I'm dropping out of college before the year's end...

I'm dropping out of college before the year's end. I'm good enough with programming but I'm enough of a braindead retard to handle engineering maths.
What are some Jow Forums respected colleges, specially online degrees?
Has anyone taken an online degree before? Is it really that much of a meme?
Also, what's your preferred Linux distro?

Attached: 0D32A16398CED701A0CE051CA3191F1E035107C1.jpg (400x400, 27K)

Let me guess, you failed Calculus 1?

Classic frog kys poster.

Attached: 1433297290747.png (262x292, 5K)

Did an AA through Central Texas but that was a general studies degree, aka a throw away degree to cover generals.

install gentoo

If you are good with programming, just make a few shitty apps doing whatever. Upload them on github, then try to get an interview and show them you are actually capable of doing something useful. Worth more than any degree imo.

I'd like to implement Toktok in Ada (and eventually SPARK) clean-room, calling it AdaToxCore, and license it 2-clause BSD so a 'toxcore' clone which isn't shitty GPLv3 exists for companies to 'capitalize' on can exist and Tox usage can finally take off!

Attached: TooGood.jpg (498x750, 44K)

>can exist
s/can exist//

None actually. But I just don't have the pace of my peers.
I have to take less classes than everyone else, only to give my 90% focus to maths which takes me thrice the time to understand than my classmates. I have to put aside my CS courses since I'm already half decent at them but I can only ignore them so much before I need to start focusing at them again.
It's pretty sad, all of my classmates can handle all the workload but I struggle with 75% of it. It's not supposed to be like this. I just hear them talk about their Fortnite and LoL and I haven't picked up a video game since summer. In the end I would just end up graduating after them and with a mediocre GPA.

Next year.

How did that work out? How are you doing in life?
A lot of shit is going through my head right now.

I've always been driven by this mentality my whole life. But the world is a scary place and my parents and I are convinced enough that I'm a retard and would probably need a paper in hand.
My curriculum is filled with over 30 small projects I've done in the last decade and a couple small laboral experiences. If it were up to me I would just drop out and learn shit myself through the Internet like people already do, but I'm afraid I'm just going to end up a NEET.

Attached: 1507561246954.jpg (823x738, 75K)

You are missing some fundamental understanding in math. Something public school probably failed with teaching you.

You are not wrong. I took high school in a very lackluster school even for the shithole country it was in.
Then I went to an engineering school in America, and of course I was going to struggle. I shit you not I was taking tutoring algebra lessons during the first semester.
Now that I type it off like this... what the fuck was I thinking in the first place?

Attached: 1511459716096.png (379x385, 132K)

Did you ever stop to think that the people you THINK are cruising along and passing easily, are in fact not doing so and are studying just as much as you if not more so? STEM is filled with people that are huge bullshitters and turbo nerds that do nothing but study all day long(and brag about it), so you really shouldn't compare yourself to other people. If you're passing the courses there isn't any reason to drop out, unless you're just using this as an issue because you hate it.

Make Khan Academy math practice your new "game." Level up through the tree until you're 90%+ done.

Attached: FunnyMathMan.jpg (639x639, 28K)

Please leave America, you're not welcome here

Ah no, of course they study and work hard. I'm just saying is that I work just as hard as them and get minimal results, while they can manage to go out and have fun while taking more courses than me. They're fairly regular but I just think I won't manage it in the end.
I'm planning to drop out because the maths are hard enough already and will get harder, and it has maths and physics classes on every semester of the degree plus the maths will eventually merge into the CS courses, so it will become a math hell I doubt I'll survive.
I'm just trying to leave before my GPA goes low enough that I'll get expelled eventually. My GPA is already on the verge of that (2.01).

Aside from the tutoring I completed some sections from Symbolab's quizzes. But never checked Khan Academy.
Thanks user.

Should've built the wall sooner.

A failure like you will be kicked out soon anyway

That's exactly my point, dumbass.

It's not a cure-all (Khan), it will show you your weaknesses. Your only hope is to take math on as the most challenging game ever, each subject being a brain-boss you must come to dominate. If you don't play this game more seriously than whatever game you tourneyed in, you will not succeed. It will start easy, but with a few surprises; however, you will be like the frog in the pot and you'll find it's getting more difficult. Do not quit, you must fill out the subject tree under math, that is how you beat it! One day next year, if you are diligent and studious, you will reach that point but be unsure if you're ready to return to uni. Yes, at that point you will be ready, so long as you continue to approach it with that game attitude.

Math is a far more complex game than Magic the Gathering, and more open-ended than AD&D. You must see it for the game it is, and like all games it is a self-constructing machine. One day you too will see it too.

Attached: DroolFace.png (8192x8192, 778K)

Why are programmer wannabes SO bad at math?

Just switch to a humanities major

Because school. The vocabulary of it is super terse.

If you're struggling with math vocab then tech and CS vocab (especially at a real job) is going to destroy you

Getting the general studies degree really helped me, not in the job sense though because its literally a liberal arts degree though some internships/positions require college degree and it is a college degree.

What it really helped me with is allowing me to skip generals when doing my BA. Generals fucking killed me in college because I did not give a flying fuck about them, and this depressing waste of time attitude would bleed over into my real classes.

Doing it online allows you to do several things
1. Cheat. Use online resources, etc. This is really important so that you don't have to waste your time studying a subject like texas fucking government when you know you won't be using it.
2. work at your own pace so if you wanted to power through the entire semester in a few weeks, you could.

Online college has evolved a lot, and its not bad anymore. I did an IT course and we got access to legitimate VMs for the work we had to do which really helped with lessons.

What do you mean by tech vocab?

This is the most autistic shit I've seen in a while, but I admittedly have been seeing it like this all the time.
Both math and CS assignments are puzzle games and scores are... well, scores.

Because we spent most of our childhood pushing buttons on a machine and daydreaming about pushing buttons on a machine during all of our classes.

B-but I-I've been a proggy boy all my life!

>Getting the general studies degree really helped me, not in the job sense though because its literally a liberal arts degree though some internships/positions require college degree and it is a college degree.
>Cheat
>so that you don't have to waste your time studying a subject like texas fucking government
I don't know. I'm really passionate about being a developer and I seriously want to learn more about it. I'm 22 and would JUST be starting college, getting a shit degree just for having a degree (though not being too far off from what my parents want at this point) might make me more miserable than I am already.

>work at your own pace so if you wanted to power through the entire semester in a few weeks, you could
This is very tempting, specially since I'd love to focus on some side projects to bulk my curriculum and maybe earn a few bucks.

>I did an IT course and we got access to legitimate VMs
You mean Virtual Machine, right? Also, what Uni?

Attached: 1510620514713.jpg (960x704, 138K)

bump

Get "How to Solve It" and read it. Next get Gelfand's "Algebra" and "Trigonometry" books and work through them so you'll start solving math by understanding it. Then read "Book of Proof" and get a head start on discrete while making all later math courses easier.

Are you sure you don't have undiagnosed ADD/ADHD?

Your options are either you're a brainlet or you have one of those two conditions and a stimulant medication can help you, I'm the later. I have a high IQ but do my work slower than my classmates.

Dunno, I wouldn't be surprised. I've been diagnosed with Assburgers from one-year psychology sessions.
I have asked my psychologist for both stimulants and anti-depressants and she's like "just eat more Iron, lol".

Attached: 1476741456155.jpg (191x184, 5K)

Make an appointment with a psychiatrist and tell him you're literally failing out of school and behind your classmates.

Khan Academy's "World of Math" is great.
It covers math from counting items (for toddlers) all the way through calculus and linear algebra.
You solve 6 problems at a time. If you get 3 questions of a particular type correct in a row, it marks that skill as "completed."
There are like 1500 different skills to master.

Polya is a great author not really useful if a person is struggling with basic algebra. Gelfand was a notable mathematician but his books are horrible in both approach and comprehensibility -- you must be in your 50's since his outdated texts haven't been used in decades.

Much better are books by Douglas Downing.

>dropping out

Its obvious you should stay in college but change your discipline. You are not suited to engineering as most people arent. Avoid online degrees since they promote social withdrawal.

The thing is that for the level of math you need for a CS degree it's not very hard to just memorise through it.
If you legitimately can't even get a C then I'd consider other career choices because it shows that not only can you not be an effective problem solver, you can't memorize either.