What will happen to the software-industry if improvements in hardware stop?

What will happen to the software-industry if improvements in hardware stop?

It will not be possible to shrink integrated circuits forever and improvements in hardware design are also limited. So what will happen to the software industry, when the driving force of hardware innovation will be gone?

Attached: 1544886370684.jpg (634x645, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Faith
imgur.com/EvcD661
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People will say programmers will have to stop being lazy but the thing is, hardware improvements have been slowing for the past 5 years, and yet programmers are even lazier. Consumers will literally just adjust themselves to slow software because they don't know any better.

Improvements in hardware might slow down but they won’t ever stop

Software will continue getting better regardless

When you can’t rely on faster and faster hardware to keep improving your software performance you reoptimize your software instead of taking shortcuts

They'll have to learn to code.
>20MB for a torrent client
Jesus Christ.

All the pajeets will be fired

Will the need or desire for new software decline?

That's when all you guys become neets.

It hurts

Attached: This+is+useful+_ee52104beb788a2a01d3c3798817495b.jpg (405x675, 85K)

Where have you been the past 10 years? Programmers will forever be lazy. Whenever they are too lazy to scale vertically they can scale horizontally with prebuilt solutions like swarms of containers or database clusters. This is what every shitlang dev has been doing for 2 decades, if not more, - given a bottleneck just throw more hardware at it.

Programmers' approach changed, it's now more focused on creating smaller, easier to parralelize systems (multithreading, worker design etc). Slower hardware is not as painful, we just need cheaper one.

Nothing, sodtware is needed. Hardware is just marketing to the average consume. If hardware can't keep up with inefficient software then the software will run slower, that's it.

You can see this on phones. Constantly better hardware, slower software, user complains, bloat remains, telemetry monitoring remains, get fucked user.

Similarly to how every algol is slowly developing into a lisp, the general purpose computer hardware will eventually start developing into specialized lisp hardware.
It will feature hardware type checks and hardware garbage collection, so no program will ever need to do these things in inefficient ways.
The only issue is that C won't be compatible with such superior hardware. It probably already exists, just beneath the microcode-implemented x86 processors in modern CPUs.
As long as we assume that C is the gold standard for instructing computers we will carry the burden of inefficient hardware and software as there is no way to develop things further than this in a unified manner.

Corporations will pass a Right To Profit law and owning a Personal Computer will be illegal. Instead we must all pay $100/month to log in to our "Cloud" computers from our dumb terminals, and the subscription fee will increase every year to make sure that profits keep growing. It will be impossible to store data locally and everything you do with technology will be tied to your online account and real name so it can be sold to three letter agencies and advertisers.

Attached: tfwnogf.jpg (800x800, 40K)

I have bad news to you. Hardware innovation won't be gone in your lifetime.

isnt utorrent like 1mb.. the gtk clients are much bigger.

just make the thing bigger like the amd cpus already are.

Parallel algorithms will become more important and more research for parallelization of software will be done.

Just making stuff bigger can fit more power in it.Bigger components can fit more transistors and the like inside. Also whats with the photo.

So… you are going to kill me?

The botnet won't get bigger.

In a way, it has stopped.
I mean phones are not improving, processors are barely getting faster and most people have been stuck with 8gb ram on their laptop for the past 8 years.
The reality is, people need faster systems, not faster computers.
Making a processor twice as fast will not really matter to most people, you are optimizing a part that is already really fast.
For some people, faster processing power only means a cheaper setup for the same thing.
I think we need better phones, but you have to redesign everything and nobody does a good job of making phones, so I would have to start my own thing and phones are just not that interesting to me.

I remember there were nudes of this whore, but can't find them

What do you think will happen? Yes, we will come to limitations of silicon soon. We're pretty much at it.
Before new material or new ways of producing electronics will be found, we will see larger components or improved architecture.
If you think that no one will try to innovate to find next big thing, you're retarded.

You need to find them. I want to see those nice tits she have.

Basically this. Programmers have already adapted most critical workloads to be horizontally scaling instead of vertically. As long as performance per dollar still increases (which could literally be done just by selling the same chip cheaper, which Intel and AMD is already doing because IPC has not budged) there is no wall to hit.

Underrated post

(You)

faggots in california might actually have to know how to program maybe

can you believe this thot actually believes she looks like fucken Elza
I bet she has an IN-TOLERABLE personality too

>getting this triggered over a stranger's selfie
consider suicide

the only thing this thot triggers is my dick

>can you believe this thot actually believes she looks like fucken Elza
She kind of does though, except for the haircut.

Good luck, not sure if it was her sister or her but one of them has a wiki and insta is lexigracelove or something like that
One of them has a wiki en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Faith

imgur.com/EvcD661
Trump needs to make women objects and close the border to rich saudis so american men can make a humble 100k and afford whores like this without getting priced out by drug and oil cartels.

That is my second worst nightmare for a dystopian near future.

>Software will continue getting better
I want to live in the same universe as you. Here, software has been getting shittier and shittier ever since late 70's.

Moshi moshi RISC-V desu.

Eh current software is more than 70% of developer needs

Thanks user

It will stop as well

2.2.1 is the most bloated at 391k
1.6.1 is 173k and perfectly usable.

Haha so randum and funny XD. Liked and Subskribed.