/spg/-Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Attached: smartphones-images.jpg (970x545, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13582/samsung-galaxy-note9-performance-review-snapdragon-vs-exynos/4
mx.gearbest.com/digital-camera/pp_009489753175.html?wid=1349303#goodsDetail
bestbuy.com/site/at-t-prepaid-motorola-moto-e5-play-with-16gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone-black/6300370.p?skuId=6300370
youtu.be/r9NECevsFkw
spyware.neocities.org/articles/vlc.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous thread

I want to get a Note 9. SD or Exynos, which is better and why?

SD
Because I say so

SD if you want the faster phone and better battery life
Exynos for longevity cuz custom roms but sacrifice performance and battery life

Have had an S7 Edge for a little over 2.5 years now, and I'm really wanting to upgrade to the Note 9. My S7 still runs surprisingly well for being this old, but it can get a little full at times, forcing me to dump some apps and photos/vids.

Should I just take the plunge? Aside from storage, are there any other big changes I'll notice with the Note?

My intrinsic American consumerism is tempting me to pull the trigger on the upgrade.

Whats a good foss music player for Android?

Where do you guys get that the Exynos is slower and has worse battery life? The CPU at least is faster on the Exynos and according to GSMarena, the S9+ lasted 86h while the SD S9+ lasted 81h

if you have money then why not? :/
Better, bigger screen, bigger battery, better dac, better biometric authentication, faster performance

I see people on the r/galaxys9 (leddit haha i know) have worse screen on time than those using the SD. Going further down they even have battery test for both variants and the exynos always has significantly worse battery life, youtube also confirms this. Software update and pie has improve the battery life but still worse :/

The S9 and note9 uses the same chipset so...

Currently running Lineage OS on my Redmeme Note 5. Liking how snappy it is, but i wanted to have android pie. Pixel experience is dogshit. Is there a nicer rom to have?

Attached: 1481725969336.gif (200x150, 1.39M)

anandtech.com/show/13582/samsung-galaxy-note9-performance-review-snapdragon-vs-exynos/4
>Like on the Galaxy S9, the Note9’s Exynos variant is just an overall inferior device. Battery life was one aspect that the Exynos S9s fared quite terribly in, and this time around Samsung did manage to somewhat improve the difference to the Snapdragon 845. Unfortunately it’s not enough as the Snapdragon variant still leads.

>While the battery disadvantage has somewhat decreased, Samsung has done nothing to improve the performance of the chipset. Here the Snapdragon 845’s software is still leagues ahead of what the Exynos is able to offer, with the latter still not being able to differentiate itself much from the Exynos 8895 in system performance. The benchmark differences are very much also representative of the real-world performance difference of both variants.

>In our recent quarterly smartphone guide, I’ve recommended the Snapdragon Note9 alongside the S9s as among the best Android devices you can buy this holiday. The Exynos Note9 in my opinion again doesn’t really make the cut as you’re paying flagship prices for a device that offers less battery life and performance not much better than last year’s phones

Attached: 95159.png (650x600, 42K)

I am thinking about getting Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S anytime soon. Are there any better alternatives with

Why is nobody talking about the new Honor v20? It has a headphone jack and looks sexy as fuck

Attached: 1526481785014.png (800x450, 228K)

>memehole

Need a new phone. OnePlus 3t broke and would like to get something where I have something similar but a better battery for under 300 euros.

Any suggestions?

honestly it looks much better than any notch I've seen

No notch
48 megapixel rear camera
4000 mAh
3.5mm

>Any suggestions?
Pocophone, or wait a couple onths to see if notches will be outdated in 2019

My xiaomeme also has no notch, a headphone jack and 4000 mAh batteries that hold even longer, considering the slightly slower processor.
But consumerism is a bitch.

>My xiaomeme also has no notch, a headphone jack and 4000 mAh batteries that hold even longer, considering the slightly slower processor.
That's not how it works

>almost 2019
>no NFC
Xiaomi is an ultimate meme

>a SD845 uses less energy than a 636
Nope

I don't use NFC at all. I don't want to be one of those awkward guys scratching their phones against counters like a magic lamp.

>>a SD845 uses less energy than a 636
>Nope
And the Kirin 980 is a 7nm chip

Attached: 1545011498461.png (728x132, 16K)

bump

I see there are several Nokia 7 / 7.1 models
There's a 7 Plus a 7.1 Plus
Which one is the best?

bought an s9+, what do now?

Nokia 8.1

XZ1 Compact
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
which?

NFC is the ultimate meme. Why rely on it when QR codes can be generated and accessed by anyone anywhere? That's how mobile payment in China functions at least.

is there anything on f droid for playing videos? Trying to keep it free with everything else, but I'm stuck on this one.

I bought a tempered glass screen protector for my OnePlus 6 not knowing that there was already a plastic screen protector. What do?
1. Take off plastic screen protector, put on glass screen protector.
2. Leave plastic screen protector.
3. Put glass screen protector on the plastic screen protector.
4. Take off plastic screen protector, put on glass screen protector, put plastic screen protector on the glass screen protector.

VLC?

Keep the plastic one on until it's worn and scratched, then put the glass one on

Mix 2S
5. Remove plastic and keep it that way you pussy

Should I get a pixel 3 or Oneplus 6T?

gimme pros and cons.

leddit haha

Broke my Nexus 4 screen, 72 eur for screen replacement. I found a brand new Motorola Moto X 2014 for 50 eur (probably a scam). Is it a good idea or not? What are my options under 70 eur. I only want a better phone than my Nexus 4 with LineageOS support. I think I will just repair my phone...

OP looks better.

I turned fast charging on my s9+ off but it still charges pretty fucking fast
is that good or bad? is "regular"charging just fast too?

Any suggestions for a cheap phone that won't perform like shit? Literally all I want to do is access mail, Messenger, and music. I got a Nokia 2 because it was cheap and I thought that any smartphone would be capable of handling the above, but everything is absurdly slow and crashes occasionally. AT&T carrier, located in the US.

my old phone broke, now I have a galaxy ace, it's shit.
I want a new cell phone I got 500 bucks, I'm from Mexico
I want a good camera and good amount of memory space
I use Telcel, I don't any specific qualms about size
[spoiler]help please[spoiler]

you got 500 USD so 9,800 MXN, right?

you can buy a OnePlus 6 (9000 MXN aprox), Mi Mix 2S (6000 MXN at Banggood) or a Galaxy S8+ if you want a fancy brand

>Telcel
no mames que asco

well I've always used telcel, although I don't know much about carriers

Unefon (uses AT&T network) is the cheapest because of its unlimited prepaid plans, downside is that coverage is not as good as telcel and slow speeds, plenty of friends use it

if you're wealthy and can afford Telcel data prices I guess you're good, they offer the best network coverag

mx.gearbest.com/digital-camera/pp_009489753175.html?wid=1349303#goodsDetail

If you wait you can get it for as low as 8700 MXN or so

use Priority Line as shipping method

owo what do I buy then, anything but chinkshit plox

bestbuy.com/site/at-t-prepaid-motorola-moto-e5-play-with-16gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone-black/6300370.p?skuId=6300370

Imagine buying a phone with the selfie camera on the chin
imagine.

You want it to take 3 hours to fully charge your battery? Be happy with the speed if it's fast.
Either one will serve you amazingly well. Doesn't matter if the battery life is off by a few hours on the Exyshit version.

Used Zuk Z2 with Resurrection Remix installed worth it for 80 Euro's? Seems good value for a backup phone. Main phone is Nokia 8

I was just wondering if using the default charger it came with or something still enabled some form of fast charging even if it's turned off on the phone itself
I've only had 4 different phones across my whole life so I'm used to shit taking a long time to charge and the fast charging coming at the expense of battery life and temperature

Best compact phone that isn't pixel 3, S9 or iphone is the sony xz2 compact right? Anyone here owns it? Opinions?

Keep charging it and replace the battery after a year.
kys

>modern phone
>replace the battery
LOL

>I ask for help and get one meme reply
>mexican asks a question
>gets several insightful replies
you racist fucking spics

Got a mi a2 lite

>That's how mobile payment in China functions
Weird way of saying that China is retarded

QR codes are nowhere close to the speed and convenience of just pulling the phone out of your pocket and swiping it on a terminal.
It literally takes 20% of the time it took me to use a payment card from my wallet.

I'd go for 4

>giving lenovo money for any reason
do not do this

>buy battery online
>pay Xiang at the local phone shop to open the case, replace the battery
you think it's impossible to replace the batteries? Fucking imbecile. You can do it yourself at home if you're not a trog.

With Mokee it'll be just like my old Nexus 5, tell me why not to buy it

owo where's your question? I'll answer it ._.

Anyone have advice for a new phone?
I'm currently using a galaxy s4 and even after replacing the battery it still dies during the day or after 2ish hours of use.
300 budget with a focus on battery then processor that works with verizon or preferably both verizon and tmobile?

Got a mi a2 lite

Get an unlocked Moto Z2 Play, it's $299 off Motorola's own site, and a battery MotoMod and you'll have 5000-6500mah total battery capacity depending on which mod you get. The phone's compatible with both Verizon and T-Mobile.

Nth for meme mix 3

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x1000, 235K)

Why does it make me pick between Verizon and Unlocked on the website? Will Unlocked not work with verizon?

doesn't vlc have botnet tier features?

Sliders are trash
how are you supposed to have a case on the back of the phone?

I'm not sure why, but the unlocked version is also compatible and is the one you should pick since the Verizon model has a permanently locked bootloader (and probably Verizon bloatware on it).

cool, thank you

I have 350€ to spend on a new phone. The best phones I found for that price are
>pocophone f1
>mi8
>p20 pro
>honor 10
My priorities are
>no lag/half assed animation whatsoever
>fast performance
>good display
>good battery
>good build quality
>good call quality
>design
I use phones for social media, web browsing, youtube and occasionally netflix. I don't plan on playing hardware demanding games on phone.
Im leaning towards pocophone solely because of snapdragon 845. Runner up is p20 pro. Biggest downside is cpu which is apparently weaker than sd845. Biggest upside is the fact that that phone is 800€ where I live and has baller status in sea of cheap xiaomis and noname chinese brands. (I know it is sad, Im europoor after all). Brain says pocophone, heart says huawei. Since Im not gonna play games, can I get huawei and use it for 2 to 3 years?

Attached: b6f3cc74647fea490ceca36eba65ae606e935add.jpg (940x540, 32K)

Its the screen that slides. The case goes on the back of the phone, and the bottom of the case is left open so the screen can slide away, but the rest is covered.

Any more opinions?

Redmi Note 5 will arrive tomorrow ... i hope it isn't a meme

you are trash:
youtu.be/r9NECevsFkw

>doesn't vlc have botnet tier features?
One of the most famous and popular FOSS projects and botnet? Not how it works.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/vlc.html

note 9 exynos here its good but the sd is def stronger i just got mine because it was way cheaper

Sorry for being such a cocksucker and not contributing much.
If my main criteria were reliability,battery life, durability(small display i guess), and price range to 500 bucks, what would be the best thing to get?
Eyeing asus zenphone max pro m1 for now.

p20 pro if you want a good camera
pocophone (that you unlock and flash a custom rom on if you want it to be lagless because it lags like hell on miui)

ditch the mi8 and honor 10

>price range to 500 bucks
You could get an Oneplus 6/6T for that, Pocophone if you want something cheaper

Of course it isn't.

galaxy s9 could probably fit that price if you want something "fancy"
oneplus 6t/6
poco
the nokia phones are dirt cheap online
i'd avoid zenphones because they are very very shit with updates

oneplus 6 and poco are both nice, but i would still have to get something smaller, because i am very small as well.
Lg venture seems nice,but there might still maybe be better choices...

Any pocophone user who uses it intensively here? Is the liquid cooling they offer real as in it never gets hot after a while or is it just marketing bullshit? Also any cons of it?

>lags like hell on miui
>unlock and flash a custom rom
i don't like tinkering, ill go with p20 pro
thanks my guy

I have a redmi note 5 and everytime i write at max speed on the sd card the phone starts lagging a lot, how's that possible?

phones without front facing camera when?

Attached: 1387219469852.png (508x379, 194K)

They're both smaller than the Zenfone you're eyeing at, Poco and OP6 are 155mm tall, Zenfone Max Pro M1 is 159mm.

If you want a compact phone then Sony's XZ1 Compact or XZ2 Compact is probably the best option.

Used Zuk Z2 with Resurrection Remix installed worth it for 80 Euro's? Seems good value for a backup phone. Main phone is Nokia 8

looking for the android equivalent of the iphone 6s plus that runs the newest stock android (pie). Love my current phone but I wanna take a stab at android development. usa/tmobile

People told me to not get Pocomeme cause I wouldn't get lte, but here I am enjoying it in the states with lte. Follow your dreams.

2nd one just arrived, gonna put nova launcher and make it simple for my mother
100% not a meme

Spent $50 trying to find a good screen protector. Curved edges are a mistake.

Pixel 3

Waste of 80 euros

ok but many people don't need it. at all

Why