Code monkeys don't get paid wel-

>code monkeys don't get paid wel-

Attached: levels.jpg (935x466, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smartasset.com/taxes/california-tax-calculator#2bkdgiZD2O
smartasset.com/taxes/texas-tax-calculator#LKcN29zwoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wow, that might be enough to share a studio apartment with 3 other Pajeets!

>senior devs
Gosh I'd love to see how many peanuts they give to junior devs.

What does $400k get you in Silicon Valley? Is that like $100k everywhere else?

>tfw google l4

Yes

it's about $350k everywhere else

You're still looking at like >$200k for total comp. $130k salary, 10 to 20% bonus, stock, and then benefits.

senior/managmeent roles are a lot different from yes man programmers

That isn't even enough to cover state taxes.

state tax is less than 10% and you get it back from the feds

>that's just for senior level monkeys onl-

Attached: entry_mid.jpg (944x978, 99K)

Not anymore.
smartasset.com/taxes/california-tax-calculator#2bkdgiZD2O
smartasset.com/taxes/texas-tax-calculator#LKcN29zwoo

>$400,000 income
>state tax $35,653
not too bad, you'd be lucky to make $150k in flyover states

Nope I make 280k in Washington as a L4.

What's your TC f4m?

washington is not a flyover state

this year will be around 310k

Too bad a trailer costs 300k and a house with a tiny bit of land is 800k+ lol

Nice moving goalposts.

damn, i don't know anyone who has this huge salary in eastern yurope. no wounder they outsource all the fun stuff to us.

You failed to mention the ridiculous cost of living there and the only way to get a job there is to be a minority

Is an asian male a minority?

that's still not code monkey roles. those are senior and middle management roles. code monkeys are too socially inept to be in management team positions.

if your skin color is white you are not a minority.

Then explain why I have a job.

Nope. Asians are considered white as far as benefits and companies go

>70% of the company is in middle management

>if your skin color is white you are not a minority.
Asians are yellow tho.

>cuckifornia
Sure they make mad bank but that isn't worth living in the worst state

just work for 3 years you NEET

sup I'm from eastern europe kind of
is it a good idea to jump into learning software development/programming? (not in uni)

Yes

>consider CS in 2009
>boomer dad insisted that all 'nerd jobs' would get outsourced to india because he read it in the paper
>boomer mom said I'd never get a girl if I didnt stop being a nerd
>go into law to make mom and dad proud
>hate it
>end up with 2.5 GPA
>get a $40k associate position at a trash-tier firm
>work 10 hours every day + evenings
>gf always mad that I work so much (probably cucks me)
>have to wear a suit every day

Shit like this makes me so sad and jealous!
I could have had this life. Wear shorts to work, making 300k+ in my 20s, living in warm SF. Instead I chose the literal wagecuck life. FUCK

Attached: 1410293757378s.jpg (555x555, 50K)

Can I unironically self teach for a few years and land entry level for about 60%-80% this pay? Even better: where it's not webdev ruby+js cancer?

Attached: ThoughtWonderPonder.jpg (720x405, 45K)

no, you're actually one of the few minorities everyone is allowed to discriminate against and it's considered a cool thing.

Attached: ArmyLaughing.gif (675x227, 73K)

No. There are no entry-level positions without a degree + significant internship experience, or coming from an ivy league with a perfect GPA, period.

even if I'm mostly interested in frontend development/user interface design as an artfag?

How hard is it to go from working as a programmer in flyover country to one of the big league cities? This shit just reminds me how my company pays below average for programmers even just within the city and I'm getting sick of watching the slow motion trainwreck of a project with inept management steering the ship into the rocks

Generally quite easy if you have any experience, which you say you have. Make sure to play up your experience and play down management issues you've had to suffer through (example talk about your acquired skills at maneuvering moving goals and multiple objectives when you mean management was retarded and changed requirements/lost clients every 2 days). It might also be easier to apply at a local (city if possible, otherwise at least country) branch of a big company and later ask to relocate.

>job is so shit the salary is called 'compensation'
lmao

Most of the technologies we're using are kind of unusual or grossly outdated, I got a couple years working with Hadoop on one project but I'm not sure many employers are going to care about the other stuff

I also did some hobby stuff with reverse engineering game binaries a few years ago but it was still kind of amateurish and I've been unsure whether it's a good idea to even mention that at all when looking for work in a corporate environment so I've always left it off

If you can pass the interview process you will be fine. They throw like 75k salaries (or better) for job posting that essentially read: did you graduate college with a CS degree. Just goes up in compensation from there for every amount of experience you have,

incorrect.Web dev you can get jobs without degrees or substantial experience however this is the exception and not the rule. Systems and application programming on the other hand you are correct.

Big companies usually do 5 round interviews. Phone screening, HR screening, and then 3 rounds with 2 technical people and a leader such as a team leader or program manager. For HR and phone, just say you have experience with lots of tools and you're a good learning and you're good to go. For HR, namedrop a few technologies like hadoop that nobody actually uses for real but that are shilled a lot and asked about in every job application. For technical people, you should inform yourself in advance with the tools they use and try to contrast or bridge the gap (modern hiring practice is to never train people, but if you can demonstrate you already have the capacity or basic knowledge, you're still in the race). For the manager, you should demonstrate you're a team player and simultaneously that you'll be no threat to the manager's position (i.e. you're very good but not too good, have dedication but no ambition, etc.).
Finally, WHERE you apply (in particular, which team/dept.) can make it way easier. For example, you're not going to be competing against many ivy league americans if you apply in norway.
Once you're in, regardless of team or location, moving to another location is easy, but moving across roles requires you to redo the entire application process, so don't apply for frontend dev if you intend to do backend dev in the US.

I don't consider webdev to be a real thing, so I always ignore the option when discussing these topics. Good point.

If she is only your gf make a nigger fuck her and after you drank the cum out of her rectum quit with her. She will be at the bottom of the barrel after being fucked by some african bull.