Why is it cool to hate on Windows, Jow Forums?

why is it cool to hate on Windows, Jow Forums?

It is expected in the loonix and applefag community but it is becoming a very common practice in the normie community, too
this does not happen in other normie OSes like Android or iOS: people usually enjoy the platforms, and are excited to get the new updates
So why this is not the case with windows? the only people that seem to care about it, to even create some kind of microsoft fandom are literal pajeets, for whatever bizarre reason
what is going on?

Attached: file.png (457x453, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TwbQaWeVYPM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BTW, that logo is peak msoft design, before the flat meme ruined everything

>So why this is not the case with windows?
Because Windows is shit.

because Windows 10

>wah wah why do you hate this blob of 0s and 1s
Get a life, freak.

>the loonix and applefag community
>a normie community
Is absolutely fucking the same thing.

I'm still butthurt because of the forced updates. I've tolerated their shit but not this time.

because modern windows is shit and can't be defended

I'm forced to use it at work and it's absolutely horrific. The only thing that makes it somewhat bearable is a decent bash emulator, but every single one of them seems to lack something, whether it's no multitabbing, no ctrl+c / ctrl+v, not enough shell utils ported over, etc.

>forced updates
pebkac

With windows updates imply problems. They're not a company that prioritizes user convenience as much as other companies and they often favor things other than the user. Like the home user update issue. Can't disable updates. Yes it would be stupid to do so. It's windows and windows has constant security patches because it's a vulnerable piece of shit. But to not allow the user to disable updates places the OS reputation above user choice.
But you shouldn't be surprised when they complain.

>ads in your start menu
>ads in your file manager
>ads in your settings
>shoving onedrive down your throat
>shoving microsoft accounts down your throat
>forcing updates to restart your system
>installing 2 candycrush games without your permission
>REinstalling 2 candycrush games without your permission
>deleting your files when you update
gee i wonder why people don't like this

Attached: 1544151400206.jpg (1002x857, 54K)

Because of the last 10 years of windows versions except 7

>*Deletes your files*

because no one else is capable of making a desktop OS as good as MS does. So when people don't have the ability to switch to a better product they bitch about their current option.

because normalfags are too stupid to even manage windows on a basic level
see
all stuff that can be easily tweaked within winshit but as always stupidity prevails

>linux
>mac

>all stuff that can be easily tweaked within winshit but as always stupidity prevails
you have to literally fight the "OS" at every level to get it to stop doing this shit, and then it still deletes your files.
fuck off back to india

Yes, everything can be managed. But when you get to a certain amount of necessary tweaks in order to make that fucking thing usable, you get to a point where installing a retard friendly linux and just using that shit is more convenient.

>ganoo/shit
>desktop
lal

Because it's shit after win7. I left to Linux after win7 didn't install on my new laptop and I believe I'm not the only one to do so.

>a decent bash emulator
Nope. Not on Windows.

t. shits in streets

windows 7 is amazing
everything after it has been shit

Nostalgiafag. Windows has always been shit.

i still use windows 7

So what?

It's absolute trash.

I agree, but Windows 10 takes it to a different level of shit.

He must have a bad memory too.
People used to shit on 98 like people do on 10

I am by no means a tech guru, but I did it and disabled all of the annoying stuff and never had a problem with the updates. I know, I must be 1 out of 1million but it is not impossible.

>all stuff that can be easily tweaked.
The point is l, one shouldn't have to '''''tweak'''''' their OS to disable telemetry, forced updates, and advertisements that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Attached: 1510339516086.jpg (267x297, 13K)

Why tho?
Why pay somebody money, who shits on you in every way possible?
Why not use a free superior product?

Even normies understand that Windows is a pile of dogshit. You don't need to be a programmer or autistic linux/mac supremacist to appreciate just how bad Windows is. I won't waste my time enumerating every reason one can have to hate Windows, but they are aplenty and for the most part valid.

>autistic linux/mac supremacist

Attached: Screenshot_20181210-222829-01.jpg (1080x1543, 218K)

nothing about windows is exciting, the only ones that are excited about microsoft's future is microsoft themselves implanting their new spyware microchips into every electrical device they can think of

muh games

>Can't disable updates
t. brainlet

>implanting their new spyware microchips
But that's Intel.

>No viable version since 7, and even that was kind of trash
>Latest version has forced updates, that take over your computer for an hour and a half
>Giant fucking dysfunctional botnet
Why the fuck do you think, you fucking retard?

>the only people that seem to care about it, to even create some kind of microsoft fandom are literal pajeets, for whatever bizarre reason
>what is going on?
Those are Microsoft employees.

POO IN OS

Yes, they are. It's the reason why Win$hit 10 is complete dog shit. Maybe Pajeet$hit are managing decline by employing these street shitting monkeys, they'll "work" or fuck shit up for a lot less than an ameri-lard and they'll almost certainly be easier to fire.
Plus I have a theory that Pajeet$oft have taken the view that 1 billion pajeets with 1 billion computer will eventually shit out an OS that'll be usable. My guess of course is that it won't, like ever.

Attached: pajeet.jpg (750x500, 61K)

>unironically substituting s with $
Are you 12?

this
isn't it funny how winfags LOVE(D) to accuse linux of being "hard to use" and requires "command-line", while claiming how windows "just works"? we switched sides now

it still just werks though

>t. india

youtube.com/watch?v=TwbQaWeVYPM
>what is azure sphere
Microsoft is now working directly together with other businesses to produce and maintain electronic devices, they're gonna have a large advantage over intel since they know everything about their consumers and can target groups to advertise to

Nice argument, newfag.

t. Rajesh Dikshit

Still using 7 Ulti. Bought a 10 Pro key last night on Amazon because friends crying about "much games".

I fucked up didn't I.

I, unironically think apple is behind this shilling. They just gave a little push, with their product placement and etc.

Why pay for 10 when you can legally download it from msoft and crack it yourself using powershell, without downloading malware

Using Windows isn't good, but depending on the circumstances it's generally understandable.
Actually paying Microsoft is pants-on-head retarded.

Literally every single AAA windows only game is absolute garbage these days.
The only games worth playing are from smaller devs, who almost always port to linux.
I literally just installed linux a few weeks ago and was browsing my steam library and 90% of the games I like work on linux.
The ones that don't are overpriced shiny trash that I never managed to play for more than a couple hours.
The only AAA that I enjoyed a lot from the last years was Doom, and guess what, it has a linux port.
And btw with Steam proton we might still be able to play the trashl

So with a batch script or an autorun.inf usb/cd you can run any program with admin rights without asking the user. (Before someone asks, if you want autorun.inf to work on usb you have to make a virtual cd drive on it.)

Same reason it's cool to hate on Jow Forums MODE ON straight white Christian men. They do everything, know it, and are therefore tough enough to take it - just like Windows. Only victim groups have to cry, scream and tantrum like little children, pretend they're at the mercy of some horrible conspiracy, and are only enabled by the psychologically weak/stupid who can't see through the charade - like (say) Linux. Jow Forums MODE OFF

spit out my coffee, you cannot be this dumb. there is no way in hell any normie with half a brain can use linux at even a basic level. case in point they flipped out when the start button in W10 was a square instead of a circle in W7.
t. brainlet working in IT.

Attached: 1528211196421.jpg (500x477, 72K)

What's easier, learning the new place of things on a new OS (the more of a luddite you are the fewer things you want to use, the easier it is to learn their new place) or applying a particular sequence of convoluted 3rd party hacks to make shit behave retard friendly? The former.

t. brainlet working in IT since 1984

wrong. simple names and looks of things trip tards out.

Then you must live in a very retarded country, my 68 year old mother has no problem clickin on a fucking random icon that says "media player" if she wants to watch a fucking video, regardless of the icon.

I had issues getting my key off of 7 before so I thought I'd just buy it and forego the issues, should I need to do it again. It was only £9 anyway so no biggie.

I mean you're not wrong, I'm in the USA.

you're still dumb for buying windows, and windows 10 of all things. it's a free upgrade from 7 (any version, even pirated). once you've upgraded and activated you don't need any cracks, you can clean install.

I'm from a part of yurop where we haven't unlearned to read and orientate ourselves using text. So icons are kind of secondary, as long as the menu structure is not too different.

Because they spy on you and steal your information which you give for (((free))).

Windows is a piece of software which enslaves its users and disrespects their freedoms. On top of it, they expect you to pay for such a service. They are removing features, adding spyware and other malware and making it less efficient with every update.
Please take your discussion about harmful proprietary software somewhere else.

I mean I fucking wish we could do stuff like this. I'm not in a huge city, capital city in a state, retards outnumber technically literate people by about 100 to 1 if not more. A lot of government employees etc. It is like pulling teeth upgrading people to 10. And these are the same retards that bitched about moving from XP to 7.

Attached: 1524181152812.jpg (2124x2143, 1.25M)

Please livestream the murder-suicide of you and your family. Consider it the culmination of your posting career.

>the same retards that bitched about moving from XP to 7.

notOP but some of us that bitch about 7 to 10 never bitched about xp to 7 nor was it that drastic a change.

thats my point. It wasn't that drastic of a change. But for normies its even less drastic of a change. normies can use W10 all day and not know they're on W10.

I myself switched to wildly different platforms about 5 times by now, and I don't count the switch between any Windows version to be one of them (okay, maybe from 3.1 to 95). I have made the switch to 8.1 from 7 without any issues, because a start screen instead of a start menu is no biggie for me. I used every single Windows version with complete satisfaction, including Millenium and Vista. Every reason I have for not willing to switch to 10 is technical, not visual.

If Microsoft manages to dissuade people like me from using their new shit, I don't blame less technically minded people one bit for moving away from Windows. If I wouldn't need to use Windows exclusive software for my line of work, I would have already switched to Linux, even though it's a piece of shit I'm trying to get into since Fedora 2, but I don't have the patience.

I'm not arguing on the point of the technology and microsoft being greedy invasive fucks. I'm saying that for end users who don't know shit about pcs it should make little to no difference. I forsee more people switching to Mac, like the mac mini. $1k for that isn't bad and "just works" or whatever.

I said something similar in my previous comment (the more of a luddite you are the fewer things you want to use, the easier it is to learn their new place), so we agree.

Well to an extent we do. Luddites will not go to linux.

Truth

Yea, they certainly won't install and configure it for themselves, a mac works out of the box with a preinstalled OS, I'll give you that, but it's a huge waste of money. To "technically illiterate" people who'd rather switch to it than suck up the visual changes in Windows 10 I would say: write it off as retard tax.

because its trash.

>have windows station at work
>cant be connected to internet for security reasons
>windows cant botnet properly w no internet, oh noes
>YOUR WINDOWS ISNT GENUINE
>YOURE A VICTIM OF COUNTERFEITING
>PLZ HOOK INTERNET BACK REEEEEE

Stop abusing your Windows, LET IT FREE!!!

Attached: 1546004453845.jpg (622x621, 70K)

Windows 7 doesn't have this problem.

It's not only Windows that is getting hated more and more, it's their entire ecosystem. We all know how they burned devs but now they are burning devs who don't even use their platform.

Dark ux patterns everywhere. HWID, UEFI vars and more to fingerprint anything touched by their products. When they can't do pervasive shit they use a hash of your mac address e.g. vscode. Everything they touch has telemetry, even compilers.

They shill and manipulate on HN and reddit. Search the post history of a user named tobimacoss. You'll find several users with similar behavior but this one operates in another dimension. You can't criticize anything without getting some "but googles does it too" or "but apple is worse".

"Windows 10" is self explanatory at this point. Once upon a time they used the strategy of letting people pirate Windows to keep their dominance. I believe they expanded that effort to give a false sense security/privacy to people who install LTSC or enterprise, and think ShutUpThisClosedSourceKernel or similar "tweak tools" will stop anything.

Attached: tinfoil-darth.jpg (480x720, 82K)

There is literally nothing wrong with dark UI, bright letters on a dark background cause less eye fatigue than dark letters on a bright background, it's scientific fact that has been well known for over a fucking century, books only are the way they are to save ink.

I can pull 18+ hours in front of a computer and I sooner get sleepy than any sign of eyestrain thanks to those dark visual styles.

hi user, try Binging™ for dark ux patterns, it might help you understand what it is
xo

Could I get this in English instead of subliminal zoomer? Thank you!

Werks on my machine XD

I don't deny any of that, especially the waste of money. It is funny that M$oft doesn't get any of this. I know there are a few linux distros that are pretty user friendly but people just hate change. They like what they know and changing to Mac isn't that big a deal for them because when they open it up they see the dock and "pretty colors" and feel sophisticated.

>It is expected in the loonix and applefag community but it is becoming a very common practice in the normie community, too
Even they realize how shitty Windows is. Just let this piece of shit die for good.

The problem is that mostly everyone sees Windows as a platform, not an ecosystem. Windows is just the crap you install to be able to use your own shit that runs on it. Now they are trying to make up for decades of neglect trying to make Windows an ecosystem by forcibly peddling their shit on you, and people who've gotten used to it as a platform heavily protest against this. If they would've given the same attention to the rest of their programs as they gave to Internet Explorer in the earlier days, they would have a continuously successful ecosystem, now they don't have shit, just a rushed schizophrenic monstrosity.

pretty sure its W7

Lmao retard, you can still get 10 for free by using the media creation tool to upgrade.