Programmers are importan-

>programmers are importan-

Attached: 1534968576591.jpg (900x789, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VVV4xeWBIxE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>this thread again

Attached: hitormiss.gif (1023x906, 3.07M)

machines are not needed to design and execute algorithms

just because you use a computer doesn't mean you belong in a tech board, so fuck off back to Jow Forums and Reddit.

WHY IS THE SPIRIT REALM CROSSING THROUGH WHAT CAUSED THIS

Attached: sdfsdfsdfsdf.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Give me ONE good reason why you haven't learned a trade yet.

Attached: DSC_1491.jpg (2160x3840, 2.17M)

does tin foil protect electronics from solar flares? Asking for a friend

You do realize backup generators and manually cranked generators exist? A solar flare wouldn't kill computers and regress society; it would just make it harder to use them.

I'm a engineer first and foremost, if computers become useless after a solar flare I can always move to another field of engineering.

Because I make much more programming.

What do the spirits want?

Attached: 1539288941561.jpg (1440x1022, 279K)

Obviously we have entered some kind of dimension where the probability that we know what is inside the internet is so low that the internet could literally contain anything thus making it a soft place. The only way for us to deal with it is to understand the nature of consciousness and to take control of our own minds and being.

Attached: 1533336707897.jpg (1024x800, 1.05M)

I did. Electrical and plumbing isn't difficult at all. Just gotta read up on some code and do a little apprenticeship. But it's not a ridiculous money printer like software, and I'm really good at designing clean architecture. So I'm doing that.
And I don't give a fuck how bad a solar flare we get. If it's not enough energy to burn us clean off the planet, we'll have basic infrastructure up in a few months in key areas. Carbureted engines will still function and rewinding a generator is straightforward work, so isolated electricity will be up in days. The b*sedboys will surely all perish (thank god) but anyone with a real brain and engineering mindset will be invaluable.

The hard part of technology was finding the right answers. It's a good thing we wrote that shit down in actual books. Enjoy the brief end of the world if it happens.

Just discovered my new waifu. God she is perfect.

I did, but the paycheck was garbage so I'm studying CS now :^)

Interesting, care to elaborate?

Attached: 1545674710376.jpg (204x218, 14K)

I think he specifically meant electrical machines as analog machines/devices would still work without electricity.

>post apocalyptic scenario
>programmers who know how to work old tech are treated like wizards
this is bad how?

Might be retarded here, but it shouldn't even really make it harder, it's not like a solar flare will just destroy every power plant ever, burn all fossil fuels, and zap all juice out of batteries. Water is one of our main methods of getting electricity, if we don't have water, our worries aren't gonna be fucking electricity. Tbf though, don't really understand solar flares or whatever

Truth

Attached: 17d7bbc29b55db7ea661b73c6f467819.gif (500x500, 365K)

correct but also you can execute algorithms yourself
for example go find all the used pencils in your desk drawer and sort them by length, if there are a lot of them you'll find that bruteforcing it doesn't work and you have to come up with a better strategy

Imagine only being useful to society when brainless machines are broken.

Attached: YOBA very comfy.jpg (512x512, 34K)

No, you can't protect from a strong enough solar flare.

>Lawyers are importan
>Bankers are importan
>Receptionists are importa
>Mechanics are importan
>Electricians are importan
Trades and skills are only useful in so far as there is a need for them, what's your point? That a carpenter in the desert is useless? Wow so profound.

Traditional whore behavior -- block interesting piece of media to direct attention to oneself. Many, many such cases.

Attached: 1545109558871.jpg (719x719, 62K)

kek
OP is probably a frustrated low wagecuck who can't learn how to proper write software.

Attached: lol.jpg (679x612, 321K)

>people who solve problems for a living couldn't adapt to a new reality
sure, I guess if we look at webdevs who solve the same problem every day for decades, yeah, they would die out. but real programmers wouldn't have any trouble applying their above average problem solving skills to a feudal world. most likely programmers would become the new feudal lords because most normies don't know how to solve eaven the simplest of problems. something broken? gee, go to the store and buy a new one. don't like the food? just order somewhere else. there's 0 problem solving skills required to be a mildly successful normie. so yeah, they are the cattle who will be farmed by programmer lords and their tradeskill henchmen. sieg heil.

Attached: hitler-compiler.png (850x400, 145K)

>CS major who gets some basic course in electronics thinks he's a 'Computer Engineer'

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

because it's simplistic monkey lego and the only barrier to entry are the bullshit certifications and regulations that the state demands so you can start doing monkey lego. you really think that 130+IQ individuals can't learn plumbing in a week? because yeah, sending water through pipes is so highly complex...

Fantasy:
>Engineers are useless in the event of an apocalypse!

Reality:
youtube.com/watch?v=VVV4xeWBIxE

>gee wiz let me apply my problem solving ski-
>TYRONE SMASH
#rekt

This. People forget that ye olde aristocrats were smart as fuck people who were chosen by the king to solve problems.

In many ways, we've had the same social structure since forever. There's always a class of super rich elites, a bunch of highly technical smart people right below them, and then the laboring class.

Like how Tyrone could smash the french/british colonial troups lead by wrinkly old white men?

Because I make a ridiculous amount of money writing software

there's to EMP scenarios. a short burst from a high altitude nuke and a long standing wave from a coronal mass ejection.
the first, short burst, EMP mostly fries small electronic circuits because of the short wavelengths. power lines are pretty bad antenae for this kind of EMP. so the overall grid will be mostly fine, just our electronics will be fucked. (and ofc electronics in power plants. but the grid and transformers themselves will be fine).
the second one, a long wave EMP generated by a CME, will fuck up the power grid by power lines being perfect antenae for longer wave lengths. this current will fuck with transformers and anything that's connected to the power grid. but electronics won't be affected as the long waves won't induce any current in the short traces in your typical electronics circuit.
a scenario where everything (power grid and electronics) get fcuked is pretty unrealistic. so with a CME programmers wouldn't be out of work at all.

Even in the unlikely scenario where you have both happen, one after the other, it's not like electronics are impossible to fix. We still have gorillions of tons of oil that we can burn in generators. No EMP scenario will stop foundries and whatnot from working. Your car will still work.

>societal collapse
>the white man can be himself again
>oh look, a nigger, get your guns, boys, we go nigger hunting
if tyrone has no super state protecting him from consequences of his actions, tyrone will be the one who's getting #rekt

Why aren't they helping and begging for apples instead?

because the liberal arts lefty who made this assumes everyone else is the same as him: a useless parasite.

>God she is perfect
you go on camwhore sites and ask the models to marry you, dontcha

OH MY GOD

Attached: DSCN1062.jpg (3016x2576, 1.71M)

>no spaghetti anywhere
irrelevant

>that bald fucker sucking dick in the back alley

Attached: 504853084.jpg (903x1024, 650K)

I didn't learn, but I know how to deal with electrical stuff (from some e-bike controllers and laptops to house and car wiring), plumbing and HVAC (installed 3 years ago non-DIY split a/c without any tools, still works, lol).

Plumbers are important.

Attached: sheit.jpg (776x562, 134K)

imagine having to call a guy to fix your pipes like a cuck

Society is non-rebootable. If it crashes, it's game over. You don't go to a Mad Max scenario, you to a The Road scenario.

If the nukes ever fly, go sit outside and sip a beer, it'll be the easiest way out.

>"What Do I do? the water flows into my room with all the servers! HALP"
>"i dont know, first turn of the main water fauc-"
>"WHAT IS THIS? i can only do typey typey and monkey lego RAM sticksies into a computer! HALP HALP"

shut up she is cute and i love her

Just because people are too dumb to use computers do not mean that the people who aren't braindead can't learn how to swing a fucking hammer or any other profession. most of the time I bet they'll even do it better than the braindead-tradetards who don't even understand the concepts of why they do things the way they do them, they've just been told to do it that way.

I don't think shuting mains will help here

nu-medieval society looks comfy
Solar flare when?

Attached: IMG_3184.jpg (387x380, 24K)

Surely, a programmer cuck who has never held a wrench before will have the motoric skills within a week...while other people take year long apprenticeships.

>t. Sheet metal worker, somewhat electrical engineer, buyer and CAD designer...learned over about 10 years.

Attached: 1544817030881.png (590x529, 144K)

Good thing I'm a Geoscientist. Field work for the win niggers.

wtf is this real?

Imagine being so retarded you think fixing a water heater was a trade. It's literally a big tank with a heat source underneath and a thermostat in the middle. There's like 5 things total that can go wrong. Any random housewife anywhere could learn to fix them in a few hours of youtube videos.

>Mfw when the world has to go back to the Stone age for programers to be useless

Attached: goodfellas-ray-liotta-laughing-reaction-face.jpg (640x460, 64K)

lmao no shit. Water heaters are literally plug 'n play. Stick the big fucker in the cabinet, connect water lines and plug it in. Wow such trade so skill.

Not to disrespect your profession (I admire people who do their best instead of lazing around), but handiwork and craftmanship is easy as tits. It's physically demanding, yes, but it's not difficult to learn nor master, really. At least for highly cognitive and intelligent people. I design and write software for a living but I also make my own furniture and do electric / plumbing repairs for friends and family as sort of a stress outlet. If I do need to acquire a new skill, I do it in hours, not a week. The last skill I acquired was roofing - only needed to watch a video to get the jist and do the whole thing in 3 days. I'm sorry, user, but physical work is only challenging for girls and brainlets.

>learned over about 10 years
What did you spend the other 9 years and 350 days doing?

I have. I learned how to cut down trees and turn them into lumber. I can also turn raw iron ore into ingots and either cast or hammer then into whatever I need. I can play Minecraft in real life.

Let's take for example the skill of welding. You might be able to do it in an acceptable manner within a few hours. But I highly doubt that you're able to master it within days.
Although I was able to weld stainless steel relatively quickly, I could never do it as good as my co-workers who did this daily for 15 years. Implying that you "mastered" something that you're supposed to learn over a long time is just pure arrogance.
>look I changed the tires of my car for the first time. I mastered being a car mechanic

lmao. It's just the different vocations I picked up from different jobs over my past 10 years of having a job. Of course a big part of it is repeating the same shit over and over.