How do you respond to this meme?

how do you respond to this meme?

Attached: 1545867157172.png (836x1136, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambda_calculus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>be electrical engineer
>don't give a fuck
it's that easy

You don't.

You don't give a fuck if you matters a bit.
CS has its dignity depending on what aspect you develop.

pajeet? is it really you?

>Implying I give a shit about the opinions of people who have to spend more time in academia only to make less than me

Math majors are never allowed to directly handle real-world problems. I don't think anything more needs to be said.

Get hired by Google and then pay the guy's girlfriend for nudes.

based. CS is a meme. Study a real science or get a job as a software engineer and make money.

t. mathlet

>be gay
>doesn't give a fuck
>gets fucked instead.
Sounds about right for an engineer.

>Pay the gf of the guy who gets them for free

Whos cucking who

I don't have too Im a physicist
Blow it out your ass brainlet

I like both math and CS. Just be NEET and do what you like.

>software engineer
>software
>engineer
Is this how CSlets cope

Attached: de15df26e9bf61c4f5672a08dc60a50b.jpg (499x481, 28K)

The only meme here is that CS is related with actual computer work.

CS itself is a scientific field. And we fucking need scientists.

>CS is a science field
No it fucking isnt

Attached: thinking.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

>spend a year less in college
>similar job opportunities and pay grades
>only downside is being looked down upon by elitist autists from an anonymous image board

Sign me the fuck up

Attached: grayons.jpg (534x589, 28K)

I honestly just assumed that math degrees were the same as english degrees or history degrees.

Can't be more wrong.
Legend has it that if you graduate with a math degree you can get any job you want, for $300k a year starting.

You mean being a high school teacher making $30k?

That's what I just said.

Yes it is.

Why does /sci/ feel this threatened by CS?
They are always the ones who start these debates by attacking CS graduates, instead of the other way around, as they seem to suggest.

Gotta justify that extra time and money spent proving to mommy and daddy how smart you are, instead of actually making money.

Attached: SNEED.jpg (249x249, 12K)

It seems to me like they're just studying something engineers created. It has more in common with theology.

I don't. Wait...

No one really cares what your major is. They care how much money you make.

I don't because I don't care

>Butthurt compsci memes are real

Engineering sure is fun

Poor fucking idiot, are you using the scientific method in your programs?

Attached: 1493174754669.jpg (900x900, 83K)

>the scientific method
Is it 1833 again?

>engineers created
CS is the study of computation, not computers.

By that standard, mathematics wouldn't be science either. It's not like it isn't possible to define the term that way, but most wouldn't, and terms are for mutual understanding.

That is obviously not true, as the field predates the physical invention of computers. Sure, it wasn't called "computer science" back then, but it was basically the same thing.

You don't, it's 100% accurate.

Attached: c_s.png (1170x500, 886K)

No. Just no. There is no "quantum" anything, this isn't poorly understood near magic effects of some mythical theoretical particle. This is simply electrons being so small they can move through any material at the path of least resistance, because nothing can exert 100% perfect electrical control over them. It is current leakage. It is nothing but current leakage. It is current leakage in short channel devices, and it happens at literally every feature size, it is not exclusive to small FinFET devices like upcoming 5nm EUV FinFETs. Even planar devices have extremely high degrees of leakage through their channels, directly under the gates, electrons still leak out. Yet despite this the transistors still function.

Quantum tunneling is a meme regurgitated by people who know nothing about the field of FETs.

Comp sci degrees(and related like SW engineering) are some stupid mix between a field of mathematics that deals with computation, programming, and technology (how certain things are programmed/implemented)

It's very different compared to other degrees where you specialize in a topic.

A comp sci degree is only good if you go on to specialize in something after either by yourself or with a master's. A bachelor's is effectively worthless like a high school degree but with computation.

If you use your degree as a stepping stone to go into related fields it is indefinitely more useful than biology, math or physics. Especially if you are looking to make money through being an entrepreneur instead of a wagecuck or some retarded loser academic working in a lab.

I also hate academics with a passion so I might be biased and I like technology and computers.

Mathematics is not a science.

>Tfw cs and math double major planning on going to grad school for math

Am I a good boi?

>fuck you faggot i have a masters in mathematics and make 300k a year

there are computer scientists, and there are people with computer science degrees. There's some overlap there, but they are distinct groups.

>physics studies something created by others
so you say physics are teologists?
>scientific method
opinion, discarded

> he's right you know

CS < Math < Engineering < Physics < Chemistry < Med School

>computer science existed before computers

Attached: 1486125030634.jpg (1278x1181, 120K)

>to this meme

It's a true representation of delusional cs majors.

>pay to go to a place of learning
>bitch that they required you to learn
>mock anyone who goes there to learn

Why do brainlets do this?

The concept of computation predates mankind you turd farmer.

It's easier to be content when you are low iq. University opens your eyes to the real world

Stop going to /sci/

No one (but gold digger whores and lel jewish merchants) cares how much money you make.

There's more to life than money.

software engineering doesn't deserve to be called an engineering discipline

t. $110k software "engineer"

>Get hired by Google

And? Business majors and Women Studies majors get hired by Google (and get paid more than the code monkeys) and nobody thinks they are good degrees that you learn anything in. Same with CS.

I don't respond to memes.

>the whole point of college is to get a jerb
4 years later
>hurr durr college is a scam, i can't find a jerb

Every fucking time.

There's literally nothing wrong with history degrees.

"Based and redpilled"

Because you guys don't learn anything substantial and therefore don't belong in an university setting. It's fine if you don't want to learn and just want to consume and excrete like the good goy you are. Just go to a boot-camp or some other trade school for a year or two and you will be in far less debt for it and far better equipped for job hunting.

/sci/ wants to do the quintessential human thing of asking why and learning and university is The place of learning to do it. Stop trying to turn university into a trade school, that's what we're upset about.

Attached: CS comparison.png (1050x1657, 125K)

They are total opposites

Attached: x k c d.png (945x261, 166K)

That pic is retarded and must only apply to Americans. The difference between a CS and CE degree here is mostly the specialized 3rd/4th year courses. There are not many major differences in math/science requirements.

What math courses are you selecting?

>all i care about is making money

I am so sorry, the Jews have ruined you so very much. I hope that someday you can recover.

It's obvious; if you are rich you can afford to dick around in education for 12 years and study something like physics or pure math. If you actually need to survive you can't do that, so you go to an applied field like engineering or comp sci.
People saying "comp sci isn't a real science" only say that because it has become associated with lesser educated, less wealthy, less intelligent people because it is far more accessible than the other sciences.

You can get any "cs job" with any STEM degree.

If you count all STEM jobs as "CS Jobs", sure. Like I said, because CS is so accessible the definition of the term has changed and developed a connotation that other sciences haven't.

CS is no more science than IT is

Like?

Like what?

Yeah it is. It has every feature of a science.

t. history faggot
>I remember battle dates
>62k a year

>going to college to get a good job
>hurt durr you don't need a good job
enjoy your happy feminist studies

Attached: 4L_29I8VkW6.jpg (2290x1322, 472K)

beat up both nerds

>It has every feature of a science

You have to actually try to b8 man.

Since when is history a subject at a trade school?

Attached: 1508959413418.jpg (675x1200, 229K)

You didn't give me much to respond to...

I'm not opposed to learning but I'd rather not spend more time and money attending school when I can get out into the real world and start making money. Doctors, when the time and money they spent in education is accounted for, make little more than the average teacher. Plus I'm studying engineering, I'm want to solve problems not spend more time than is necessary learning about shit other people have already figured out.

My uni is among the top 15 in the world. Sorry m8, I'm not low IQ

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambda_calculus

retarded frogposter

Software engineering involves designing solutions to problems. If that doesn't fit the definition of engineering I don't know what does

Attached: SE is not engineering.png (1583x6125, 1.61M)

NCEES literally offers a PE Software Engineering exam but will be discontinuing it because so few people take it. While I will acknowledge SE differs in many ways from other engineering disciplines which emphasize the natural sciences, to deny that it doesn't fall under the umbrella of engineering is silly.

*does
Fuck phoneposting really is gay

>programs
>computer science
Have a (you), you baiting dipshit.

Writing programs is engineering. Creating and classifying algorithms is science.
Computer scientists are as bad at programming as mathematicians.

envious of actually having job prospects

It's no more engineering than wood working. It really should be call software engineering tech like the other trade school "engineering" tech programs.

Attached: ET spectrum.gif (550x235, 30K)

>implying software jobs are cs only
>implying there are any cs only jobs

kek

I'm not sure what you're getting at. SE follows the cycle of engineering and is an accredited engineering discipline. If SE involved solving problems in the physical world software engineers would have a background in said area.

I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree

Making business software or phone apps is hardly solving problems. SE should really be in the school of business.

Lmao make up your mind m8. I minored business during my time at uni and while I will say that it has been extremely beneficial for me in the tech industry (and would recommend that everyone regardless of industry have at least a foundational understanding of business/finance), to equate SE to business is ludicrous. Yes, making software for a business is solving problems in fact it's solving many problems. Try designing a database from the ground up for a program that will serve thousands of clients from across the globe, will need to be maintained for years to come, and once deployed will be very difficult to alter. Want ACLs for the entries? Better hope your implementation is scalable because you aren't changing it once the program is deployed. And that's only one of many pieces of the puzzle for a "simple business/phone app". If you think that's business I don't know what to tell you

Attached: a.png (200x200, 24K)

underrated

Every job involves "solving problems" but every job is not engineering.

If you bothered to read the previous posts I brought up that NCEES, the organization responsible for licencing engineers in the U.S., has a Software Engineering exam. If that's not evidence enough for you I don't know what is. Assuming you're the same guy trying to group SE in with random programs/schools you clearly don't know what you're talking about. You're not refuting my points so it's hard to debate you. I can only assume you're some salty civil engineer who's upset because you'll never find employment and instead seeks to gate keep what is "engineering".

>I'm want to solve problems not spend more time than is necessary learning about shit other people have already figured out
>I want to solve problems but don't want to learn how to do it

Nice strawman. In the very thing you're quoting I say I'd rather learn what I need to know then move on to solving problems. Judging by your post it's safe to assume you're still in school. You're overestimating your future retention of the content you're learning now. Work in the industry for a few years and you'll find that you've forgotten a ton of shit that you were forced to study in uni, but picked up a ton of new skills while working in the industry.

Either /sci/ fags are a bunch of salty retards or impressively adept at baiting

uni isn't about learning job skills

>has a Software Engineering exam
That's pointless since software engineers rarely, if ever, do engineering level stuff and so nobody took it.

Wait what

That's in large part due to the recency of SE as an industry which in turn has resulted in it developing independently to the other engineering disciplines. In software employees care more about your skills than your credentials because there are fewer risks involved. In a discipline like aerospace or civil engineering there's obviously a lot more risks involved kek

>there are fewer risks involved

Because you're not doing anything important.

You missed the entire point of college if you seriously believe it's for actually learning something.
The whole point of college is getting a piece of paper which opens doors which would be closed otherwise, plus some networking if you get the chance. Period.
Nearly everything you can learn in college can be learned on your own, and with the vast amount of resources available nowadays, it's easier than ever.

The most hilarious thing is how the same people that criticize CS for these reasons usually also attack humanities degrees for being "useless", thus contradicting the entire pretense that they want to go to university to learn (as humanities people usually do, knowing their degrees usually offer less job prospects).

Just admit it, you went to university neither to learn, nor to get a job. You just did it to impress people with a major that is commonly seen as "hard".

That said, your picture applies to bullshit schools only, but in that case usually all programs suck, not just CS.

Attached: 1544458394824.jpg (1000x868, 92K)