Lamentations of advertisers

twitter.com/Chronotope/status/1078017237552902145

Attached: wailing of advertisers.png (1040x1460, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/verizon-x-uidh
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: loladmen.png (1040x892, 188K)

>the 7000+ ad products that suck money out of the ecosystem as middlemen but don't appear to be producing anything useful except worse user experiences
bu-but I'm useful!

Attached: boohoo.png (1040x986, 211K)

marketing is the most cancerous industry humanity has ever created. it should be fucking banned from the face of earth. fuck jews and fuck keynesianism

Attached: rachel.png (1040x2078, 1.26M)

Based and agreed

Attached: pao.jpg (640x593, 70K)

True. Imagine what kind of products could be made if the billion upon billions of dollars spend in advertising and marketing were used in something else.

>We can't track the people!
Oooh nooos! the horror!

Seriously, what will it take for them to give up on this. Just stop imagining that you are entitled to tracking information.

Although with cookies, and some mobile carriers like verizon patching tracking headers into HTTP requests (TLS breaks this, since headers are internal), I don't see cell tower switches actually preventing tracking a whole lot.
eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/verizon-x-uidh

Absolutely no lies detected here. Advertisements are the perfect incentive for all the garbage content that has been filling the web in the last years, just look at YouTube, all those shit tier clickbaits for getting that sweet ad money.

Attached: 1525830721085.png (605x522, 210K)

Based advertisers. Fuck Faceberg and Jewgle.

Apparently not good ones
If you can't advertise that you're better, how would that information get to others?
If anything it would help with regional monopolies that would only lower quality

>based advertisers
>fuck Faceberg and Jewgle
What did he mean by this?

(((Ads industrial complex)))

The original old school way of making money: your site gets popular, people rent ad space from you. How the payments get broken up are up to you. Now a days: you have a site, you install some sort of google adsense shit on it, you datamine or google does ot for you, you make .005 cents per click or "view" and you sell your users information.

>Journalist The Washington Post
Please Ref Link to Amazon guys!
Amazon is safe buys.
>t. Lex Bezos

>inb4 everyone switches to custom encrypted transports over HTTP

that's fucking bullshit and if you believe it and aren't a paid shill then you're fucking retarded
how often do you become aware of an actually good product through advertisements? without ads people would be forced to spend a little time analyzing their options from non biased data and not making impulsive and emotional buying decisions based on psychological manipulation
not to mention non paid personal experience from other buyers tends to be the best form of advertisement anyways

This.

>every subreddit constantly gains subscribers
>no matter how niche, they all gain subscribers
>see mr VC it would be unwise to cut funding. we're constantly growing
who saw that coming

cry me a fucking river

but then again without dumb normies clicking every top 10 clickbait title this problem wouldn't exist. so maybe the normies are the problem and we should ban them and send them back to watching tv? maybe internet should be for most people just a passive media consumption channel and maybe a shopping channel. everything else is wasted on the sub 130 iq plebs

>twitter bullshit
fuck off and die

>normies
you're part of the problem

>nobody knows how to do this
what is a MAC address, as well as other unique identifiers
fucking idiots

shut-in aspie kys

>If you can't advertise that you're better, how would that information get to others?

A peer review system like science currently has. Regular demonstration fairs.

The hostility from advertising is it is a psychological trap shoved in your face near every possible way you turn and nearly all your waking life. There is nothing wrong with the old fashioned go to shops/market square/convention and actually see the thing and examine it on a more intimate level than the gross marketing ads we get instead made to manipulate your wants rather than needs. If only the everyday consumer were more pragmatic and sensible of course...

Even Windows 10 has an option to use random MAC addresses now

and thus the newfriend reveals himself

>MAC address
>unique
>not lost after the first hop
If it was that magical, everyone would already be using it for tracking, you fucking retard. And you have the nerve to call someone else an idiot.

>Wow, despite us hounding an interrupting people's work with our brand our sales won't go up
>Some of our sales re going down after ads, WHAT'S GOING ON???
It's a mystery...

Attached: 1490208912932.jpg (962x1300, 114K)

>The original old school way of making money: your site gets popular, people rent ad space from you
So sites that aren't already popular will never get the chance to make some money from ads? This would kill the internet as we know it, because it will mean only people rich enough to pay for a website off their own pocket until it reached a certain threshold to rent ad spaces would survive.

>This would kill the internet as we know it
(AND THAT'S A GOOD THING)

>So sites that aren't already popular will never get the chance to make some money from ads?

In the old days people used to make websites and maintain them as a hobby. They weren't out there to make money from it. Just to have fun documenting some dorky activity of theirs whatever it was, or just to communicate some niche interest with others.

>This would kill the internet as we know it,

And that's bad...?

>because it will mean only people rich enough to pay for a website off their own pocket until it reached a certain threshold to rent ad spaces would survive.

That's a ludicrous fallacy. If you're ambition was to make and sustain a behemoth of a site then sure - only the rich could afford to do so. But you act as if there wasn't a time before now where it was perfectly the norm for even your average PC literate folk to buy a cheap domain and do whatever they wanted not giving a shit whether they got so many millions of views from normies.

> legit advertisers
No such thing. They're all liars, even if they're not scammers.

why look elsewhere? everything thats happened to Jow Forums over the past years has been determined by financial incentives to make it somehow profitable

>Seriously, what will it take for them to give up on this.
Nothing. The problem is that you're misreading how they think about this kind of stuff. Chairwoman Pao and her cohorts don't look at this from the point of view where the tracking is secondary to the selling of a product. To Pao and friends, the tracking is the entire point of the operation, the selling of a product is secondary and only important in the sense that it provides funding to engage in the tracking.

The entire operation is about power and control. Facebook's "big break" was that Zuckerberg stole it at the same time the CIA decided to shelve Operation Lifelog because the centralized data-entry and collection was too inefficient, leading to them transferring the funding to Facebook. A similar story can be told for pretty much every piece of social media (snapchat is purely a means of collecting facial data and thumbprints).

It has never been about anything but power and control.

> Director, Ad Tech @washingtonpost. Dev @pressfwd. Tech for journalism. Prev: @salon, @cfo, econ/game Journo. Ex-altac. Tweets not representing employer
literally in the business of bullshitting
"legit"

You're still going to end up looking at biased data as the provider of a product or service has to describe what it is one way or another, but otherwise yeah, we would all be better off if everyone used adblockers, muted tv ads, and advertisers didn't resort to making the content you want to see an advertisement, or even more invasive measures, like calling you out IRL in front of crowds of people to pressure you into buying or doing something.

>what are independent reviews
>what are objective technical specs
>what is looking at the product in person

advertising is a financial crutch to bad content that can't stand on it's two legs. if you think your stuff is worth people money, demand it. if it fails, your content suck and you should do something else (a.k.a. stop dreaming and get a job)

So is this something that a lot of powerful people are starting to complain about just now? If so, you can bet they're not about to give up on using the Internet to manipulate people. They may intend to replace annoying psychological trickery with heavy social pressure, blackmail, and false moral mandates, which they may erroneously think they're too "on the right side of history" for that to affect them. They might even be preparing for a social credit triple Orwellian nightmare which Andrew Yang, and thus the rest of the Democrats (who are very well positioned to win), want to implement.

Those aren't always available for you to read or do.

lol adfags butthurt over latest influx of truth crowding them out of the market
stay mad, liars

Attached: IMG_20181215_231759.jpg (615x409, 31K)

This. They are parasitic towards manufacturers and consumers alike, and are the financial incentive for invasions of privacy. Fuckem.

Unironically this.

Run an adblocker. Install an adblocker for your parents. Install an adblocker for your son/daughter. Never directly link to a website with advertisements. Always use archive.is links.

The MSM will die. Facebook/Google/Twitter will die. Make it happen.

lmao we'd spend 40% of it on bombs and 30% of it on lawyers. Western Civilization is the best we've got and it's an enormous dumpster fire. Humanity was a mistake.

Not sure if relevant, but...

I'm an 80s kid. In the 80s and 90s I learned about products primarily through magazine ads, magazine reviews, and catalog descriptions. TV ads might alert me to something new, but I didn't really learn about it there.

Those three sources tended to be very informative, at least for technical products (computers, software, cameras, cars, etc). You knew you had to take all of them with a grain of salt. But at the same time if a company advertised a 0-60 time of 5s and the car really took 6.5s, some reviewer would point it out (at the least) and/or someone was getting sued (at the most).

Fast forward to today: I use ad blockers on my browsers. For new developments I follow blogs that I trust. For info I look up reviewers that I trust as well as manufacturer specs. Web advertising plays literally NO roll in my purchase decisions. It's all bullshit in my eyes.

Make of that what you will....

People who work in it are all fake scum. They are literally soulless NPC's, regardless of what political ideology they espouse.

I'm sure deep down they're acutely aware that all this marketing is grade A bullshit. You can see this in the way they get extremely defensive and overreact when you point out that marketing materials are not entirely honest, even if it's materials from a competitor which they obviously did not make.

I seem to remember something about some major corporations pulling their ads from the likes of Google and Facebook for the exact reasons mentioned in this thread. This was a year or two ago. Regardless,I'm fairly certain the movement is growing,probably due in part to the recent European laws. It would be nice to see this shit die in my lifetime.

what if we made our own Jow Forums internet that wasn't easy to use like tv so people in the community wouldnt come and shit it up

Daily reminder to install ad nauseum

Attached: 6C330E17594A4A4F8BEDCEA06BC890D8.jpg (750x629, 70K)

>Advertising endpoints caring about accuracy of their impression statistics
Getting good info via fingerprinting mechanisms is easy enough, but considering every company I've worked with had inflated "unique impression" metrics or advertised a bigger userbase to advertise against, there's literally a negative incentive to do it. Pao is either lying or was lied to.

I'll gladly bullshit my way into getting any cushy desk job.

why jewgle spends so much on lobbying.

jews/leftists/corporations want libertarianism for themselves but big government, regulation and high taxes for the goy.

>t. mad that tech is making people fake even though it's only an outlet for people to express their fakeness

regulate it to 20% of viewable screen surface just like ad times on tv per hour. jpeg, gif or webm and that's it, snd of story.

this

I work for a company that feeds contact information to companies to advertise against, and runs email/social ad campaigns etc.

Targeted marketing is the best thing that could possibly have happened from a user perspective. All you fuckers shouting about how it's the devil and the industry is soulless haven't spent a second thinking of what would happen to your lives if it went away tomorrow

>MUH EBIL AD COMPANIES
Grow the fuck up

>yes goy, you must be grateful we're providing those helpful ads to you!
kys

This guy gets it

As somebody who lives in an apartment its always amusing to get ads for like redoing the driveway and shit, and I can understand that perhaps "targeted" ads would be more useful.

On the otherhand, you subhuman turbo jew information thieves can go fuck yourselves with rusty knives. How about NO advertisement bullshit instead? How about I dont open my fucking mailbox to 30 fucking ads about stupid bullshit?

Attached: 1544826160970.png (815x643, 104K)

You say that only because you haven’t experienced the hell that is marketing for yourself.

Guess again sweetheart, look at that label on the European one. Definitely worth the extra.

Attached: 1240171_559108757488053_1849119847_n.jpg (741x711, 100K)

You're complaining about bad advertising, i get that. If you're getting spam, report it as spam to your mail provider. Getting your send IP banned for being bad is actually a serious thing when you live and die on inbox placement and open rates. Companies that sell shitty lists or advertise against shitty lists deserve to get blacklisted

all advertising is bad advertising
people who are even perceptive of it in any way are inferior and should be culled

best add system so far is viral marketing by making a fun or interesting video.
The second method is shilling, tricking people into thinking that the shared opinion is from an actual user and that theres a consensus about that particular product being good. this second method is much harder and requires a lot of work but actually fails with people that have paranoid tendencies and can back fire very rapidly.

The best tip to avoid shills(no adblock can block them) is to stay away from big groups, basically don't visit reddit much, smaller groups are relatively immune to this. if someone tries to shill in Jow Forums it feels out of touch and people will point it out, they usually try to counter this effect by using activist shiills, very brainwashed people that identify a bran like a son or a nation, so they will spread their message like no tomorrow and give the appearance that their product is desired and has a user base. An example for this would be Rust people posting their obscure language that nobody uses nor hires people for it in an attempt to make it mainstream meanwhile other langauges dumber with retarded logos have more traction and less activity.

(this comment is not a copy pasta)

of course you say that, who would want their paychecks to stop coming in?

>haven't spent a second thinking of what would happen to your lives if it went away tomorrow
I installed an ad blocker and my life literally improved.

>tech is only an outlet for people to express their fakeness

are you fucking retarded?

I haven't seen an ad online in forever. My life improved online substantially. I've noticed no negative reaction to not seeing shitty ads everywhere. Please tell us how our lives would be barren without ads.

Did 2/3 Years as a Marketing undergrad. Can confirm that it is the most buzzwordy, bullshit field of study known to man. I cannot think of one actionable skill I manage to take from the whole degree apart from my statistics and economics courses. Found it mind-numbingly dull, even as a relative brainlet.
Pretty sure at least half of the people in the field have no real skills, and are making it up on the fly.

Glad I got out, what a soulless field

>I have collected incriminating evidence against Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton in my personal possession.
You should release it publicly sooner rather than later.

Attached: DotDotBang _ DotDotBang Store _ Squishy, Stationery and Accessories Online Shop(3).jpg (90x89, 3K)