>no binary blobs in OS
>not Android/part of Google botnet
>can run Android apps using Anbox if you want

Attached: IMG_1301.png (261x460, 94K)

I want

Cell towers are the real botnet.

if it was half the price it would be

Gonna buy it when it's released.
Don't trust kickstarting, and want to make sure it's legit before pre-ordering.

might do the same
to me a smartphone should be a regular pc (miniaturized format) with a sms and voice call program/service running in the background, and this fits that criteria (would be best if not arm but oh well)

>would be best if not arm but oh well
What would be better?

specs seem a little low and it's sure as shit to be overpriced.

I might get it just for a gag, but then again I might just get a beater iphone or a Xiaomi

x86-64, power consumption would suck but better functionality and performance

Just use your laptop

Well at least gnome is running on its intended device

>to me a smartphone should be a regular pc (miniaturized format) with a sms and voice call program/service running in the background
And other smartphones aren't this?

Not really. AMD's 7nm 64-core rome server chip will hover around 3 watts/core @ 2.5 GHz. Thus it's not too far fetched to see AMD release a dual-core 2.5 GHz mobile SoC with a TDP of 3.5W which would fit perfectly on phones. Clocks would throttle down to 2 GHz for 100% load on both cores but given how insanely high its IPC is it would destroy qualcum and aplel in anything non-hardware accelerated (ie pure FP64 math). Though given how AMD has made it to the big boy's league they'll probably just focus on 95W 16-core processors for AM4.

Anyway to answer you question OP: it's bottom of the barrel ARM infested low spec dogshit.

Attached: images (3).jpg (271x186, 7K)

What would you fags do with it? Just gut bloat to make it fast and efficient? How would programs be designed to take advantage of the touch screen? I dont think a number of the open source programs have been designed for mobile interfaces.

Sounds neat but I'm not buying it until my S5 craps out. I truly love my S5, it is a powerful machine and the last good Samsung phone.

i dont have pockets that deep to carry a laptop with gsm capability around to make phone calls. fanny packs are for faggots

no, not even close. the added layer of shit on top of a run of the mill linux distro that android is totally not needed and only gets in the way of doing things. i dont fucking need a nanny gui nor hardware locks

>android has is*

the way i see it, only 2 things need touch support: phone/messaging program and browser. and any current browser supports touch events pretty nicely ootb (interface scaling can be done by the os if needed)

Holy fuck this made me orgasm

i like how you never mention the price tag nor the fact its never ever gonna get released

600 bucks isn't that bad especially considering that it's expected to live far longer than your average smart phone would.
Nice trips

>How would programs be designed to take advantage of the touch screen? I dont think a number of the open source programs have been designed for mobile interfaces.
The developer of the phone is working with the GNOME developers to upstream support for a mobile touch based interface.

Bump