This was a gaming motherboard in 2002

>this was a gaming motherboard in 2002

What the fuck happened?

Attached: 51E20AD5-B027-4F8F-B582-07F6C68585A0.jpg (480x402, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tweaktown.com/reviews/1737/dfi_lanparty_ut_x58_t3eh8_core_i7_motherboard/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Capitalism.

RGB is useful for wealth signalling. You can still get minimal rgb if you look for it, it just costs the same.

desu, i kinda like rgb lights, my rtx 2070 that came in the mail last saturday has them.

My case, keboard and mouse are also rgb. Nothing else though

Attached: desktoprgb.jpg (640x480, 32K)

No, it was not.

>buy case whitout a window
>mod fans so they stop glowing
>motherboard still glows
>shines through the ventilation holes and slits of the case
>its the only light source in my room other than my screens and the red LED in the dot of the i of my thinkpad
>somehow really distracting
fuck consumerism and this "gamer" trash

>VIA chipset
kek, no

RGB is dank, go back you your MacBook fags.

>motherboard still glows
If you bother to look into your bios you might not have that issue

>cuckusa

>gpu has an RGB light that blinks constantly
>mouse has an RGB that scrolls through every color constantly
>both can only be disabled with some proprietary shitware
fuck off with this shit

Attached: 1466574807417.jpg (854x706, 96K)

i disabled uefi

You can't disable Uefi you faggot

>crack them open
>cut the power that goes to the LEDs

2018 "gaming motherboard". Not really much difference.

Attached: e305446d470aa94c890a21f4581f43bb.1600.jpg (500x410, 59K)

I bet your the kinda faggot to use arch but on an MBR drive because legacy BIOS is older so it must be more reliable

>the LEDs are wired in series with the actual mouse control

Attached: motd.gif (197x236, 360K)

i'd fucking believe this, honestly

R E N T
F R E E

Attached: 1240171_559108757488053_1849119847_n.jpg (741x711, 100K)

The MSI A68HM-E33V2 has PS2 and VGA ports, DDR3, no M.2Sata and an AMD CPU socket. This is a low-end budget mITX, not a gaming motherboard.

>mITX
u fuckin wot nigger

>has PS2 and VGA ports, DDR3, no M.2Sata and an AMD CPU socket.
god help us

do all the new gaming mobos with RGB allow you to turn them off in the BIOS?

t. still using 2011 ASUS Sabertooth P67 with 2600k

>low-end budget
what do you think OP's shitty cherrypicked three-slot/two DIMM board is?

Techie fags believe turn on leds is advance Electronics engineer topic.

Modders,overclockers put a lot leds because muh techie, arduino fags learn control leds.

Gaming brands copy style Modders, Brands compite to put moar leds

They stopped using green solder mask because it's less aesthetically pleasing to most people and other colors don't really cost more. Other than that, motherboards still look the same, with the exception that some have plastic shrouds and lights, which also add to the aesthetic for little cost. Like it or not, some people will buy a motherboard based on what it looks like, so manufacturers respond to that.

i just wanted a all black motherboard like that to bad now I get black with a billion fucking other colors. Why arent solid colors okay? Fuck RGB faggots

Who cares. Either you care about the aesthetics of your motherboard, which means you're just as bad as RGBfags, or you don't and that means it doesn't matter if it's color puke. The only excuse I could see is if you don't like lights in your PC, but usually you can turn them off.

I fucking hate puke green color alright thats all completely solid color motherboards would be pretty great, The RGB fags make it so I cannot have solid color motherboards because it has to be fucking flashy GOLD or some other garbage color like RED accents. At least solid colors would be nice.

I have just an RGB mouse and i made mine soild blue to match my keyboard
i changed it with software I downloaded

that's about all i know about RGB.
I don't have rgb (because skylake)
but yeah.

pascal cards didn't have software to turn them off you have to download something nvidia made
to turn them off.
I have the EVGA version so idk

I have neon green on almost everything
lighter greens look yuck i have to agree

>AGP x8 slot
>no it is not
kill yourself

Gaymers ruin everything.

that's not a real gaming motherboard from 2002, that's a budget machine. Intel had just released the pentium 4 and I had a crazy asus motherboard and a 2.4ghz p4 overclocked to 3ghz at the time with overclocked rambus ram

There was no "gaming" branding back then. There were just motherboards. Honestly I prefer how sleek and black everything looks now, though I could do without all the RGB shit that's obviously being marketed at 12 year old boys who are just a few steps above sleeping in a race car bed.

>vga
>2018

>this was a gaming motherboard in 2013
What the fuck happened?

Attached: 1537133134993.jpg (755x1000, 232K)

>2002
>am2 board
that isn't an early 2000's gaming board. that was a late 2000's budget board.

pic related is a early - mid 2000's gaming board. s939.

Attached: ABIT-AV8-3rd-Eye-Socket-939-AMD-Motherboard-with-_57.jpg (1600x1200, 502K)

sure glad the motherboard power has moved.

Why is it orange? Is it overheating?

Preach brother

INTEL 478 GAMING MOTHERBOARD RED AS MY RAGE

Attached: MSI_Intel-865G_Socket-478_DDR_ATX_Mother_Board_(865G_Neo2-P).jpg (640x480, 93K)

Why would you bought a mouse that needs proprietary software anyway...

Just break the LED.

Almost all of them need proprietary software to configure the RGB functions since there's no standard for RGB shit. You can use it as a regular mouse with standard drivers

Gaming motherboards should all be jet black.

>No mention of DFI Lanparty motherboards and their gaudy color schemes and UV slots

Smalltimers, the whole lot of you

tweaktown.com/reviews/1737/dfi_lanparty_ut_x58_t3eh8_core_i7_motherboard/index.html

Attached: 1737_6.jpg (400x417, 45K)

>dat heatsink
please, stop. I can only get so erect.

It continued to get worse and worse.

I wouldn't.

that's an x58 motherboard you cretin

>AM2 board
>2002
>when AM2 came out in 2006

MicroATX and mITX are different.

I thought it signaled "I have the tastes of a 14 year old."

why would I give a fuck, I just talked about AGP my man

no gamers buy mATX or ITX mobos.

they all buy ATX mobos because they like to imagine they will get like 6gpus one day or some thing. and they all have ugly old cases so they want some thing to look big in it.

You must be over 18 to browse this website.

now that's more like it

You missed out Ireland

What is actually the VRM, i.e. the MOSFETs themselves? I don't want a big heatsink to cool Niko PowerPAK or worse, D-PAK MOSFETs

I'll take RGB over gun shaped chipset heatsinks.

Attached: 85b.jpg (998x697, 209K)

>replace it with a diode

#REKT

>diode has smaller voltage drop than LED
>passes through twice the current at elevated voltage
>burns every single chip in the board because none of them have protection

>LED is used to bring 5v USB power line voltage down to 3v3 circuit and USB data line voltage

>what is a multimeter

gaming -> gay ming
the "old guard" of gamers and hardware enthusiasts got replaced by legions of retarded chinese faggots playing PUBG

>ErP ready
Yep, gaming board indeed.

kek

FUCK off. PUBG is not a trend anymore, leave us alone.

"Gaming" motherboard - that's your problem right there. Let the children have their toys with Blinky lights. Heres a real mans motherboard. Based Supermicro. Dual xeons for ALL the cores. 24 ram slots for ALL the ram. 4 gigabit ethernet ports, pci for days. Oh yeah, supports ECC ram instead of that pleb-tier shit ram. Why haven't you embraced enterprise hardware yet?

Attached: iu.jpg (640x622, 104K)

>gaming motherboard
wrong
>2002
also wrong

money, not everyone knows a guy who resell enterprise stuff after decom

> RGB is useful for wealth signalling
But even more expensive hardware look's like OP's pic.

Here's an actual high end board from that time.

- has SATA
- Nforce chipset with xbox audio features and other memes
- talks to you when there's a BIOS error, lets you upload custom wav files to the on board chip
- AGP pro that nobody needed
- proprietary slot for optional crappy wifi card
- 3GB RAM support

Attached: Asus_A7N8X-E_Deluxe_F.jpg (2553x2141, 2.84M)

Forgot to mention, it has dual ethernet with one being 1GBit

>What the fuck happened?
ZOOMERS

Bixnood, is that you?

We got materialistic and aesthetic as fuck, and Intel got better than AMD in relation to pic related.

Other point I can make from pic is the USB controller became partly integrated into the CPU so a high performance VIA USB controller was not needed so you will see lower end controllers motherboard for additional USB (not supported by the CPU) instead of VIA (have a few good USB 3.0 expansion cards that were made by VIA under a different brand name, better transfer speeds than onboard USB 3.0 ports on Z97).

I do miss the old Gigabyte Blue.

Attached: gigabyteud7a.jpg (1280x961, 413K)

>Dual xeons for ALL the cores
So what, less cores than dual EPYC could provide?

I miss core2 era heat pipes

It’s all readily available on eBay.

Sure if you’ve got the funds for it - would be pretty hard to find that on the used market though

Like they had any say on marketing or design. Like blaming the movie goers when the film producer went with some bland plot trope because the consumers wouldn't go to the more complex plot. We'll never know since you didn't make two films fuck face.

all im really saying is that I wish there were solid colors without the accent colors. i remember when everything was fucking green or shit brown.
This is pretty damn close to being solid red looks great. or

Any recommendations for a cheap server-like motherboard? Need something that can house plenty HDD and SSD (maybe even NVME) drives.

Most of the mainstream MOBOs, the control is by a proprietary software, most likely Windows only
>"Install windows, save a all turn off config, install lonix"
Nope

>Getting your pc all destroyed by airport security because of a plastic gun shaped heatsink

Those where the days

Why the fuck would you take a full ATX PC on a plane tho

>overclocks fsb to 230
>bios kills itself

These kind of cheap board are marketed towards 2nd and 3rd world country that still use old peripherals with ancient connectors, like old printers and shit (if it ain't broken...).

Not me, was a Counter Strike player if i am not mistaken, and he was coming back from a LAN party or some shit event

My motherboard has tons of RGB, I just turn that shit off

I still have the box of my A8N5X s939 nForce 4 mobo
Athlon 64, those were the days

(Pic related) my first mobo for gaming back in 07'. Regrettably, my OG PC was stolen from my dorm room at University.

Attached: Asus_A7N8X-E_Deluxe_F.jpg (2141x2553, 1.83M)

My gtx 970 has a light constantly on and my case has a glass side so i have to either move the PC or sleep facing away from my computer
I've decided to move the PC
why do companies add features which can't be disabled or are unnecessary altogether

>Not having a hardware dedicated button to change modes or turn of the leds

God i really dont regret on buying Sapphire

You have no idea how jealous I was of the nf2 fags. 30% or so performance difference just from the mobo.

just get a bit of tape to cover the thing

where to get one with non retardedly shaped heatsinks tho

I have one of these, a 400MHz FSB Athlon XP 3200+, a Sound Blaster Audigy2 and a Geforce 7800GS AGP. I should throw it all inside some old gaymen case and sell it to some zoomer for like $300. I have absolutely no nostalgia for games of the era, and consumer machines aren't really my thing. I could buy a nice PA-RISC Visualize with the profit.

>Socket AM2
>in 2002

doubt.jpg