/tosg/

/tosg/
>Down the Rabbit Hole did a shit video on Terry edition

Talk about anything TempleOS here!

>Discord cvRKyRJ
>TempleOS download - templeos.org
>Terry Davis / TempleOS archive - archive.org/download/TerryADavis_TempleOS_Archive/

>Latest news

Down the Rabbit Hole did a video on Terry. It was shit.

Attached: gcIDpbK.png (640x480, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/minexew/Shrine
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8e_YkjmljY
streamable.com/a7j9x
microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/business/wired-desktop-400-for-business/.
microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/business/wired-desktop-400-for-business/5mh-00001.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Down the Rabbit Hole did a video on Terry. It was shit.
Seemed decent to me.

The last email Terry ever sent out.

"I purified myself"

How sad.

Attached: thunderbird_V52WSrJOaT.png (860x573, 15K)

:/

"I am purifying evil Terry"

Attached: thunderbird_AYCQRUmFCa.png (908x690, 18K)

/comfy/ TempleOS

Attached: frjq2KB.png (640x480, 11K)

Left out crucial details to the Terry story. He also shit on Terry a lot at the beginning.

How hard would it be to translate XVesa (the tiny X server from tinycore) and XFCE or hell, even simple twm to HolyC so it could work in TempleOS?

>Discord

Attached: 1532500988166.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>Left out crucial details to the Terry story.
Like what? I'm not particularly knowledgable about Terry.

>He also shit on Terry a lot at the beginning.
I don't really think so.

I was trying to get TempleOS running on a virtual machine not too long ago.

Did not work out in my favor. Had to reinstall VirtualBox.

Cause I'm stupid.

Use VMWare, stupid.

luckly people who want to turn templeos into linux also dont know how to write holyc

>Discord

I would want just to make it cooler man
>Xserver + proper desktop = GNUlix
dude...

next thing you do is adding tcp/ip stack, don't you?

what's wrong with that?

What was Terry's keyboard? It sounds fucking heavenly

god says...
no over 100kloc excuse depart world from this_is tradition me strike_with bolt_of_lightning sacrifice the nigger fuck_you

(also it's because shrineOS, a whorehouse heretic vile creation, already has this. You should inspect it closely github.com/minexew/Shrine

A Lenovo Thinkplus, I believe.

that's for core TempleOS, you can add supplemental stuff as you please

>github.com/minexew/Shrine
That's actually kind of neat.

>Down the Rabbit Hole did a video on Terry. It was shit.
Honestly knew nothing about the whole thing before going in, only saw threads mentioning it but never bothered to click on them. Really made the video that much better, though as someone new to the whole thing can you spoonfeed me on what major info was skimmed over in the vid?

What do you use templeos for?

found the heathen

Is there a 32bit version of templeos?
Can I do this without using a vm?

What do you think what woul Terry thin about you seeing you using discord?
So shut the fuck up you grave digger glow-in-the-dark.

Negro

No, God wanted it 64bit. Enable hyperthreading in BIOS to be able to virtualize 64bit TempleOS. Youre welcum.

Is there any way to use Temple OS in any practical way? Perhaps in some sort of security through obscurity system?

No.

My computer dosn't support hyperthreading

Its ring 0 so its like driving a motorcycle. But it has no networking as a security bonus.

Somebody created a hymn lately? No? Didn't think so. Sacrifice now.

The temple lays desolate without high priest.
They have made it desolate, and being desolate it mourns to me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man lays it to heart.

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1471926571476.jpg (262x274, 19K)

>Discord

>Discord

Attached: ur_a_niger.gif (320x240, 2.36M)

>>Down the Rabbit Hole did a video on Terry. It was shit.
How tho?

How did you gain access to Diana Cowerns emails?

>discord
>tons of ""funny"" roles
>shitty rules
>colored roles
>inside memes
you gave me cancer in 0.5 seconds

It's really good for LARPing, as you can clearly see by this thread

Can anyone tell me how to run the logo sequence?
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8e_YkjmljY

I would add these to Shrine, not the official Temple so...

Kike

He didn't skim over anything major and overall the video was a fair and sympathetic telling of Terry's story. People are just butthurt because muh sekrit schizcow has been introduced into the public consciousness.

Sadly development to Shrine stopped awhile ago

Someone had access to Terry's emails. Those were the last ones he sent before he commit suicide

Did you even watched his video or are you just memeing?

Margie? Terry attempting to break out of jail by using the frames of his glasses? Where were those?

“I am no longer interested in adding lines of code to TempleOS, I am only doing reduction and simplification from here on out”

-Our Lord and Father Hallowed Be His Name

Fuck CIA Niggers

Nah. The "Down the Rabbit Hole" video was pretty well done (not perfect) much better than Metokurs video where he essentially put forth at the beginning it's a serious topic and then exploits a mentally unstable man for clicks.

Did the Rabbit Hole video do the same? In the end, yes. That's why people make YT vids. However, there is a clear distinction between the two.

Temple OS is a strange and out of left field approach to a modern OS. Could it have been good? Maybe? Depends on who else may or may not have worked on the project...

other than talking to god

do it like a white man
a white man uses ventrilo

Attached: 1545985787160.png (640x480, 25K)

someone made a pretty decently working Wolfenstien 3D port for TempleOS

streamable.com/a7j9x

easy on the smooth curves there, tron

What was in the e-mail that physicsgirl sent to Terry?

Is there anything salvageable from templeOS? I head his compiler was good..

Did she actually send Terry an email? Wasn't it just LARPers trying to mess with Terry?

He closed the stream straight after, and didn't show the contents.
Not sure if it was LARPers or legit, although he was sending her like 50 e-mails a day.

That email was definitely someone messing with Terry. The contents are unknown, sadly.

Just take a look through it. Most of the stuff he did to make it work was quite smart. Despite having a severe mental illness Terry was a genius

>first year college
>flatmates are assholes
>course is so big I don't make any friends or know anyone
>just stay in my 8x10 third floor room most of the time
>come out to eat at night and live on 48 hour days like King Terry
>back when Terry's livestream's were 30 people at most
>sometimes it would just be me watching Terry use his enchanted operating system
>sometimes fall asleep to Terry ranting about HolyC, God and Niggers
>sometimes get high and laugh my ass off at the shit Terry came out with

I just want the comfy times back
He was my only friend when I was completely isolated
I miss him so much lads

This.

I used watch him every night because that's around when he'd be livestreaming

Those times are never coming back. You have to move forward, or forever be shackled by cheap nostalgia.

Terry really could cheer one up

Why are there so many people in comment threads on youtube sperging out because people are ironically calling Terry the best programmer in the world?

Is the current version of TOS safe to download? I heard someone say it was pozzed.

I'm 99.9% sure Terry used this keyboard and mouse combo: microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/business/wired-desktop-400-for-business/. He also had a Dell RT7D50 and had it hooked up to the PC by his bed that ran TempleOS natively.

I'm 99.9% sure Terry used this keyboard and mouse combo: microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/business/wired-desktop-400-for-business/5mh-00001. He also had a Dell RT7D50 and had it hooked up to the PC by his bed that ran TempleOS natively.

>Temple OS is a strange and out of left field approach to a modern OS
you're a fucking retard, it's an homage to one of the most notable system of all time, the Commodore 64.

I cannot fucking stand all you insufferable fucking morons who just DONT understand. TempleOS is not some """genius""" redesign of the modern PC, it's a divinely inspired, Bible-themed educational OS meant to facilitate low-level learning and other hobbyist interests. Other than God, it was inspired by Terry's experience (and that of many others in field) with his Commodore 64, which kindled a life-long love of computers and programming.
If you think it's anything else you're a cretin and you're better off just ricing your Gentoo installation.

Rip Terry Andrew Davis, the smartest programmer that ever lived

>filename isn't realistic_elephant.png

Attached: 1545774559408.png (612x418, 416K)

>>Down the Rabbit Hole
Who is close to a million views for the terry video

he didn't shit on Terry enough. that pear shaped 4 inch cuck.

Why can't I make it boot? What do I do?

Attached: P_20181228_232820_vHDR_Auto.jpg (4656x2620, 3.89M)

I'm using a T440p, if it helps. Incompatible hardware?

I've always gotten stuck there when I've tried to boot it. No idea why

Probably because Terry built his OS for his very specific computer (i.e. the Third Temple).

I've seen people who are able to run it on Thinkpads though. I wonder what it needs specifically.

Those aren't crucial details, you stupid fuck. And if you wanted a video with all the details, it would have taken hours.

lol what