What can you do with this ?

what can you do with this ?
post ideas for practice

Attached: index.png (225x225, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techdevguide.withgoogle.com/resources/find-longest-word-in-dictionary-that-subsequence-of-given-string/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what can you do with this ?
It's a turing complete language, almost anything you can think of.
>post ideas for practice
Write a simple program (maybe use regular expressions to make it easy) that looks at the given source code of another program and decides whether it will crash/stop at some point when you run it. I did it in second year college, really nice practice. Just pattern matching.
You just need to be comfortable with C and have a *general* idea what a compiler does.

Create a raycaster

Reimplement standard C functions unsing raw syscalls (Like printf or malloc for example)

Or rewrite some tools like ls

calculate stuff

>le halting problem

Attached: download.jpg (245x206, 9K)

roll you niggers

Attached: c9ccb69fcd63be3bb45073d6c0f81dc6e2a8789511a33da36c0073e07211d431.png (3840x2160, 1.19M)

linked lists

ROLLANE

roll'ashone

roll it mate

it is only for hobbyists and kids
you cannot code anything complex

Attached: thisisbait.png (500x522, 77K)

Amazing

Segfault at 10x the speed of other languages and be smug about it

gimme

give

Write your own lisp its a ton of fun.

Roll for something actually hard

roll

rolling for ideas

kek, gave me a chuckle

Bitch C is the godfather of all modern technology. Everything in programming can be traced back to it, and the really low-level mind-blowing shit that you can't even comprehend how it happens is done in C. You can even write C for web pages now. It's the Latin of programming languages, except Latin is dead and everyone thinks C is dead, but millions of C programs are actually relied upon by huge infrastructures and millions of people every day. Everything that JS, PHP, C++ obvs, even Python and Java, accomplishes, C can do just as well, since most of those tools have C-based engines.

or in music, it's like learning the piano. Every other instrument becomes much easier to learn if you've already learned piano.

daily reminder that pure c is deprecated and that unless your environment imposes restrictions, you should use a minimal subset of C++ that includes numerous quality of life and convenience features like templates, lambdas, references, and smart pointers. no need to go balls deep in some nightmarish virtual inheritance hierarchy

>It's a turing complete language, almost anything you can think of
Can you Install Gentoo with it?

rollin''''

Attached: 1529138255084.jpg (750x738, 52K)

rolling, wish me luck /b/

give me hard but fun

>give me hard but fun
>calculate pi
bitch

I did that with BASIC on a CASIO calculator in 10th grade, good times. I used the sum of inverse squares bullshit. Good times

rolling

roll

Rolling

Roll... :DD

I don't even know where to start with this. Help

Kek, I did it last week

can you share resources that were helpful to you?

I actually just kind of did it ad hoc. I looked at shit like x86 to get the basics down and made a stack, memory, and registry. Just look at what other people did for inspiration

thanks user.

many things, but on Jow Forums the limit's hello world & fizzbuzz

roll.....

I made a basic virtual machine and a shitty version of a command line interface. If you git gud it's breddy great desu

Rollin

Attached: 1517502892572.gif (128x128, 11K)

roll

Rollo

Tumblin

>92
God damn, actually got one I'm interested in

roll

roll

Rolling so that I can ignore the picture.

roll

>Not just studying whiteboard coding

techdevguide.withgoogle.com/resources/find-longest-word-in-dictionary-that-subsequence-of-given-string/

>bootloader is purple
lol
>c compiler is red
lol

Roll