Whats the best linux distro for old laptops?

whats the best linux distro for old laptops?

Attached: cooling-old-thinkpad-running-gentoo.jpg (1005x1787, 1.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

xfce.org
xubuntu.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Debian unstable, Arch if you're an autist

If you're a beginner lubuntu, otherwise void or arch

Debian stable nonfree version with the drivers included.

NetBSD. Linux is no longer good for old or embedded hardware.

Peppermint is comfy.

Attached: AA.18555756.1.jpg (500x491, 45K)

nice t500
xubuntu

Will I get the same performance as lubuntu on Ubuntu if I replace it’s DE with the one from lubuntu? Because lubuntu couldn’t boot on my laptop and Ubuntu just werkt but it’s slower than win7

You couldn't figure out how google search worked, I doubt you can manage a linux distro. Stick to windows

Arch based distros are lighter and less bloated than Debian based. And use a light wm like i3. If you must use a DE use lxqt. Try Manjaro i3 or lxqt

its a t61

Arch won't run on old laptops.

Artix with runit

Lubuntu

gentoo

SparkyLinux

Define old, and what's the specs?

>arch
>debian
Boomers.
Puppy Linux, LFS, or Tiny core linux.

Googledotcom

It depends on what you want to use that old laptop for. If it's just normal desktop use and easy time install. Lubuntu 16.

I don't know how old we are talking here. But if it's ancient. TinyCore, SliTaz or one of the Puppy distros

Ubuntu Mate or Debian with anything lighter than XFCE should suffice.

I have no idea what XFCE is or does sorry.

Slackware

XFCE is a desktop environment. If you don't know what it is due to being a beginner I recommend you try Xubuntu because it works out of the box.
>Xfce
xfce.org
>Xubuntu
xubuntu.org
Xubuntu runs great on my grandmother's 2gig of ram, dual core toaster. It is 32 bit though. If you have more than 3 gigs of ram and your cpu supports 64 bit go with 64 bit. If you don't like XFCE, I would give MATE, another desktop environment a try.