/hpg/ - Headphone General

Driver matched edition

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread

Attached: danbooru.donmai.us 3096040 1girl audio-technica bad_id bad_twitter_id black_skirt bow bowtie breasts (850x1127, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
head-fi.org/threads/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more.513393/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for beyers

Attached: katzendynamic.jpg (750x726, 38K)

I don't like either of the threads because no feet but I guess I like this one more since she's cuter.

anime is gay

Stax

stax web site

Referring back to previous thread please do not bully for this question this is a no bullying zone. ATH-ADG1X or ATH-PDG1 for maximum comfort? Or maybe the Game One/P37X but they seem a bit on the small side for my BIG ears. I need an ATH expert.

Attached: 1543521420331.png (336x376, 32K)

gaymur 1 seems comfy to me.

quick question, would i need anything to drive a modded (i could paste the description)
Fostex T50RP on a pc?

have budget around $25
reccomend me headphones

An amp is highly recommended for those

I have an ATH AD900x. And yes the earpads dont fit your whole ear. I would say my ears are of average size.

I also hate the headband and have to use a rubberband mod.

superlux

ty for reply, would have recommendations? I've been lurking kinda and have stumbled upon the FiiO E17, ATOM AMP and o2. im relatively poorfag and something portable would be nice

Planars are typically pretty power hungry. I would reccomend jds labs atom, if you think your onboard audio is clean enough then you dont need a dac, atom has 3.5mm input.

Yes I have heard people don't like the floppy wing headband design. It seems like I may get the PDG1 after all. They seem more closely in line with the cushiness of my previous headset due to their oval shape instead of rounded. Though for future reference, do people say only good things about the DT770/880? I am gonna get a music only headphone setup down the line.

seems like a meme chink headphone

>>Best electrostatic Stax headphones sound worse than average dynamic "mid-fi" cans
>>
>>$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
>>aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

How is it possible that best Stax electrostats sound worse than cheapo dynamic cans? Looks like Stax is just an another audiophool garbage manufacturer. Also Stax is a chink-fi company now, maybe this affected their production quality even more.

Attached: 1479171454501.png (480x468, 207K)

But all that study says is that $300 sennheisers sound worse than $30 portapros.

There were no HD600 and Porta Pros in this study, maybe you are talking about a different one

they're THE cheap chink meme headphone

Stax incels on suicide watch lmao

Are you mad, you inhuman looking, ugly, mongloid, mysterbreed-mutt, halfbreed Negroid?
You are as ugly on the inside as you are on the outside.

whats the difference between the hd6xx and hd58x?

>t. triggered stax incel

the price tag, all snapheisers are muddy low-fi garbage

They're both driver matched so I'd say you're good to go with either one.

T50 mods are really hard to drive, for a desktop i would use either the atom or the fiio k3, for portable maybe the fiio Q1

The owner of woo audio is a chink but the company itself is based in New York and the products are made in the usa. Also stax is still ran by japs and everything is still manufactured in Japan.

100% pussy repellent

Attached: ImageResizer.jpg (993x640, 54K)

Gortamor didn't happen but it should've, gas all micks

3d pussy is disgusting

shit wrong pic

Attached: 408492ec37bc1413a0c2.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Good, thots be gone.

who needs pussy when you have nigger dick

>implying that japanese chinks are not chinks
Enjoy your chink-fi loser

today's second hand haul.
that one user with that oasis album in his picture got me to find a copy sitting around in a pawn shop, got it for free.
also got an i7 and 16gb ddr3 from a broken computer, sold the i7 for 80 dollars today so if u got any neets that need work, sell broken computers to repair shops lol

Attached: IMG_20181227_151905.jpg (3480x4640, 2.38M)

What headphone has good mids, a large sound stage, great imaging, a decent amount of bass, and a slightly emphasized amount of treble?

go home sapphire

There is no "sound stage" in headphones.

Oh and $2000 budget

GO THE FUCK HOME SAPPHIRE

>honorary aryans are chunks
Seething nostaxer

All asians are soulless insectoids

tfw he doesn't realize most great hifi components are japanese made

>Calls made in japan stax chinkfi
>Shill made in china akg shit
Saphire really jumped the shark on this one

i want something that will blow my ears off literally

go home sapphire

beyer

buy any pair of headphones, hook them up to one of schiit's products, and wait

lmao this is so ironic since cheap chinese akgs sound significantly better than ""great japanese hifi"" stax shitphones

sapphire if you do not go home one shall be provided to you by the state

>t. triggered stax incel

lmao triggered eternally butthurt nostax incel sapphire mad that sennheiser and shitgaygee was exposed as audiophool garbage, suffers from extreme mental illness and buyers remorse

u asked for it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

you go home too sapphire
also checked

said the murican mudskin

>stax incel sapphire mad that sennheiser and shitgaygee was exposed as audiophool garbage, suffers from extreme mental illness and buyers remorse
True

you are also sapphire and you must also go home

AKG K712.
Or for that price you could just get Stax and/or the Sennheiser HD800S.

i cant tell, is this sapphire or not

Hi giuys

Stax are objectively garbage though and they sound like shit, it's a scientific fact

oh wait this one is sapphire!
go home

>earpad dont fit your whole ear

They do on mines. You must have really big ears. I swap it for brainwavz earpad after the OEM pad got flatten. The hole is the same size how could your ear not fit?

t. earlet

Attached: 20181216_161721.jpg (2560x1440, 1.48M)

How the hell could you think I was sapphire when I recommended Stax? He'd never do that, he'd shill for the HD600 and say that the HD800S are "objectively garbage".

atom, archel pro, or magni 3?

atom > magni 3 > archel pro

atom

Sapphire is calling others sapphire because he, like the jew, fears being named the most.

he should just stop being a jackass if he doesn't wan't to be named but I guess that's difficult for him

Attached: wojak_in_bed.jpg (1200x1366, 135K)

what does a DAC do

Finally an answer. I wouldn't mind more suggestions.

it converts digital to analog

stax

Waiting for my Atom. It seemed like the best of those three to me.

just bought a HD58X

should have got a beyer instead

He already suggested it.
Me 2

>stax
Objectively garbage

What are the highest quality headphones one could buy in the $150 usd price range?

dt880 pro

>Me 2
Neat. Post when you get it.

You too. I love the glowing light on nob :3

This.

>You too
Will do. Though mine probably won't be here until next Monday.
>the glowing light on nob
I'm actually not too keen on that. Does anyone know if you can turn it off?

Is the atom a meme? Why are people recommending it so much?

Apparently it's pretty good. Will tell when I get mine.

>I'm actually not too keen on that. Does anyone know if you can turn it off?
COME ON user!!!!!
I'll let you know once I get it.

Attached: 1469670510429.png (1024x1387, 1.28M)

Its solid. Have had mine since Dec 12th

>COME ON user!!!!!
I mean, I only really want it off when I'm not using it. Otherwise I guess it's useful to locate the knob. Are you the AKG trap or the guy who wants to smell velour earpads?

No why would you think that?

>he like things that glow in the dark
disgusting

The cuteposting.

head-fi.org/threads/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more.513393/
this says the dt990 have the best bass but everyone else says the dt770s do. so which one should i get?

It looks cool.
I'm just a regular girl and thanks! :3

>he thinks he's a girl

Attached: 1511566659476.png (286x368, 197K)

Is really good, i just wish it would be a bit haevier

>he thinks he's a brat

Attached: Combat Ready Cravat.png (226x211, 127K)