Whats so good about Lenovo ThinkPad t420 and why should i get one?

Whats so good about Lenovo ThinkPad t420 and why should i get one?

Attached: t420.jpg (1500x1271, 200K)

You shouldn't
get an x230 for the same price

but why?

Read /tpg/ you spoonfed nigger.

I like the keyboard

USB 3 ports. More efficient processor.

No real reason to get one, all new laptops are better in all regards.

I'm posting this on my T420 and I can tell you, at this point it isn't worth it.

>screen size
13" too small, 15" too big.
>keyboard
Scissor-switch keyboard
>monitor
TN panel for privacy
>shell
clam-shell design for durability
>hardware
easy to clean, replace and upgrade.
Even the CPU
>ports
Always on USB+eSATA+DP
>OS
Excellent GNU/Linux support, Can be turned to a hackntosh easily, Can even run Win10.
t. proud owner of T420

This.
Don't fall for the meme like most of the autists here.

Attached: crusty.png (699x699, 338K)

the keyboard is the only argument at this point

It has 420 in the name

Shittier keyboard unless you do the swap which is harder than doing the t430 swap. Also you can upgrade the t420 cpu to a 3rd gen quad core if you're not retarded.

Why the hell would anyone go through all that struggle just for that meme keyboard? I've used both and I seriously think whoever puts so much weight on two very similar keyboards has serious autism.

Attached: x220.jpg (800x1200, 719K)

>you can upgrade the t420 cpu to a 3rd gen quad core if you're not retarded.
Only if you use the coreboot meme, right?

>TN panel for privacy
sensible chuckle

3'rd gen core in allmost 2019 when the cpu's are allready at the 9'th gen.

Old chinkpads will become useless until 2020 for sure.

Exactly, just get the T420 or x220 then you don't have to go through the struggle.

Soo... The x220 was the correct choice?

No, it supports the 3rd gen cpus out of the box.
i7-3840qm is more powerful than an i7-7500u. Wtf are you talking about?

X220 if you want a smaller laptop, t420 if you want a little bit more customization and a bigger screen.

>No, it supports the 3rd gen cpus out of the box.
Source? I believe the normal bios lacks the necessary microcode and it only works with coreboot

But then you have to go through the massive struggle of finding a horribly overpriced X220 with an i7 processor just so you can have USB3

anything that ends with **20, including T420, X220, W520

I might be wrong, I thought it was just a bios update rather than fully corebooting it, but the sandy bridge to ivy bridge upgrade isn't huge. I think the sandy bridge quad core is a fine upgrade.
Expresscard to USB3 is a thing as well. You're just grasping to try to justify your $800 macbook clone.
Just listen to these 2 for the best/easiest experience.

Those expresscards give a little bit better USB performance, but far from USB3 afaik.
Not a macbook owner btw.

I said macbook clone, but the expresscard 2.0 is just as fast as USB 3.0 because it uses pcie link with a theoretical max speed of 5 Gb/s.

But your Macbook from the same era still has value because it helps you get dick at Starbucks, right?

Experiences of X220 owners say otherwise. You also can't power a 2,5" drive.
>a 30 series Thinkpad for 20 bucks more than a 20 series Thinkpad is a Macbook clone
Pic related

Attached: Wallpaper.png (1678x940, 1.46M)

>>Old chinkpads will become useless until 2020 for sure.
Good, I'll upgrade to a P72 then

>raspberry pi AS A SPI
raspberry for this is not required

*20 series is better stock, but *30 series are far superior if you put in the time to mod them

My main machine is a t430 with the keyboard swap and an IPS display. I'm saying most morons have these shitty dell/hp macbook clones. I know I have one at work and I hate it. I'm saying get a t420 if you don't want to put in the work to make a t430 good. I'm willing to put the money and effort in, most people are not.

There are also X/T60 for patrician aspect ratio and X200s/X201s for higher resolution option (1440x900) (X220/230 have only 1366x768).

Anything below the 5'th or 6'th intel cpu generation will become obsolete in less than two years, just like the core 2 duos and other dual core cpu's from pre 2010 era are now obsolete.

Pajeet webdevs are heavy loading most the webpages with javascript crap and video websites like youtube will demand more recent hardware to play the videos at a decent quaility.

The new keyboard is fine.

>tfw still sticking to 1st gen i7 and C2D

>t430 with the keyboard swap
yikes.