Luke Smith confirmed BSD convert

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 9.12.15 pm.png (896x146, 64K)

>eceleb cancer

Where is this from?

from Luke's IRC client
and yes, I'm bumping this thread, I don't even care anymore. just accepted his self-promotion is here to stay

from the irc

use the forth luke.

Why haven't you converted your router and workstation to OpenBSD yet, Jow Forums?

Attached: IMG_2883.jpg (1530x2048, 984K)

Network and Channel

>fuck me daddy

Luke does not have IRC channel, that's some larping autist

Do you even know what a client is?

nobody cares

Because I want to actually have drivers for my hardware

Who the fuck cares? Take your e-celeb shit and die of cancer you fucking piece of shit. Also, it's fucking easy as shit to pretend to be someone on IRC, you're dumb as fuck.

>from Luke's IRC client
Do you even know what a "client" is, holy shit you're so fucking stupid. Kill yourself.

>nobody cares
>proceeds to post to show that he cares
fucking sad

write them yourself lol
what r u? a casul?

I was gonna add "without writing them myself" kek

A driver is not some magical piece of woo, it’s just a program and anyone who knows basic programming can write one.

Why don't you write a driver for my GTX1080 then, with the same functionality as the proprietary Nvidia driver?

Moving the goal posts, I never said you can have the full functionality of the proprietary nvidia drivers, I just said you can easily write your own drivers (which you can cos there are already open source drivers for nvidia)

Maybe you should consider not buying from a company that does everything in its power to make writing drivers difficult for you

>sTOp disTrOhoPpiNg

Attached: index.jpg (257x196, 9K)

i want to try this some day

what are some good routers for openbsd

Yes, it's the program used to access IRC channels. Luke took that screenshot from his client.
You might be the stupid one if you didn't understand what I said. And no, I'm not killing myself. Why so agressive bro? Are you Luke's fanboi or something?

he literally talked about self promotion afterwards, you brainlets

Literally who?

>there are already open source drivers for nvidia
Make that singular, as there is only nouveau. Which has taken the concerted effort of many people many years to get even to its current state, which is far from perfect. You can't really respond "just write them" to the objection that "there are no drivers". Sure you can, but as it may take a significant part of a lifetime to do so, there has to be fairly significant advantages in doing so. It's very far from obvious that OpenBSD offers other advantages significant enough for that.

Because I don't really agree with OpenBSD's programming paradigms, particularly the W^X policy. It may be good for security, but it excludes a lot of very nice and useful programming techniques, like function trampolines.

honestly the women who present themselves as "trad" just strike me as crazy

am i the only one who thinks that

better than whores desu

I used it. It was shit. It couldn't mount a fucking external drive without doas. Linux left this state in the 90s, but this quality should be ok for "trad Southern" thots for virtue flagging.

Use the forth, Luke.

Attached: 1545878032089.jpg (499x562, 77K)

luke is returd

>Jow Forums tech related

PC Engines APU

Tbh if we start to hop between Unix-likes now we'll never dominate the PC market.

I hope this whole BSD shit is a meme by now.

The only market BSD currently really works on (AFAIK) is the console market (at least for Sony, the PS3 / PS4 use BSD as their base, don't they?) and maybe some special kinds of servers.

Definitely.

Reminder that OpenBSD is lacking the following things:
>A robust filesystem such as ZFS, btrfs, or HAMMER2
>Any kind of journaling FS
>SSD TRIM
>NFSv4
>Support for more than one core on various parts of the OS. The firewall, pf, is confirmed to be one of these parts, although there may be more.
>802.11ac networking
>Nvidia graphics from this decade
>AMD Vega graphics
>Certain Intel graphics, at least judging from comparing the manpage to the wikipedia article
>Broadcom wireless
>Bluetooth
>WINE
>LUKS/dm-crypt
>Linux compatibility layer
>Mounting ext filesystems
>free(1)
>lsblk(8)
>Proper virtualization (vmd/vmm is awful compared to KVM+QEMU or even Virtualbox)
>and probably more

Attached: NOpenBSD.png (1000x1000, 168K)

based

Attached: 1524171027442.png (500x375, 269K)

the fish looks like a faggot

What is Luke Smith and why should anyone care?

He say the Jow Forums memes which tickle me a bit. Also he self promotes on this board. That’s literally it.