This is all you will need for coding in 2019

Say something nice about it.

Attached: serveimage.png (1200x1195, 16K)

n-n-nice shade of blue?????

I actually enjoy it, since it's faster than Atom. Vim and Emacs are ugly shit.

Thank you based Microsoft for best text editor in the history

>faster than atom
Really? My atom is slightly faster than vscode.

I tell everyone to use it for anything not Java.

It’s hard to find much wrong with it other than being created by Microsoft and in Electron, and even those have their benefits.

Its pretty good.

Unironically Microsoft gave me a Microhard with this software. Good stuff Billy Boy.

one of the few microsoft software I enjoy using

> vscode with vim shortcuts

Is this a winning combination? Reading O’Reilly’s guide to vim (kino so far) and I already use vscode

Attached: 2C28F937-8FD5-439E-B6B8-21394EC80559.jpg (699x800, 138K)

It literally just werks

I don't get why people like it so much. I use it as my default text editor but it's not that great. If you want to use to build programs you have to make configuration files like a plebeian. For actual programming I use a dedicated IDE or one of small general purpose IDE's.

I like it because just as said, it just works out of the box without any unnecessary feature bloat.

Typescript and vscode are the only good things ever to come out of Microsoft

Thanks based Microsoft for letting me write websites, programs, notes, essays and more for free and also offering the best extension library and the best most intuitive design ever.

Why what’s up with Java? I’d like to know since I’ll have to take a class on it soon.

just works for what exactly ?

it sucks nigger cock

Coding

IntelliJ

VSCode has shit support for java, MS wants you to use C# instead. Plus there's IntelliJ and Ecplise which are shit but still make Java stuff better than VScode.

Not sure why people use this over the real visual studio. Especially if you have the HD space.

Because VS is a bloated piece of shit thats slow as fuck. Code opens fast, has all the basic features you want + extensions, and doesn't have a nightmare interface with a million tiny windows and buttons you never use.

I still use emacs kek

That's not a pic of emacs

you can use it for non Microsoft stuff like compiling with clang, gcc, etc. The program is meant to be a replacement for notepad, notepad++, vim, nano, etc not a true IDE replacement.

How does it compare to a real text editor like Sublime

It now supports Java and has an official Spring extension. But still I prefer IntelliJ Idea.

I use jetbrains software instead

Attached: 1544484327399.jpg (125x125, 3K)

>Is this a winning combination? Reading O’Reilly’s guide to vim (kino so far) and I already use vscode

Can confirm. Use VS Pro and Code for professional development, the combination with vsvim is time saving and awesome.

The worfklow and plugins are vastly superior. Default settings are good enough unlike Sublime.

It takes 2 or 3 seconds longer to open.

>doesn't support XP
intothetrashitgoes.vs

The sheer amount of people that don't have the attention span to handle emacs, vim, or even nano is disgusting. You're all underage

Depends what language you're using. For lower level languages like C or Java it's no better than other edtiors, but it's amazing for javascript and literally the only choice for typescript.

Its not notepad

found the mentally retarded

t. autismo

>he doesn't use vscode with vim keys

> VS Code
> Electron
> Chromium
> By Microsoft
Using it would be the digital equivalent of sticking my dick in a biohazard disposal unit

Fast and relatively lightweight editor with full support for my dialy work developments, lots of plugins and themes. Replaced Atom with Code after 3 days using it.

Also there's Flutter support

vscode + vscodevim

Road to serenity

>all this blatant shilling
BLEGH

Java is shit so this is a good thing. Based microsoft

Junior dev here. Can someone tell me what's the hype with code editors (especially VS Code)? I feel like IDEs have better quality of life features?

It's shilling.

>everyone who likes something I don't like is a shill
>coping this hard
VSC gives you the same features, without the IDE overhead. you get autocompletion, debugging, etc if you want, and there's an extension for almost anything so you pick what you want and it won't ever be tied to one or a few languages. it's also free and open source unlike the big IDEs like MSVS, JetBrains's IntelliJ/CLion/PyCharm etc.

VSCode implements electron and microsoft bloatware, it's like getting raped by google and microshit

IntelijIdea-based IDEs are bloated as fuck but they are also comfy (depending the language)

For PHP I use phpstorm (jetbrains)
For Go and js/TypeScript I use vscode (microsoft)
For Rust I use Clion (JetBrains)

I read the blurb and it sounds nice to me. Not sure what the problem is. Visual Studio has always been the equivalent of JetBrain's IDEs, but for MS languages.

This. I won't ever stop using EMACS, but pycharm is bretty decent

DO
NOT
USE
NON
FOSS
BLOATED
SOFTWARE
USE
EMACS

I still use sublime. Not sure why people give me shit for it.

Attached: tara.jpg (1029x578, 66K)

Qt

>NON
>FOSS
its foss you dumblet

Really useful for real work

> t. Microsoft Windows user