the patrician's choice™

Attached: logo.png (201x250, 5K)

I prefer software that works and is secure

>I prefer software that works
works on my machine™
>and is secure
it is as secure as any other distros around as far as i can tell

That's not LTS Xubuntu

This. I don't see how it'd be anymore unstable than Arch. That said, I prefer Arch as a "bleeding edge" distro.

Been using it for a couple of months, doesn't seem that unstable to me. Haven't had anything go wrong yet

Even unstable is outdated as fuck. Debian is nice because of apt but shit because you cant get any up to date software without breaking your repo system, and ubuntu is unapologetic trash.

Funtoo or death...

>source based
die
t. poorfag

This.

>That said, I prefer Arch as a "bleeding edge" distro.
most people thinks that arch is "designed to be rolling" and debian unstable is "for testing purposes only", but i don't see any actual difference apart from that

>Does sid have security updates?
Not in the same sense that stable does. If the maintainer of a package fixes a security bug and uploads the package, it'll go into sid by the normal means. If the maintainer doesn't do that, then it won't. The security team only covers stable
sure as shit doesnt sound as secure

Not really, I just want shit to work. Used to be into Slackware, Fedora, etc crap years ago. I grew out of it. You can install Chromium on Debian stable and there's the nonfree version with drivers included. Optimisation for a new installation is like 10 minutes for me with it then you just update occasionally.

>Debianfags will defend this

Attached: unknown.png (559x469, 215K)

>this thread is going to be a Jow Forums thread
i hate politics

>systemd

Attached: carl_middle_finger.png (810x688, 451K)

>Pointing out the Debian maintainers moronic decisions to ban a package they don't like for is tasteless name is akin to right wing politics
Please go play in traffic you cunt

I literally use Arch because I installed it a few years ago and can't be fucked distro hopping. Linux distros have to be the most autistic social constructs brag/whine about.

no, you hate politics you disagree with

no, i hate everything related to politics
myself included

>if I make fun of myself people on the internet will like me more!

you aren't funny. Please return to Jow Forumseddit

>social construct
fuck off commie

no jokes intended

No, Arch is the patrician choice for Truly Unstable Experience

kys retard

kek

>debian unstable
Isn’t in unstable?

You know testing and unstable are gonna slow and then stop their roll for the buster release due in six months don't you? Neither are gonna be moving off 4.18 since that's what the next stable is gonna have, fresh stuff is gonna come in from experimental only after the release.

Debianfag here. I will not defend this stupidity. That reminds me of the moment github deleted webm4retards because of the name. Still the package was fucking great.