivity.
also it's normalized around 4k

If you don't know how to read freq response graphs you're in the wrong general

let me read it for you.
M 80 ohm is sounds boomy compared to pro 80 ohm.

>velour
*sniffs* yummy.

Can you fuck off already you third world piece of shit? No one wants to see your obnoxious sniff sniff sniff posts. Take your disgusting fetish somewhere else.

Oh so 80 pro is well balanced.

yes,also it has identical sound signature to 250 ohm version.

I wasn't the one who started it user but it's a good meme.

>le meme! xD
Please go to reddit and stay there if you want le funni maymays xD.

Sorry*sniffs*you're angry user. *sniffs*

I'm pretty sure it's a stax incel expressing his sexual energy accumulated through all these years without a woman

Kill yourself.

I'm reading about how frequency response and it seems like overall, the dt770s are a meh headphone. It looks like a good, or perfect, headphone should look like pic related.

Attached: 2018-12-26 23_34_39-Untitled - Paint.png (666x479, 8K)

good troll

Not identical. 80 Ohm have a little more bass and a little less treble. You can see it on the graph and the same thing was told by Beyerdynamic themselves.

Looks like a headphone with no bass. Yikes.

You can just EQ to compensate for the freq response.

mud. ugh.

Is EQ actually useful? I thought that shit was a joke.

it's incredibly useful when you use it properly

>EQ is a joke
Why exactly would you believe this?

You're quite cute when you are angry.

Okay I watched a video now I know everything. I re-did the perfect headphones graph.

Attached: kjj.png (1140x780, 5K)

Because throughout the years of phone use and pathetic music player apps, the EQ hs always been shit.

You’d be quite cute hanging from a tree with a noose around your neck you disgusting piece of shit.

thanks for posting the stax frequency response but we already knew

If you think phone EQ presets are the epitome of EQ then just stick to apple earpods because they’re the epitome of headphones.

Personally I think it would like like the inverse of pic related. That's an equal loudness contour for the human ear. If you invert that you should have a perfectly flat headphone.

Attached: Perceived_Human_Hearing.png (1920x1231, 82K)

I have no idea what else does EQ. Amps?

Please spend some time reading the wiki link in the OP before continuing to post. Thank you.

there is different curve for different spl, user.

I noticed sometimes in games and stuff when a voice clip stops playing I'll hear a quiet "click" sound, like the connection to my DAC cuts off or something. Any way to fix this? It's not a huge deal and I usually don't notice unless I'm listening for it, also only affects a few games but figured I'd ask

> gaming
You want the DT880, open/semi back gives so much more accuracy in games.

It does not. Stop misleading people degenerate.

let me guess, you use Topping