Meet qt at social event

>meet qt at social event
>overhear her bragging that she won her company's hackathon
>that's actually pretty cool
>approach her and ask what she coded
>"I made a spreadsheet of salaries in my department to see if there was a wage gap"
>"did you, uh, do any coding?"
>"no"
>mfw
I'm not a basement-dwelling piss-jar-hording woman-hating robot, but I mean... come on.

Attached: ptf.jpg (640x480, 27K)

lol she basically proved the opposite of what she wanted to by winning

allowing women in the workplace was a mistake

>A hackathon (also known as a hack day, hackfest or codefest) is a design sprint-like event in which computer programmers and others involved in software development, including graphic designers, interface designers, project managers, and others, often including subject-matter-experts, collaborate intensively on software projects. The goal of a hackathon is to create usable software or hardware with the goal of creating a functioning product by the end of the event.

Not to be defending a roastie, but spreadsheet modeling is programming too.
See, when you're programming you see the code and the data is hidden. Spreadsheet programming is the opposite, you see the data and the code is hidden.
They're both programs. They're both chains of functions operating on data and displaying a result to the user.

The issue is not that she didn't program, she did (even though she's not even aware of it herself). The issue is thinking the wage gap is real. Protip: if you're getting paid less it's because you're doing less work, even if you both have similar jobs.

Our company's hackathon was open to non-developers too. Don't think many participated though.
It was pretty much just to come up with cool shit that is somewhat related to what we do, didn't need to be functional software or anything.

Tessa, HR, $56000
Daniel, Development, $24000
Veronica, Front desk, $54000

I've made a program guys.

They should call it something else then. Like, if my company had a "10k race" and I won by doing the most pullups that wouldn't make much sense, right?

kek

allowing them out of the house was a mistake
>t. muslim

What are you implying, besides your stupidity? A trivial program can be written in any language.
print("hello world")

Congratulations on winning your company's hackathon, Tiffany.

>thinking hacking equals coding
zoomer confirmed

Don't be rude. Maybe she did actual Excel programming.
I bet you couldn't program shit in Excel.

>They should call it something else then
What else would they call it that people understand? 95% of things were typical hackathon things anyways, we just wanted to open it to everybody in R&D instead of just developers.

In the interest of fairness here are some possible reasons she won:
1: she did some incredible Excel programming wizardry
2: no one else entered
3: the other projects were even lamer

Brainstormathon

Posting in a things that happened thread.

Data Is Beautiful At Any Size

Exponential, Linear, Logarithmic, Polynomial and other trendlines are part of the basic Excel one click featureset.

What would you need to program in Excel?

4. in her workplace making ideological pet projects is more valuable than programming
5. ???
6. profit
7. divide profit equally between developers and cleaning staff

>hackathon
Good, let women like this win more and more. Hackathons are now extremely corporate, where a bunch of undergrads program a company's app FOR FREE. Instead of paying someone an 80k salary, they get a bunch of corporate cock sucking CS majors to work for free, and give them a free t-shirt for """winning""". The more women can fuck up hackathons, the less work these corps get done.

>The issue is not that she didn't program, she did (even though she's not even aware of it herself). The issue is thinking the wage gap is real. Protip: if you're getting paid less it's because you're doing less work, even if you both have similar jobs.
based

But they get free pizza and beanbag chairs!

Holy shit, I never thought of it like that
You're smart as FUCK!

It's a hackathon, sweaty, she maybe didn't NEED to, but she did it for the spirit of event.
I believe she can program better with Excel than you with python. Gayboi

aaand then their app is full of spaghetti govnocode and runs like shit, everything fits together now

Seriously, why do you even care whether she did any real coding or not? You should re-evaluate your approach to women. Here's what I read in your OP:
>meet qt at social event
>she talked to you even though you're out of her league
>you didn't get any because you're autistic

>I made a spreadsheet of salaries in my department to see if there was a wage gap
tbf being a feminist we already know she is pretty stupid, so not suprising really

Project much?
>why do you even care whether she did any real coding or not
I'm competitive and don't like bullshit
>You should re-evaluate your approach to women
Everyone should
>you're out of her league
We're both average
>you didn't get any because you're autistic
I didn't get any because as soon as she said that I politely excused myself

This user knows.
Based.

>going to social events