How do you feel knowing that desktop computers will be gone by the end of the next decade?

How do you feel knowing that desktop computers will be gone by the end of the next decade?

Attached: article-630x354.500b5c9b.jpg (630x354, 53K)

I remember when people said that last decade

I don't know that.

They won't be, fuckwit.

L A T E N C Y
Also
>Relying on the interwebs for everything
How fucking dumb are you?

That's completely inconsistent with your implicit claim that a "cloud" will even exist for gaming to center around. Just what did you think that cloud would be made of? Cotton candy?

Desktop computer sales are continuing to fall, your point?

Attached: 100618_TECH_pcSales.jpg (550x370, 51K)

How do you feel knowing that I know that you know absolutely nothing abut what you are talking about?

ahh.. to be young and retarded

you're supposed to understand how technology works to post here

go back to club penguin or whatever you stupid kids are using these days

He's obviously implying most consumers will instead own lightweight devices that will just stream gameplay from big server hubs

Your stupid graph is dealing with proportions and doesn't account for the growth of the entire computing industry as a whole.

Nice reddit spacing, you stupid fag.

>big server hubs
AKA large and numerous desktop computers. Hence my point

>*show up to work*
>"here's your new tablet user, we are no longer using desktop computers"
dumbass

Not op, but I work at a telecom multinational, and we're studying and investing hard on edge computing and edge gaming. Latency is not a problem of a small server is installed at every 5G station.
Actually, the problem is the other way around entirely, we need use cases that justify the huge ass investment needed for 5G, considering LTE barely payed itself yet, and 5G devices basically are non-existant.
On that note, you can quote me on that, don't be surprised if 5G ends up being your only connection soon.

Latency is going down especially as networks get faster, human minds are pathetic, anything around 10 ms is good enough for 99 percent of people.

Jesus, Jow Forums has fallen a long way.

You also have to account the growth of the electronics industry and the growth of the economy in general, computers are on their way out, we're born mobile.

Attached: internet-connected-devices.png (1200x801, 573K)

>le reddit spacing meme

the last pathetic attempt to argue of the retarded underage turd

One google search:

- Liquid Sky
- Parsec
- vortex
- Paper Space

All cloud gaming services..

A desktop computer is a personal computer that fits on or under a desk. It typically has a peripheral monitor, keyboard, mouse, and either a horizontal or vertical (tower) form factor.

A server hub is a large group of networked computer servers typically used by organizations for the remote storage, processing, or distribution of large amounts of data.

>Desktop computer sales are continuing to fall, your point?
>computers are on their way out
>posts one chart that shows market share and another that shows unit sales have been steady

The only thing you've shown is that there's a new market, not that the old one is being displaced, you idiot

Lol, the new market is China, Africa, and India, and they ain't buying desktop computers.

Attached: 17-01-23_Pad-Ex_Blog-table_EN.jpg (1200x688, 374K)

>posts another share comparison

That doesn't show PC sales declining, it shows mobile increasing. This is not hard to understand.

>PCs aren't dead they just hold 0% of the market, learn to read plebian

Nobody will accept it until Sony/Microsoft come with it as the next Playstation/Xbox. And that won't happen until internet is good enough.
10ms is acceptable, but I'm 30km away from the capital and I'm getting 6ms on the backbone node and that's only one kilometer of non-optical wiring. Imagine living in midwest.

Also not until the service itself is entirely free. Or paid, but the games are free. Otherwise it's like leasing an Xbox, holy shit.

The summary of this thread: OP and alikes are fucking retarded numales.

At worst desktop computers will be considered a niche segment, but they will not disappear.
Besides, do you think "hardcore" PC gaymers and power users will switch to mobile systems? They haven't ever done that, why would they start now? Desktop is decreasing only among the general population, in the next news, the sky is blue.

>tfw this data is 6+ years old
where does the time go, anons

Attached: 0cbpdjii3pa11.png (645x729, 105K)

>>Relying on the interwebs for everything
>How fucking dumb are you?
Implying we will have the choice not to.

For personal use, couldn't care less. It'll never happen in the enterprise world though. Too many systems vital for your day to day life still run on XP or 7.

This is an idiotic argument though, nobody will purchase a new desktop computer and install XP or 7 on it (an enterprise level), so if they don't upgrade that means desktop sales are being stalled anyway.

I already know multiple places that literally have Raspberry Pis in their offices, which act as entry portals to one large main server that does all the actual processing.

That's a terminal then. And that's technically still a desktop, just for poorfags. You still sit infront of a screen and mash keys on a keyboard. It's also a terrible, laggy and unresponsive experience and you will pull your hairs out by the end of the month.

Terminal, that's the term I was looking for. Wouldn't be surprised if companies started using tablets to fill a similar role for the sake of "flexibility".

you can't work efficiently on tablets

I don't give a shit. If desktops ever go away, I'll just buy a server.

A desktop will always be more powerful and will always be cheaper than an equally priced laptop.
So people who need more powerful and cheaper computers will buy them.
Portable sales are rising because everyone has a computer now. 90% of people use computers for facebook, word and netflix.
These people will never need a powerful computer so they buy laptops.
The other 10% will always need desktops.
But I guess OP can't understand this. The brain hasn't fully developed when you are 12, so it is expected.

I already remote into lots of things and the experience is almost always garbage. Unless you're on a gigabit LAN, the bandwidth and latency are annoying at best.

But you can take it with you, so you can work anywhere! Isn't that amazing?

I don't know, some "expert" can probably convince a bunch of clueless execs that switching to tablets would be a good idea.

This. And no, the shitty flap keyboards don't replace laptops, not until they come with real desktop system and a touchpad beats touchscreen any day.

>Going back to terminals
Damn that déjà vu

Forgot pic

Attached: 719701.jpg (620x465, 20K)