What are the Windows 7 users of Jow Forums going to do when extended support runs out?

What are the Windows 7 users of Jow Forums going to do when extended support runs out?
I ask this question because I would like to return home; for too long have I put up with the bullshit of 10. Do you think the end of support will bring hardware drivers, applications and >videogames to no longer be developed for 7?

>inb4 videogames are an entertainment medium
they are also a form of software, one of the main reasons people can't seem to shake windows. this is coming from a gnu/linux user.

Attached: GOAT.jpg (1920x1200, 660K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computerworld.com/article/3304309/microsoft-windows/microsoft-plans-to-sell-post-2020-support-for-windows-7.html
novirusthanks.org/products/syshardener/
novirusthanks.org/products/osarmor/
ghacks.net/2017/02/28/harden-windows-with-hard-configurator/
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2458544/the-enhanced-mitigation-experience-toolkit
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54264
winprivacy.de/english-home/
blogs.technet.microsoft.com/srd/2016/11/03/beyond-emet/
wpd.app/
youtube.com/watch?v=nu3t7dHN2CM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Enjoy increased stability compared to "supported" versions of windows which continue to get breaking updates.

Continue using 10.

Attached: 8e02768e89446cb3205a4621522fe709.jpg (640x640, 110K)

install gentoo

install gentoo

>using insecure software because muh comfy
this is how autists think btw

How are you using it that OS updates impact security? It's not exactly a good choice for servers.

Just use either 8.1 with classic shell or jump to LTSC.

The extended paid support ends in 2023, you can be sure that you'll continue to see applications and drivers being developed for Windows 7 at least till 2025. For games don't know, don't care. computerworld.com/article/3304309/microsoft-windows/microsoft-plans-to-sell-post-2020-support-for-windows-7.html

All I want is some form of security updates for 7 after extended support finishes. IDGAF about features, Win7 has enough. The OS is perfect from a design and minimalism standpoint.
I don't want my computer to work like a phone
I don't like MS changing all my applications for the smartphone-era counterparts:
Photo Viewer & Movie Maker >>> Photos App
Control Panel >>> Settings App
Snipping Tool >>> Snip & Sketch
MS Paint >>> Paint 3D

>Already mentioned LTS*
Read the fucking OP you mong

its not windows 7 :^)

Just install your own software then, retard.
They all work better than the 7/10 stock version anyway.

nu-Jow Forums is full of /v/ immigrants who defend big corps like microsoft and apple because they want to play video games.

install gentoo

Attached: __hibiki_and_verniy_kantai_collection_drawn_by_shinsoyori__d1c3db26b5b66bf62ca31539f6ed0c52.png (1238x1638, 965K)

>not using an OS because its comfy
It's secure enough. I also have a seperate GNU system for privacy and security.
sir/ma'am we speak english here
Thanks for informing me on this. About to read, but how are consumers going to be able to get their grubby little hands on this? Will it be possible through enterprise keys for us, if at all?

All i care is a support for a browser and a video player (MPC-HC/BE)
I couldn't care less for security updates from MS. my Win 7 box is already locked down with tools like SysHardener. OSArmor & Hard Configurator.

novirusthanks.org/products/syshardener/
novirusthanks.org/products/osarmor/
ghacks.net/2017/02/28/harden-windows-with-hard-configurator/

Muh comfy is literal retard thinking

OP here. Nobody here is defending MS.
I have a GNU system already, but there is professional software and videogames I need windows for. They are a shit company with terrible ethics. Regardless, I still hate them. You are delusional if you think that everyone who uses windows is a fan of the company that owns it.
Also...
>apple
>videogames
Have you been living under a rock?

>and >videogames to no longer be developed for 7?
it's already starting to happen. eventually all games developers will require a minimum of window 10 for direct-x 12. then windows users stuck in the past using incredibly slow versions of windows will have no choice but either upgrade their OS or continue screeching like autistic faggots. I'm going to bet they never upgrade and continue screeching like autistic faggots.

Yes, inside of a virtual machine, with CPU and GPU passthrough.

Windows 10 only gives you shit if you are trash. I am literally running it on pic related and have no issues at all.

Attached: compaq_8510w_speccy2.png (660x525, 38K)

Support lifecycles are a meme. XP still receives security patches through its embedded update channel and governments/businesses will continue to pay for critical updates beyond its April 2019 retirement. Make this post again in 2028

I don't know anything about those programs but Microsoft also made EMET for Windows 7.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2458544/the-enhanced-mitigation-experience-toolkit

microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54264

the people that complain the most about windows 10 are the most computer illiterate people in the entire universe.

this was a good post user
thanks for this information
any other stuff you use to secure your system or make it better
this is the type of response i made this thread to receive

im sick of the cunts who come in here just to shit on windows because they've been sucking the RMS dick so much they can't understand that people sometimes have uses for proprietary systems

this tool is very useful:
winprivacy.de/english-home/

>constantly spied on and need a router block to stop telemetry
>win7-era applications i like are removed from 10 almost monthly
>the control panel is slowly being phased out
>huge backdoors that allowed hacks through microsoft's own server
>forced to update my system and all my files are gone
>somehow this is my fault

Support for EMET ended last July
blogs.technet.microsoft.com/srd/2016/11/03/beyond-emet/

>What are the Windows 7 users of Jow Forums going to do when extended support runs out?
Nothing
>What are the Windows 7 users of Jow Forums going to do when major applications stop supporting Windows 7?
Use Windows 10

>winprivacy.de/english-home/
cheers mate, but I won't be touching 10 for a while
I think I've seen this recommended before but holy shit that poor english (i know the site is dutch) is giving me a bad feeling about the program t b h
thank you anyways, its the thought that counts

>when extended support runs out
See if I care

> dutch
german. yeah, the english is not the greatest there but the software is fine and very useful.

>EMET for Windows 7
>Support for EMET ended last July

Would installing this on Windows 7 in 2019 help my cause or would it just be incompatible or a potential security vulnerability?

Attached: holycrackers.jpg (746x794, 47K)

Win10 is pretty wank and causes shit tons of problems when they force people to do those big updates every few months. I'm back on win7 now after a stint on win8 since radeon dropped support for 8.1 lel

W10Privacy doesn't work in Windows 7 though
Windows Privacy Dashboard (WPD) does work
wpd.app/

>how are consumers going to be able to get their grubby little hands on this?
I'm 99% there will be an easy way to get updates, at the very least as offline installers.

I suggest you pick a distro now and start dual booting now to make the transition smoother.

I may try to make the transition to linux. Found an old computer a while that someone was going to throw out that I can experiment with at least getting used to it though it's an old mac. I mean I will still run into the common issues of if a game/software etc works or not that can't run on the mac due to age of it's specs. Wouldn't know til I had it on a normal system.

The existing mitigations still work though. They're just not going to add new mitigations.

im going to not use linux

Attached: 1423316932684.png (721x531, 358K)

I already use GNU/Linux, on another system
Read the OP you absolute fucking MONG
Linux support on macs is really bad due to alien hardware and un-updated drivers. You can give it a shot though, honestly though linux will work on any dumpster computer, even an XP rig from 2004, given that the hard drive and power supply still works. Just make sure you use ethernet because linux still has an issue with many Wi-Fi cards requiring non-free software, and some distros will as a result refuse to serve it to you due to copyright or simply a refusal to serve non-free software (debian does this so you have to find drivers yourself, not too hard unless your computer is a laptop).
One thing I can say though is linux isn't going to be THE gaming platform for a few years yet. It's certainly better, but windows just does everything better. Your privacy isn't respected, but things run much much better.

I already use GNU/Linux on another computer you tard. Read the fucking OP you dyslexic cunt.

I jumped to Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Enterprise. Its even better, in terms of speed and stability. The Metro apps and the Start menu is stupid, but I dont use them.

>worrying about privacy
> google's android

Enjoy your ransomware lmao

They all laughed at me when I bought a Win 7 OEM disc. They all laughed at me when I bought multiple flash drives and a DVD drive. They all laughed.

Attached: quote-a-clever-man-commits-no-minor-blunders-johann-wolfgang-von-goethe-72317.jpg (850x400, 40K)

>support
Wut

>buying Windows
LOL

Digital hoarders will be kings one day.

youtube.com/watch?v=nu3t7dHN2CM

I personally dont even care about that
After win7 support going to run out, it will be abandonware. So, probably MS will just simply ignore it whenever some smart guys inject DX12 or do some unofficial update or maybe lots of upgrades to it, like what they did to winXP. [spoiler]I hope[/spoiler]
somewhat pic related

Attached: installing-windows-xp-on-ssd-disk-730x430.jpg (730x430, 44K)

>What are the Windows 7 users of Jow Forums going to do when extended support runs out?
install gentoo if you haven't already

Does anyone have a guide for installing and activating Windows 10 similar to the mydigitallife forum for Windows 7 that Daz put out?

I already turned off updates long ago to stop forced telemetry. Fine so far.

Reminder only chinks and Africa mostly use Windows 7

Yeah I actually tried Manjaro in it and it didn't like the wifi card but it isn't a big deal it's sitting close enough for ethernet. But about the games: hey at least there's some improved efforts in recent times. Even if it's just older games like pc games or console emulators there's still plenty of things to play.