/mkg/ - Mechanical Memeboards General

/mkg/ - Alternative Switches Edition

>Non standard switch types only!
>what do you have
>what do you want
>why did you have to buy a keyboard with browns because you couldnt use one with clears since you still live at your basement
>why is this placebo
>why are you poor and you have to chose a keyboard with chink cherry mx knockoffs
>why do you type faster at your rubber dome $5 keyboard
>why did you spent your paycheck on those fancy keycaps
>why did you spent $200 in a keyboard and you aren't able to touchtype
>why haven't you been to gboards.ca

Attached: 6BCAC713-9041-43CB-8A87-7FAF923B187E.jpg (419x314, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AoO7kybBacE
candykeys.com/product/gmk-greek-olivetti
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

K120 GOOD
TOPRE BAD

that poor membrane keyboard
at least he knows the proper way to use a keyboard

Attached: datahand.jpg (800x600, 67K)

>rubber domes good
>rubber domes bad

Attached: k.png (1280x720, 484K)

Post your engame wishlist.

Keyboards:
Ducky Mini with Silver case, ISO-UK, Red-Blue LEDs and MX-Blue (sentimental value)
ZZ96
KBD75
IBM Model F62 Kishsaver
IBM Model F122
Novatouch
Ergodox
Massdrop CTRL

Keysets:
GMK Terminal
GMK Red Samurai
DSA 2077
GMK 9009
SA Round 6
SA Danger Zone
EnjoyPBT Black on Grey

Attached: 2zq0ysl6o9xy.jpg (2928x4059, 732K)

>Post your engame wishlist.
A cast zinc beamspring dactyl-manuform with thick spherical PBT doubleshots, but that's never happening.

that's a very reddit post, but I guess since this is 4channel it's okay

it's ok to dream, user
I'm pretty sure I'll never get anything from my list anyway

>that's a very reddit post
why? because I'm trying to open some form of discussion?

"premium ABS"
yup that's

the fuck are you even on about

I'm on about how your post is very reddit like

good bait my guy

>premium ABS isn't reddit
good b8 my friend

what do you even mean by premium ABS

lurk more

aka GMK.

Attached: 1518222643936.jpg (4928x3264, 3.78M)

oof, I did not know this
(I mostly want them for display, because they're pretty af)

Since everybody has hated browns for so long, they must be the alternate choice now.

Attached: robinseggboard.jpg (2200x1467, 938K)

No they're still shit.

Do not buy wires from KBDfans. Their coiled wire came DOA and loose.

Oh.

:(

browns will always feel like there is poo stuck in your keys. That is why they are called browns for a reason.

Boards
have:
Tofu65 - Hako Royal True's (pic)
Tina60 - Outemu Sky MX (Not completely finished yet)

waiting:
Kira TKL - Zealios v2 78g
HB85 - Zilents v2 78g
TW68 - Kailh BOX Navy

endgame:
Rama U80-A - Holy Pandas

Caps:
have:
Maxkeys SA Dolch
Maxkeys SA Lime (new fixed version)
MD SA Carbon

waiting:
SP DSA 2049
SP SA Symbiosis R2
MD MT3 Susuwatari

Attached: d781c8b.jpg (1600x1096, 188K)

Colemak mod-DH or workman?

Hotswap KBD19X, silver case, with a nice set of Apple-style PBT caps on it to go along with my Powermac G5 case mod plans.

anyone use the logitech g pro?
how is it?
I already use a logitech mouse I figured I'd get a keyboard too so their lighting would sync up

Otherwise, what's a good TKL keyboard I can get for ~100 I need to replace this shitty razer blackwidow chroma it feels like shit and its old

Varmilo VA87M or Leopold FC750
The build quality of these boards (especially leopold) is really great.

>Now Beaner hydraulics? Hell yes.
I'm assuming that's not some kind mexican-made hydraulic, so please spoonfeed

Workman, but to be honest you should generate your own White layout

>generate your own White layout
>explain_further.jpg

>go to white layout github
>download it
>feed it a corpus of your preferred texts
>if you're using something other than a standard staggered 5+ row keyboard (so if you have an ergodox, a plank, a preonic, a gergo, a let's split - anything at all like that), make sure to tweak all the weights to match the new layout (the github readme explains how all the weights should be chosen)
>if you have personal preferences for keys that should remain in place (for example maybe you'd rather keep muscle memory for things like ` or whatever rather than make it more ergonomic), add those constraints
>run the optimiser
>profit
You could always just use the default white layout but that's only if you do the same kind of typing as the author (so mostly programming, and in the same kind of languages), you use a standard staggered keyboard, and you agree with all his preferences about the hardcoded constraints he added.

>"Giant Pineapple ABXY Artisan Keycap"
>mildly curious to see what a giant pineapple keycap made by ABXY looks like
>is actually an abxy keycap made by Giant Pineapple

My wife got me a cheap Chinese board for Christmas because "it looked cute" but it's actually quite decent. I'd even say that Outemus Blue feel nicer and crisper than Cherry MX Blues, really impressed. This thing goes for like 30€ on AliExpress (Z-88).

youtube.com/watch?v=AoO7kybBacE

This but with keyboards and solenoids

At this point any switches other than rubber domes are better than cherry mx

This tells me nothing

Cherry Red or Cherry Blue? I am about to pull the trigger on a Ducky One2 but can't decide on which. I have only used reds so far. They are ok but I would prefer a little more resistance.

Blues have tactility, not just resistance. If you just want heavier linears, get blacks.

Huh

Why the FUCK are chinks still not selling choc switches, or new zealios or any zilents? I am still not paying fucking $15 for the delivery of five switches, but I really want to test them

Just bludgeon yourself to death with a brick save people the time

What exactly is tactility? sorry for the mosty basic question. I am wondering how that would feel different to type on compared to reds. My options are Red, Blue or Brown. It's pretty difficult to find the exact board I want with the keycaps I want, I've managed to find the One2 on eBay new but with only Reds, Blues or Browns.

I googled. So am I right in thinking that with the blues I would feel the key actuate before it's fully depressed as opposed to the reds where I feel it once the key hits the bottom? Also I like the click.

Just bludgeon yourself to death with a brick save people the time

Yeah, true. It's literally babbies first mech-board but the novelty of it wears of rather quickly. Still too many people out there buying MX Blues like it's the second coming of Christ. With that being said, I'm not a fan of Cherry's lineup in general. The only ones I enjoy are Vintage Blacks (good luck getting those without selling both your kidneys) and modern Reds.

Is Ducky a good brand? I'm finally changing keyboard and I was wondering if I should get the Corsair K65 or the Ducky One 2. I never heard of the latter before

Been using a bulky Logitech G910, getting sick of it.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-28-23-35-46-635_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg (1080x747, 90K)

I was thinking of getting a mechanical keyboard cherry red specifically,i was wondering how loud mechanical keyboards tend to be in db.I watched a yt vid for blues it was saying mechanical keyboards can be upto 73+ db that sounds pretty insane would anyone here have a guess what reds are?
>t.Has hearing damage

I have a budget of 40 bucks for a keycap set, so I guess I'll have to go with the chinks.
Could you please suggest me something that fits these needs?
>Doubleshot
>PBT
>Cherry profile
>No gayming fonts
>Black/grey/dolch color scheme

>buy keyboard with cherry blacks
>nice and heavy
>use it for a few weeks
>wear it in
>feels like cherry mx reds

Attached: 1537931202112.jpg (1442x1614, 733K)

Ducky is mid tier, much better than Corsair or Razor, not as good as Leopold or Varmilo

I have a ducky board and I really like it, only complaint is that the keycaps were absolute dogshit.

>gboards.ca
why are you spaming that stupid hipster site?

>Wake up from unexpected nap
>First thing I see

:(

thoughts on healios?

never tried a silent switch i would imagine its mushy feeling

If you've never used a tactile switch, look up some force curves: basically in a linear switch the only resistance is the spring which follows Hooke's Law, but a tactile switch will have a bump (ideally it would peak at actuation, but 99% of switch designs - including cherry MX, yes - don't match up exactly, though it's designed as best they can to be close) and past the bump the force required falls off (this falloff can be either dramatic or very minor; in the former case it'll dictate your entire travel, as you push past the peak and then coast down, and in the latter case it'll just feel like a bump but won't really affect your movement). Clicky switches basically have tactile force curves but going past the "peak" is accompanied by an audible click (and again ideally this would be synced perfectly with both the tactile force peak and the electronic actuation, but again the vast majority of designs don't match up perfectly - which, again, is not something that hinders the typing experience noticeably, I'm just mentioning all this for completeness).

Can you fucking imagine a giant pineapple keycap

>tfw you spend all your christmas present cash on memechanical keyboard shit and morale patches from Jow Forums

Life truly is good.

Attached: 12490874.jpg (720x525, 73K)

You're talking but all I'm hearing is we need keyboards with tac rails

make us a thread header like the one we had before and i let you post the link to your site, we had a dead site for over two years so most of us dont give a shit if you bring something of value

I'm actually trying to think of the last time anyone has read the thread header. I'll bodge a nice one up in the future. Honestly mkg is my stress relief at the moment before my apt turns into a work studio. Jesus

Also what ever happened to >tfw typing on Cherry MX Switches? Did we stop doing that?

>Post your engame wishlist.

I'm a simple man.

Keyboard:
Custom plastic keyboard that I designed

Keysets:
epbt Kuro/Shiro

Attached: customcase.png (1173x719, 27K)

That was me and I was paid by kailh to shit on cherry corp. they stopped paying me so I stopped shitting on cherry. I do agree tho that cherry is garbage

do picatinny rails work?

Attached: gaymer.jpg (1600x1200, 357K)

Holy shit user that's fucking beautiful.

keyboards:
1800mini
a nice hotswap TKL
a nice hotswap numpad
keysets:
godspeed apollo (joined the drop)
drifter
misc:
artisan spacebar, superalloy body with a recessed tray on top, tray coated in singularity black, inside corners lined with tritium tubes and my signature in optical fiber suspended above the base for a nice glow effect

can confirm, my contact has a friend in the BND (Bundesnachrichtendienst) we were going to take you down with a predator missile but because the campaign stopped plans where canceled.

people click it about 200 times or more a month and some of them follow the instructions to post keyboard requests based on what ever those link say.

full size topre realforce thanks
>thinking you're going to impress your Jow Forums pals by being this autistic
you can fuck back off to leddit since you won't shut up about it

Attached: 610MXjZprzL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x900, 73K)

this is an imageboard please do not post emoji

>thinking you're going to impress your Jow Forums pals by buying premium ABS
you can fuck back off to leddit since you won't shut up about it

this is what custom made keycaps are the equivalent of

nah at lost those have a real culture behind them

Attached: I'm blue.png (1205x531, 168K)

Quit being so assblasted, I am not the guy you were talking to. Realforce uses PBT, will that impress you?

At least that's just a listing, any indication it was sold would have hurt a lot more

>will that impress you
nope
that still has a "premium" ABS spacebar

>"Sold for: 165$"
does you even blind

>he doesn't know

Attached: reddit.png (1242x2208, 615K)

evidently yes
no stop please

Attached: bye.jpg (378x301, 13K)

first day on /mkg/?
It's okay fren I still don't understand reddit

Attached: why.png (1503x714, 244K)

I appreciate your deep concern for the social ramifications on one website vs another of eventual condition of the spacebar on a keyboard that we are both only imagining that I would replace if I actually did. Thanks mate.

Attached: helper (324).jpg (184x184, 10K)

I'm not concerned about anything tho? what gave you that idea?

I hope these people get lots of compliments on their little blank caps. Imagine someone telling you they were "VERY RARE". At least they're better than pic related type shit

Attached: rbvbkf9.jpg (4688x1914, 1.01M)

the worst part is that the original cost of those keycaps was like 20 bucks, but reddit decided that they're worth thousands. Many of the original creators behind those keycaps just stopped making them because they hated that some scalper buys 50 of them just to sell them for a profit.

Attached: Clackfactory skull.png (1179x531, 167K)

Quick! post your switch history before the "mfw typing on mx switches" guy comes.
>shit chink hotswap keyboard with what seems to be outemu blues, high pitched click, hated it after a week
>gateron browns on the same chink board, not bad, I like the bump but they were too light for my ape hands, I cannot feel anything at full speed so might as well be linears.
>kailh burnt orange box on the same chink board, I like the weight, I really don't like that the bump is at the top, somehow better than gat browns for me.
>cherry mx clears on a ikbc board, this are my favorites so far, the bump is at a good location and it is very noticeable silent enough for the office, I love the weight the most it is at the perfect spot.
>kailh navy box on a 60% HHKB layout from chink land, best clicky switch experience, it is heavy and cliks like a mother fucker, I can only use them when I'm alone.
I'm waiting on some outemu Ice2 I'm hoping they are similar to cherry mx clears and I'm going to put them in a split board.

nice try ">mfw typing on mx switches" guy
I won't fall for your samefag tactics
as far as switch history, I got to try out all these ones:
Adomax Flaretech
Alps buckling spring
Alps common mount low profile
Alps dome with slider
Alps integrated dome
Alps Magnetic Reed
Alps moulded spring over membrane
Alps semi-integrated dome
Alps SKBL Yellow
Alps SKBL/SKBM series
Alps SKBM Black
Alps SKBM Black Click
Alps SKBM Grey
Alps SKBM White
Alps SKCC Black
Alps SKCC Cream
Alps SKCC Cream LED
Alps SKCC Green
Alps SKCC Grey
Alps SKCC Lock
Alps SKCC series
Alps SKCC Side-Angled Cream
Alps SKCC Tall Black
Alps SKCC Tall Cream
Alps SKCL Amber
Alps SKCL Brown
Alps SKCL Compact
Alps SKCL Cream
Alps SKCL Double Action
Alps SKCL Green
Alps SKCL Grey
Alps SKCL Heavy Cream
Alps SKCL Heavy Grey
Alps SKCL Lock
Alps SKCL Striped Amber
Alps SKCL Yellow
Alps SKCL/SKCM series
Alps SKCM Amber
Alps SKCM Black
Alps SKCM Blue
Alps SKCM Brown
Alps SKCM Cream
Alps SKCM Cream Damped
Alps SKCM Green
Alps SKCM Orange
Alps SKCM Salmon
Alps SKCM White
Alps SKCM White Damped
Alps SKCP series
Alps SKFF Double Action Black
Alps SKFF Double Action White
Alps SKFF series
Alps SKFL Compact
Alps SKFL LED
Alps SKFL Lock
Alps SKFL series
Alps SKFR
Alps SKFR Black
Alps SKFR Yellow
Alps SKFR/SKFS series
Alps SKFS
Alps SKFS White
Alps spring over membrane
Alps ultra low profile
Alps.tw Type OA1
Alps.tw Type OA2
Alps.tw Type OA3
Alps.tw Type OA4
Alps.tw Type OB5
Alps.tw Type OD1
Alps.tw Type OD3
Alps.tw Type T1
Alps.tw Type T2
Alps.tw Type T4
Alps.tw Type T5
Alps.tw Type T8
Alps.tw Type T9
Alps.tw Type TWB 1
Alps.tw Type TWB 2B
Alps.tw Type TWB 2W
Alps.tw Type TWB 2WB
Alps.tw Type TWB 3
Alps.tw Type TWB 4
Alps.tw Type TWB 5
Apple butterfly mechanism
Apple hairpin spring
Aristotle Cherry MX clone
Aristotle Yellow
ATW Alps clone
Beam spring
Bloody LK Libra
Bloody LK Optic
Bloody LK Optic 2
Brother buckling spring
BTC dome with slider
BTC foam and foil
There's plenty more, but I'm to lazy to post the rest

>tfw ordered cable from kbdfans literally moments before seeing this

(((visible concern)))

I tried box browns in a tester and they honestly felt like the best of the bunch by far, so now I've ordered a batch for my next 60%

Time will tell if I cucked myself or not.

Attached: 1545736088590.gif (570x498, 851K)

Before ordering a 200$ kit from them I found online many cases of bad quality control from them, but their support will make things right, it will just take twice as long. If they won't you can always dispute it through PayPal/AliExpress.
Also, never be the first buyer for their new releases, that always ends badly.

Recommend me a cheap board with dedicated arrow keys for me to put Gat yellows in

magicforce 68

I'm on dispute with them right now and they want me to waste my time sending back their broken wire. I uploaded two video evidences. I'm going to activate my autism if I don't get my money back.

Well, not to scare you but I personally feel as if browns feel amazing when you press them slowly, but when you're typing quickly the tactile feedback isn't nearly tactile enough, and that's where the "dirt traped in keyboard" meme comes form.

yea that's why there are poo colored. They chose that color for a reason

>literal perma virgin

>he deactivates his autism

Attached: 1544410766534.png (929x1100, 556K)

Just ordered some Zealios. I need a nice keyset for the build. One of you niggers help me.

Get some enjoyPBT dyesubs. If you don't mind waiting some months then get in on the MT3 godspeed groupbuy.

GMK Greek Olivetti
candykeys.com/product/gmk-greek-olivetti

Attached: GMK Greek Olivetti.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

Is the Cougar Vantar the current best scissor switch keyboard with any kind of rollover/anti-ghosting?

Mech newfag here, I come from rubber dome. I bought a Cherry MX blue keyboard as my first and while I love their sound and got fairly used to it, I'm honestly not a fan of the tactile bump feel, so I'm thinking of trying out other switch types.

I have a switch tester and I was thinking of getting one with MX Clears and another with MX Red, but I hear Cherry switches aren't very good anyway. What are some well regarded switches that I can look for instead?

no, but the other ones are pricier